“perfect little home away from home”
Review of Argyll Hotel

Argyll Hotel
Ranked #31 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed 9 January 2011

very accommodating staff; on bus routes; friendly and clean

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled solo

Reviewed 14 December 2010

this hotel was such a find, the location was fab, the staff were friendly and polite, and the breakfast was one of the nicest buffet breakfasts I have eaten, The hotel is a bit dated and in need of a lick of paint in places it was spotlessly clean, the beds were comfy, the breakfast great, the location fab, and that's all you can ask for, the best test is if you would go back and I will choose this hotel everytime I visit glasgow . A tip. There is an amazing pub called the ben nevis just round the corner.

• Stayed: December 2010
ArgyllHotel, Public Relations Manager at Argyll Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2011

Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for your positive comments on this website and I wanted to personally respond and thank you.

I appreciate your very kind comments relating to your recent stay at the Argyll Hotel. I was very pleased to read you enjoyed everything during your stay. We are undergoing an extensive refurbishment project.

Feedback is always important as it is a vital way of reviewing the level of service and facilities we provide our guests so as to make improvements. Once again thank you for your truly valuable comments.

Thank you for staying with us at the Argyll Hotel.

Kind regards

Reviewed 29 November 2010

We were looking for somewhere to stay for one night, at pretty short notice and we booked this hotel on the British Airways website and we got a better deal with B.A than with Laterooms etc. The hotel is a great location for either the city centre/West End and Kelvingrove Park/Art Galleries.

The young lady at reception could not be more helpful and provided us with all the information we required.

The rooms themselves were clean and cosy, with fresh decor and we had a nice breakfast (cereals and cooked breakfasts) the following morning. The staff in the breakfast area were very efficient and made sure we had enough tea's and coffees. Good service by the staff here.

We had a room at the back of the hotel, which was ideal. No complaints and this hotel was perfect for our requirements.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 November 2010

The Argyll Hotel is well located for both the West End and the City Centre of Glasgow. The staff were friendly and helpful and the room and breakfast were both of a high standard. The rooms are a bit heavy on the tartan but this isn't really a problem as they were spacious with lovely high ceilings. We stayed on a Saturday night and found the noise on the road outside was a bit loud, so if you want a really good night's sleep best to ask for a room at the back. I can't fault the hotel though.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 November 2010

I found myself in glasgow with nowhere to stay had rushed up as my grandfather was critical in the western hospital. Had gone with my mother and 2 my two kids 11mths and 3yrs old. A relative recommended somewhere to stay but when I got there it was awful so found myself parked outside the Argyll hotel at 5.30 pm with one screaming baby and a sleeping toddler (my mum stayed at the other place) quickly ran in and asked if they had any rooms after the last place I decided to ask about the room. lady offered to show it to me before I booked then offered to help me get the kids in. or any bags. room was great for kids they had room to play in the morning and had a lovely bath. Only thing I could fault was would be nice to have bottled water in the room and perhaps a little stool as my son is potty trained but i had to lift him on the toilet as he was to short !!! Would highly recommend for people who find them selfs needing to go there for hospital as staff really friendly breakfast lady even offered to help me get breakfast as I was on my own with two wee ones.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 November 2010

Stayed one night after our daughter's graduation, room was very good value for money and clean, staff were helpful and buffet breakfast was excellent. Huge room with kingsize and 2 single beds! Arrived late and left after breakfast so not much time to use the facilities but would recommend it to anyone on a short break as great base for exploring the city.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 October 2010

Last minute stay at this hotel in the Gaeltachd quarter of Glasgow, The rooms were decked out in the tartan of various clans with the history of the clan explained on the bedroom wall. Room was clean with plenty of facilities. The bathroom was a bit tired but overall this hotel is good value for money. A good idea would be to market the rooms in the various clans that they depict, room 208 Macpherson Room 210 Buchanan thus would appeal to the tourist market.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple