The Belhaven Hotel
US$208
US$126
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
Grand Central Hotel(Glasgow)(Great Value!)
US$265
  • Bar/Lounge
US$85
US$82
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsbyres roadwest endpremier roombotanic gardenssingle roombyres rdgreat western roadspa bathoran morno tea coffee making facilitiesnight porterlovely hotelbreakfast was delicioustop floorhuge roomunderground stationcity centre
Reviewed 13 May 2014

The hotel is within easy walking distance of the heart of the West End of Glasgow and links to the city centre. The room was clean and comfortable and, as we were on the top floor and at the back of the hotel, very quiet. The only downside was that the room had clearly undergone a very recent renovation and the smell of paint was still in the air. Also there was no mirror in the room - something that's really essential. Those are the gripes but the staff were very courteous and helpful and the breakfast was really good.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Paul W
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I was surprised with a weekend stay in the Belhaven Hotel and what a fantastic surprise it was!
To begin the hotel is in the perfect location as it is located in the beautiful Westend of Glasgow, close to the famous Byres Road and Ashton lane, in addition to both walking distance to the underground subway and only a cheap taxi fare into the city centre.
The hotel has a beautiful Victorian charm with a beautiful lilac colour scheme on entrance that captured my eye straight away. Room was lovely and clean, correct temperature and a fantastic shower that I'm still talking about. Staff very friendly and and welcoming on arrival and throughout my stay. Lastly the hotel had a great breakfast menu, suitable to everyone's taste.

I would have no hesitation in recommending the Belhaven Hotel to those new to Glasgow or those seeking a wee break away in a beautiful hotel :)

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 May 2014

I stayed overnight at the Belhaven Hotel on May 2nd. Great breakfast. Very helpful staff. Bear in mind this is an old Victorian building so there could be a few stairs to climb. I think I'd come back here again

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 May 2014

With a good location in Glasgow's West End, I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel to visitors to the city. Parking is in the street and is free. Finding a space can be a bit of a problem, depending on time of day, but staff will find a space for any guest who encounters difficulty. The hotel itself is a converted terraced townhouse where most of the original features have been retained and provides good sized rooms with ensuite facilities. All of the staff are so friendly and helpful as to make you feel you are visiting family or friends rather than a hotel. Breakfast was excellent, with a good selection of juices, fruit, cereals and toast availble to complement the breakfast menu headed by the Belhaven full breakfast.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 April 2014

I booked this and had to change the booking, which the hotel took care of very well. Hotels.com not to great, but that's a different story.

I though I had read it had parking, which it doesn't. it is at the end of a fairly busy street, which is mainly private houses, so if you arrive after 6pm, you may need to search for a parking spot. I arrived before then, and parked more or less outside. It is an imposing building, very nice indeed outside.

Helpful guy on reception, and the lobby is well decorated, somewhat boutique looking. Halls, stair and landing all the same, very well decorated and boutique looking.

The room itself. Well I am a business traveler in the main, and I look for a decent clean bed, clean bathroom and shower, a quiet room and a cuppa tea when I want one.

Decent clean bed. Clean sheets, and a bit soft for my liking. The bed itself was about 6 inches from the wall, I had to put a third pillow in the gap to stop the other to falling down it.

Clean bathroom and shower. This was just odd! A massive bath, and I do mean massive. It was a jacuzzi bath that would fit 6 people easily and a shower put up in that. Not at all what I expected. But clean enough

Quiet room. The road outside is fairly busy and it is on a junction too, I would ask for a back room next time.

Cuppa tea. Now this is the unusual thing, as I checked in I was told no tea or coffee was in the rooms, and I could pay £3.50 for it if I wanted. In 20 odd years of travel, that is a first. Even the Blackpool budget places at £20 a night have a tea bag and a kettle.

Decor. I would describe it as a bit tired. It needed a new carpet and just a bit more attention to detail. Why would you leave a lamp shade slightly off centre? I could see it, why couldn't the staff?

I can't review the breakfast, I didn't take it.

Overall not to bad, but it is the details that let them down, always the same story for these lovely hotels. The room itself was HUGE, lovely high ceiling and lots of light from the windows. As always you get asked was everything OK, and I usually answer yes. Why not tell them I hear you ask, I really don't want the hassle as a business traveler.

My advice, your hall, stairs and landing look very different from your rooms, copy that decor through to the rooms if you can.

Room Tip: Go for the back rooms, I am guessing they are away from the main road
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business