“A cosy wee room in Glasgow”

Mercure Glasgow City Hotel
Ranked #72 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed 26 October 2012

We were joining a themed group in Glasgow and the hotel was chosen by our hosts, Inside Track. Check-in was very quick and cheerful and we were soon down in the bar meeting others from as far away as Australia. Our room can best be described as compact, but with all necessary features. As a special group we ate in the restaurant and the staff were delightful, very cheerful and looking after us at dinner and breakfast. I hope they have slightly larger rooms as I would use it again if I was ever back in Glasgow.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Monica D, General Manager at Mercure Glasgow City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review and kind comments.
I was glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I will certainly look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on your next visit to the city.

Kind regards

There are newer reviews for Mercure Glasgow City Hotel

Reviewed 24 October 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
Monica D, General Manager at Mercure Glasgow City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2012

Reviewed 23 October 2012 via mobile

Just returned from a two night break in Glasgow staying Friday to Sunday at the Mercure Glasgow City hotel.

I couldn't fault the hotel for anything. The check-in went well, the room was clean, the bed was big and comfortable, the hair dryer in the room was great not like the usual hotel hair dryers and the shower was superb. Our room looked out to the front of the hotel on to Ingram Street and I can honestly say I had a good sleep and wasn't disturbed with any outside noise.

Breakfast was great, there was always a large selection to choose from. Staff were very friendly and helpful.

I have already booked again to return in December.

• Stayed: October 2012
Monica D, General Manager at Mercure Glasgow City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review and comments about your stay.
It is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and were comfortable.

We will look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel when you return in December.

Thanks

Reviewed 22 October 2012

Recently stayed here for a 3 night stay while exhibiting at the the SECC.
This place is made by the very friendly staff - 2 mentions deserved - The Housekeeping Manager (sorry forget her name - maybe Lorraine) was duty manager on our first afternoon - very friendly and good fun, plus very helpful with directions (hope you got the foot cream I left for you?). Chris on reception - he was working the same shift and was also very friendly and easy to chat to.

Hotel is a Good location for the SECC - £6 in a Taxi.

Bedrooms - Fairly small but very clean and all I required.

Breakfast - Good, lots of choice and very cheery staff.

I would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Monica D, General Manager at Mercure Glasgow City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your review and kind comments.
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel, I hope you will indeed return to stay with us again in the future.
I shall pass on your thanks to Laraine and Chris, they certainly are an asset to our team.

Thanks again

Reviewed 21 October 2012

booked the hotel as great location in the city although the location plans didn't show very well where the parking is. Its accessed via Glassford st and Wilson st if you are in a car or if on motorcycle you can get to it via Virginia place. they have relatively secure parking for both but we were put in a different area away from the cars and closer to the hotel which was great. The staff were always very helpful but we couldn't have asked for more that when we went to leave found that my rear tyre was flat and looked after my partner and our luggage while I went of with the AA to get the tyre sorted.
Eating out we found that there was a good selection of restaurants a short walk away in Merchant Square off Candleriggs and all indoors with an outdoors feel to it.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest
Thank you very much for your review.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and had time to explore the local surrounding area. I am sorry to hear about your flat tyre, I trust you managed to get this sorted out quickly.

I hope that you will decide to stay with us again in the future should you be in the area.

Many thanks and regards

Reviewed 21 October 2012

Stayed here with my husband in May as we were going to the Arches.
Very central location, close to shops and clubs etc.
Room was a bit small but for us was perfect. Staff were lovely and the breakfast was out of this world! So much choice aswell as a menu you can order things like eggs benedict and kippers from. We enjoyed our stay very much and will stay again one day.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest
Thank you very much for your review and feedback about your stay.

It is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback

I really hope that we will have the pleasure of looking after you again in the future.

Kind regards

Reviewed 20 October 2012 via mobile

I had a lovely honeymoon at the mercure hotel. Perfect location. perfect for shopping and sightseeing. Excellent room service, food and staff. Would definitely go again. The Room was very clean. Loved the Toiletries. The food was outstanding. Very healthy options.

• Stayed: October 2012

Dear Guest
Thank you very much for your review and kind comments.

I am very pleased that you were able to celebrate your honeymoon with us and that you enjoyed your stay.

I hope that we have the pleasure of looking after you again in the future.

Thanks again