“great stay!”

Mercure Glasgow City Hotel
Ranked #72 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed 2 July 2014

We stayed there one night. The room and the service were very good. No complaints whatsoever. And its location is just perfect. You leave the hotel and you are straight downtown Glasgow. I can recommend it.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Monica D, General Manager at Mercure Glasgow City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at the Mercure Glasgow City hotel.

I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and were able to take advantage of the hotel location. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback and I will ensure I share this with the rest of the team.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.
Thanks again

There are newer reviews for Mercure Glasgow City Hotel

Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here last night, the hotel itself is good and of good standard with a really solid location. I stayed in one of the rooms facing the street which was very loud all night with traffic, I would maybe ask for a higher floor to avoid this.
My main issue with the hotel was a serious lack of interest from the desk staff, I told her my company had booked me into a closed hotel(shocking by the way) and asked if they had a room , I got a Luke warm response to my plight so immediately left to check for another hotel. As I couldn't find one I had no choice but to come here.
Once I changed I asked the same person for some restaurant recommendations to which again I got a Luke warm response and a rather presumptuous one at that offering me tgi Friday's and spoons pub, I did say restaurant? However she mentioned di maggios which was a nice Italians to go to by the way.
Overall not bad but could be so much better if they improved customer interaction levels.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

I am sorry to hear that your company booked you into a closed hotel. I'm not sure how that could have happened!
The hotel has got and ideal location and I am pleased you were able to take advantage of that.
It's disappointing that you felt you were not welcomed, I am sure that this was not the intention, however, I will follow this up with the front office team. Some of our reception team are very new and still finding their feet within the city. That said, we do have experienced managers who are able to advise if required.

I do hope that this experience had not put you off booking other Mercure properties in the future.

Yours sincerely

Reviewed 25 June 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Monica D, General Manager at Mercure Glasgow City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Reviewed 22 June 2014

I stayed recently for two nights whilst on business trip.I cannot fault the hotel staff who were friendly and attentive but there were a number of things wrong which I had to raise with the duty managers and eventually the General Manager.All my complaints were taken seriously and a substantial refund was given from my bill without my asking for it.If my suggestions for ways to improve things are actioned then I can see that this busy,central hotel will be worth another visit as it had its good points,but overall I left after a far from satisfactory two night stay.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Sloncek
Monica D, General Manager at Mercure Glasgow City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you once again, for taking the time to tell us about your stay at the Mercure Glasgow City Hotel, as you know, I was very disappointed to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

We appreciate your feedback, and I hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back to the Mercure Glasgow City Hotel and provide you with a genuine hassle-free experience.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 20 June 2014

Stayed here for three nights whilst visiting my boyfriend in Glasgow. We wanted a hotel near to the centre and also near to the train station and the location was really perfect. However due to this , on our first night (Friday night) we had a room which was at the front of the hotel and it was SO noisy. I am not a light sleeper but me and my boyfriend both couldn't sleep. The room was so hot we had to have the window open which made matters a lot worse. I understand the hotel is near the centre so it would be noisy but this really was unbearable. I asked if we could be moved and although not overly apologetic we did get moved to a much quieter room and also given a fan which was nice.
The rooms are pretty basic but ours was clean and for the money I was say it was worth what we paid.
The breakfast was my highlight, there was lots of choice and you could order items from the kitchen as well.
I would stay here again but not in a front facing room!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MissHove
Monica D, General Manager at Mercure Glasgow City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review and comments about your stay at the Mercure Glasgow City hotel.

I am sorry that the first night of your stay was spoiled by noise however I was pleased that a satisfactory resolution was offered for the remainder of your stay and that you enjoyed the breakfast.

The hotel certainly has an ideal location for exploring the sights of Glasgow and local amenities.

Thanks again for your comments and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

So we booked this room last Minute, for a night out we had planned. Knew the hotel as walked passed it many times before but never been in.

The reception and public areas were great, clean and tidy. Reception was helpful too

The room was small.it was front facing, but small.. You could barely walk around the bed. Saying that, the bed was extremely comfy!!!!

The walls and window frame were very grubby, fingerprints all around the windowsill and dust everywhere. This didn't impact on our stay but it was ashame.

The bathroom was big, and the shower was great. No complaints there!

Overall, I'd stay again but only for a bargain price... Much better hotels in Glasgow for the regular rate they charge.

P.s checkout at the weekend is 12 noon!!!!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Monica D, General Manager at Mercure Glasgow City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review and comments on your stay at the Mercure Glasgow City hotel.

I was pleased that you were able to take advantage of the hotels ideal location within the city and I do hope that you enjoyed your night out in town.

Of course, poor standards of housekeeping are not acceptable and I will ensure I pass on your comments to the housekeeping team for immediate redress.

Thanks once again for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Stayed for one night on the way north because my preferred Premier Inn nearby was full. I'd arrived by bus from the airport and the hotel is only a couple of 'blocks' away from Queen Street station, and even close to the main shopping centre of Glasgow. The welcome was friendly enough from the chap on reception but the room I had stank heavily of cigarette smoke. The towel did too - I don't think it was a previous resident, it's more likely that this floor (3rd floor) was a smoking floor before the law changed and the hotel did not fork out the cash to have the rooms deep cleaned. As other reviewers have said, rooms on the 'off street' side face into the air con machinery. The secondary glazing is not that good at keeping it out of hearing but I'm a reasonably good sleeper with background noise so it didn't worry me too much. If you need to sleep with the window open though it may bother you. Toilet and shower was ok, and clean (apart from the smokey towels). TV was one of those pain in the ar$e sets where you need to go through endless menus to get the tv channels fired up but it was at least working. Breakfast in the morning was an expensive affair (over £13) for a simple buffet breakfast (not as good as Premier Inn). Poor value - I recommend, given the location to the city centre, you eat breakfast OUT in the morning. So bottom line is this place is fine if location is key for you, less good if you want a bit of comfort, food or value.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Monica D, General Manager at Mercure Glasgow City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review and feedback regarding your stay at the Mercure Glasgow City.

I am sorry that your allocated room had smelled strongly of smoke, I am sure that we would have been able to offer you an alternative for your stay. The hotel has not had smoking rooms available to guests since 2007. Although all the rooms have non smoking signage, regrettably, sometimes guests do not adhere to these guidelines.

The buffet at breakfast is a selection of the items which are the most popular, enabling a speedier service. For guests who have a little more time or prefer a wider selection, there is a menu available on each table, from which guests are able to order additional items such as fish, cheese, meats etc. to order.

I do hope that this experience has not put booking other Mercure hotels in the future.