“Shame about noise..”

Mercure Glasgow City Hotel
Ranked #69 of 95 Hotels in Glasgow
“Shame about noise..”
Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

First the good points. Staff are very friendly, rooms are clean (a tad small though) and the breakfast was great, also a great central location. The not so good, having got back to my 2nd floor room later in the evening all I could hear were the heat dumps from the building across the way. I popped downstairs and the chap on reception moved me straight away to a room on the 7th floor. Unfortunately for me, this seemed to back on to the lift shaft so each time the lift was called, I heard the mechanism at work, by this point I was too tired to move again and put up with it. Apparently this could have been avoided if I had a room on the 'inside' of the building but I was only there for one night.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank PADWAN
Monica D, General Manager at Mercure Glasgow City Hotel, responded to this review, 31 August 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Mercure Glasgow City hotel. I am sorry that your experience did not quite meet with expectations and that your stay was disturbed by noise.

I appreciate your feedback, and I hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back to the Mercure Glasgow City Hotel and provide you with a genuine hassle-free experience.

Monica Docherty

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

The location of the hotel is excellent for central Glasgow, but that's about it.

The room I had 516, was very small, little room and hardly any wardrobe. Down from a premier inn. The shower was more of a trickle.

Would not recommend for the future

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Monica D, General Manager at Mercure Glasgow City Hotel, responded to this review, 24 August 2014

Yours sincerely,

Monica Docherty

Travellers are raving about these Glasgow hotels

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 August 2014

We go to Glasgow three times a year and for a changed we booked to stay in the mercure hotel. For two rooms it cost £260 which was an absolute rip off for what you get. The price should be no more than £50 for a standard room. Rooms tiny you couldn't even move in them . When using the shower our shower head kept falling down. With the window shut we were hearing extremely loud music until 2am meaning none of us slept. I would advise you to not book this hotel it is not worth the money!

Room Tip: Don't bother booking here
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Monica D, General Manager at Mercure Glasgow City Hotel, responded to this review, 17 August 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at the Mercure Glasgow City Hotel, but I was very disappointed to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies. It is a shame that we did not have the opportunity to discuss your issues at the time of your stay.

I do hope that this experience has not put you off booking other Mercure properties in the future.

Yours sincerely

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Check in was fast and straight forward. Privelidge room was really good 4 poster bed and large couch and chairs it was a spacious room. Free wifi throughout the hotel. Breakfast was a buffet hot& cold .if breakfast isn't included in your price you are better booking it online.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Mercure Hotels

Dear Guest

Thankyou very much for your comments regarding your stay at Mercure Glasgow City Hotel. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay in the Superior room at the hotel.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and I hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.

Kiama, Australia
Reviewed 13 August 2014

centrally located, easy walk to bars, restaurants, attractions. Room ok, however stuffy due to no aircon - the window opened slightly, however our room overlooked a lane, which was very noisy at night with people leaving bars and the casino next door. Ok bar area, and staff were helpful

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Monica D, General Manager at Mercure Glasgow City Hotel, responded to this review, 16 August 2014
Dear Guest

I am pleased that you were able to take advantage of the hotels ideal location. The hotel is an older building which does mean that the room sizes can vary and unfortunately there is no air conditioning installed in the bedrooms. We can provide fans on request if that helps and the windows can be opened fully in most rooms.

I appreciate your feedback, and I hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back to Mercure Glasgow City Hotel and provide you with a genuine hassle-free experience.