“Great value in a central location”

Mercure Glasgow City Hotel
Ranked #73 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed 1 September 2014 via mobile

This hotel was a great find for us and we enjoyed our stay there immensely! The staff were friendly and very helpful, and the location couldn't have been better...only three minutes walk from railway station. Our room wasn't large, but let's face it, we weren't there to hang around in our room! Although it was quite old it seemed well maintained and clean. The security in the lobby was great at night and breakfasts were very good in the morning. I would recommend this place to other travellers, particularly if you don't have loads of money.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Debmc21
Monica D, General Manager at Mercure Glasgow City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2014

Dear Guest

I very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Mercure Glasgow City Hotel. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Reviewed 31 August 2014

The hotel is in a good location right in the city centre, and a very short walk from Glasgow Central Station. My room was small, but clean and comfortable. It might be somewhat cramped for a couple with a lot of luggage. It wouldn't be my first choice for a romantic break, but it's fine if you need to stay in the city centre and don't want to pay for luxury you don't need. Breakfast was perfectly adequate and average for this sort of hotel, and the staff were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Monica D, General Manager at Mercure Glasgow City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2014

Dear Guest

I much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Mercure Glasgow City Hotel. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Reviewed 30 August 2014

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank Hewge1
Monica D, General Manager at Mercure Glasgow City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2014

Reviewed 28 August 2014

I stayed one night with a friend. The room was small but adequate, very clean and tidy. The staff were all friendly and happy to help. The beds were very comfortable. We took advantage of room service during our stay which was too a high standard. The breakfast was good although we had a slight issue with the two members of staff sitting guest sat us at our table then while we got up sat someone else at our table

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Mercure Hotels

Dear Guest

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Mercure Glasgow City Hotel. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

I am sorry for the inconvenience at breakfast. I will share these comments with the team to ensure this does not happen again in the future.

Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

First the good points. Staff are very friendly, rooms are clean (a tad small though) and the breakfast was great, also a great central location. The not so good, having got back to my 2nd floor room later in the evening all I could hear were the heat dumps from the building across the way. I popped downstairs and the chap on reception moved me straight away to a room on the 7th floor. Unfortunately for me, this seemed to back on to the lift shaft so each time the lift was called, I heard the mechanism at work, by this point I was too tired to move again and put up with it. Apparently this could have been avoided if I had a room on the 'inside' of the building but I was only there for one night.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank PADWAN

Dear Guest

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Mercure Glasgow City hotel. I am sorry that your experience did not quite meet with expectations and that your stay was disturbed by noise.

I appreciate your feedback, and I hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back to the Mercure Glasgow City Hotel and provide you with a genuine hassle-free experience.

Kind regards

Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

The location of the hotel is excellent for central Glasgow, but that's about it.

The room I had 516, was very small, little room and hardly any wardrobe. Down from a premier inn. The shower was more of a trickle.

Would not recommend for the future

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Monica D, General Manager at Mercure Glasgow City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at the Mercure Glasgow City Hotel, but I was very disappointed to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Monica D, General Manager at Mercure Glasgow City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014