1,184 results
All reviews george square rooms are small would stay here again excellent location queen st short stay reception staff saturday night buffet style bars and restaurants the heart of the city stayed one night weekend break cooked breakfast corinthia
Reviewed 27 June 2018

I stayed for 2 nights on a work trip. I found it to be a perfectly decent hotel, very centrally located in a main shopping street. My room was small but it had everything I needed and was clean enough. Even though I was over the street it was quiet at night and not too hot either. I thought the full Scottish cooked breakfast with haggis and potato bread was excellent. Delicious sausages and bacon, a real treat.
Our organisation used a meeting room and had hot cookies and smoothy shots with the breaktime teas and coffees. We were looked after well.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Dan G, General Manager at Mercure Glasgow City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2018

Hi UnaW,

Thanks for the review and great to hear you enjoyed your stay and meeting with us.

Please come back and stay again soon.

Reviewed 26 June 2018

I stayed here recently for three nights on business as I needed to be based in central Glasgow. They only appear to be do a Bed & Breakfast option instead of dinner, bed and breakfast. This is maybe because of the booking agent my company uses and wasn't really an issue as there are many restaurants within a few moments walk.

One evening it was so noisy down in reception I was quite glad that I was venturing out.

The room itself was average but was quite dark and dated. They have the usual breakfast options of cooked or continental - I went for the cooked option which was fine,

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the review.

We do have a restaurant in the hotel which serves breakfast,lunch and dinner its maybe dinner, bed and breakfast rates you could not find.

Your booking agent should have been able to book dinner for you.

It can be noisy due to our very central location.

Reviewed 26 June 2018

The location is great for seeing the city centre, the tiny (and dark) room was clean but would need a refurbishment - and there is no air condition ("open the window" works as a solution, as long as you're ok with street night life). Breakfast ok but not more. Friendly and helpful staff! Maybe a bit overpriced, but you pay for the location...

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business

Hi DrG0202,

Thanks for the review and and great to hear you found the team friendly and helpful.

Its quite clear on hear that our rooms are compact so always a good idea to check on TripAdvisor if things like larger rooms are important to you.

Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

The Mercure Glasgow is quite a small city centre hotel that I stayed at in June 2018 for a one night business stay.
For my brief stay (checked in at 10pm and out at 8am) it was perfectly serviceable (plus work paid for it) so I have no major concerns and had no problems at all. It's just that I was left a little underwhelmed with my experience.
I have to say all the staff were polite and friendly though which is always nice. When reading this do bear in mind that my stay was very short!
The lobby and bar was nice but quite small. Once up in my room it was a fairly standard layout with predictable decor. It was a bit dated and starting to look in need of a refurb (see pics). The bathroom door was damaged and couldn't be closed properly as the paneling would have been ripped off (see pics).
The bed was comfy though and the room was quiet enough for a good night sleep.
Breakfast the following morning was okay but nothing special. It's buffet style with a fair range of cooked items but the cold selection was limited.
It is in a good location for visiting Glasgow City centre though.
For one night it was fine but any linger and I think I'd be looking elsewhere.
A so so rating from me this time!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business

Hi markymark75,

Thanks for the review.

Good to hear you found the team friendly and sorry about the door I will get our maintenance team to check it and repair.

Reviewed 13 June 2018

I stayed in Glasgow last weekend and chose this hotel due to its location and parking facilities.
Our room cost £130 for a Saturday night, which isn't over priced but for this room it was. The room is so small if my partner was stood I had to be sat on the bed as THERE IS NOT enough room for 2 people in their "average" rooms. The rooms, bathrooms mainly, need a lot of TLC. The light above the bath didn't work and the fitting was coming away from the roof! Paint chipping and very old décor.
There was thunder in Glasgow that weekend so very humid but we managed to keep our window open for fresh air to get in.
The car park is to the back of the hotel, not attached, no CCTV and not well maintained with Screws and Nails near where we parked, but good at £10 for guests and £20 for non guests with a key pad entry and exit system.
The staff were very accommodating and pleasant at reception helping us with questions we had and coming to us with a new hair dryer when we thought ours didn't work (it did but you have to hold in the button)
12pm Check out is more than adequate especially if you have been out the night previously and we could still leave our car in the car park.
The hotel rooms need major updates, just not space for 2 people in a double, great location and services otherwise.
wont book again though.

Stayed: June 2018
Dan G, General Manager at Mercure Glasgow City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2018

Hi SammyButch,

Thanks for the review and sorry to hear you found your room compact. As mentioned many times on here are rooms are compact and pricing is dependant on demand also if you book well in advance we have cheaper deals available. £130 for a Saturday night is a good deal and many hotels will be charging upwards of £160. I would advise checking on TripAdvisor before booking if space is important to you as a lot of hotels have some compact rooms.

We are presently painting our bedrooms but due to the hotel remaining open this will take a while.

We don't have air-con so I am sorry you found the room stuffy and I will check the car park for screws and nails, I park there myself and have had no problems in 3 years.

I can recommend the Novotel for larger rooms (more expensive though).