Crowne Plaza Glasgow
Looks like thanks to Brad & Co. usual hotels fully booked, so Company’s Agents dispatched me to
CP Glasgow, for 3 nights, forgetting to tell me place being refurbished, now, loyal readers you know HDUK recommends refurbished hotels, but not those "being" refurbished.
Anyway, to reception, where a bright smiling face greets HDUK, gives the most info and still smiling.
“Any chance of upgrade?” I ask flashing me soon to be binned Priority Gold card, “already done, plus the Club Lounge is on the floor below, free wine, beer, soft drinks & snack” the now, nice young lady beamed…
Things looking up…….even though in lounge area, that resembles airport, busy, Tarpaulins etc…….
Lifts working and quick, try to hook a ride in the panoramic lift at end, good for one time experience.
Now – Room, apparently is Biz Class, but I found small, you think HDUK exaggerating?....Ok, Try opening ironing board and see how much room left…………lol
Plus temperature is overly warm, AC tries, but for me was just about comfortable, I can see others finding room hot, plus, windows do not open, well 16th floor after all………lol
Complimentary bottles of water daily, plus couple of bots of some spray you put on pillow to aid sleep, room clean, comfortable
Hey CP’s when you guys doing away with the charging for wireless internet boogie? Cut contract, with rip off bods, not doing your rep any good!
Place must be good, as car park packed, even HDUK had to queue up for brekky, unheard of!!!!
Brekky Ok, omelette test was ok…
Now I know what you waiting for, Club Lounge report.
Da Club Lounge – 15th floor, use room card to enter, comfy chairs, free wired internet, noticed some board games,free wine, beer (Becks bottle) & drinks, best part help yer self....heh heh!!.........Some dry snacks as well, and choice of Crisps packets….
HDUK –has since learned only Platinum Card holders are entitled to free upgrades, so stay at CP Glasgow, even better!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Crowne Plaza Glasgow. A modern and stylish hotel overlooking the River Clyde, with a covered walkway to the Scottish Exhibition & Conference Centre (SECC), Crowne Plaza Glasgow is an excellent choice for the business and leisure traveller. With 283 air conditioned contemporary bedrooms and suites, all fully equipped with Smart televisions, trouser press, hairdryer, iron and ironing board, tea/coffee making facilities and wireless internet access. The spacious Club Rooms boast Kingsized beds with stunning river views, Smart TVs and exclusive access to our Club Lounge, with complimentary refreshments to relax or hold informal meetings. The Leisure Club includes an indoor pool, equipped gym, sauna, spa and steam room. Alternatively, treat yourself to a massage or beauty treatment in Isis, our in-house Beauty Salon. There are 15 conference/functions suites, including a dedicated boardroom with plasma screen, to accommodate all types of events. Crowne Plaza Glasgow is located directly opposite the Glasgow Science Centre, the BBC and STV Headquarters and the nearby Transport Museum and Tall Ship visitor attraction. Easy access to shopping areas such as Braehead, Buchanan Galleries, St Enoch and Argyle Street make this a great leisure destination. The hotel is non-smoking throughout. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, IHG, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Crowne Plaza Glasgow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Glasgow Hotel Glasgow
- Glasgow Crowne Plaza
- Crowne Plaza Glasgow Scotland