We stayed here for 3 nights in August, even though they were refurbishing the hotel, they did their best to keep the disruption to a minimum.
The hotel is very close to a metro station and this enabled us to travel all over Glasgow, it is opposite the science museum and within walking distance to a couple of others. We were on the 14th floor so had agreat view. The room was a good size, toiletries, tea, coffee and biscuits were always provided. We paid 200 pounds for the 3 nights including breakfast (the breakfasts were first rate, with lots of choice, including porridege), which was a great deal, though I think it was because we stayed outside the conference season.
We also used the pool and gym which were fine, but they do need a disabled changing room, as I had to leave my son who has a disability to change himself in the mens changing room.
The staff weren't overly friendly, but they did their jobs well and I think this was due to the large coach party checking in.
I would stay here again, I wouldn't pay full rate, but definitely would with the offer rate.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Crowne Plaza Glasgow. A modern and stylish hotel overlooking the River Clyde, with a covered walkway to the Scottish Exhibition & Conference Centre (SECC), Crowne Plaza Glasgow is an excellent choice for the business and leisure traveller. With 283 air conditioned contemporary bedrooms and suites, all fully equipped with Smart televisions, trouser press, hairdryer, iron and ironing board, tea/coffee making facilities and wireless internet access. The spacious Club Rooms boast Kingsized beds with stunning river views, Smart TVs and exclusive access to our Club Lounge, with complimentary refreshments to relax or hold informal meetings. The Leisure Club includes an indoor pool, equipped gym, sauna, spa and steam room. Alternatively, treat yourself to a massage or beauty treatment in Isis, our in-house Beauty Salon. There are 15 conference/functions suites, including a dedicated boardroom with plasma screen, to accommodate all types of events. Crowne Plaza Glasgow is located directly opposite the Glasgow Science Centre, the BBC and STV Headquarters and the nearby Transport Museum and Tall Ship visitor attraction. Easy access to shopping areas such as Braehead, Buchanan Galleries, St Enoch and Argyle Street make this a great leisure destination. The hotel is non-smoking throughout. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Hotels.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Crowne Plaza Glasgow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Glasgow Hotel Glasgow
- Glasgow Crowne Plaza
- Crowne Plaza Glasgow Scotland