Spent a Saturday night in wild November weather at the Crowne Plaza to celebrate our first wedding anniversary and were really chuffed to be upgraded to one of the 15th floor Club Rooms with free access to the Club Lounge - and all because I'm a member of the Priority Club scheme! Beautiful rooms with taffeta curtains, a huge bed with comfy mattress topper and at least a king size with lots of nice little extras like fluffy bathrobes and flip-flops. Brilliant blackout curtains with no side gaps to let the light in and waken us too early, so we had a verrrrryyyy relaxing night's sleep - didn't need any of the aromatherapy sleeping aids in the bathroom to help. As before, we appreciated the huge reception area, not least for the friendliness of staff including Chevaune, Christine and Jakub, but also for the buzz, the great atmosphere with the dining room incorporated and the piano bar. The panoramic elevator is also great fun and the views from the 15th floor were tremendous. We took the train from Glasgow Central Station to the Exhibition Centre station and, although it was quite a trek from the station into the hotel, it was mainly under a covered walkway / exhibition centre...and very cheap! It's a smashing little luxury for weekends away and an experience we like to repeat every now and then!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Crowne Plaza Glasgow. A modern and stylish hotel overlooking the River Clyde, with a covered walkway to the Scottish Exhibition & Conference Centre (SECC), Crowne Plaza Glasgow is an excellent choice for the business and leisure traveller. With 283 air conditioned contemporary bedrooms and suites, all fully equipped with Smart televisions, trouser press, hairdryer, iron and ironing board, tea/coffee making facilities and wireless internet access. The spacious Club Rooms boast Kingsized beds with stunning river views, Smart TVs and exclusive access to our Club Lounge, with complimentary refreshments to relax or hold informal meetings. The Leisure Club includes an indoor pool, equipped gym, sauna, spa and steam room. Alternatively, treat yourself to a massage or beauty treatment in Isis, our in-house Beauty Salon. There are 15 conference/functions suites, including a dedicated boardroom with plasma screen, to accommodate all types of events. Crowne Plaza Glasgow is located directly opposite the Glasgow Science Centre, the BBC and STV Headquarters and the nearby Transport Museum and Tall Ship visitor attraction. Easy access to shopping areas such as Braehead, Buchanan Galleries, St Enoch and Argyle Street make this a great leisure destination. The hotel is non-smoking throughout. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Ebookers, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Crowne Plaza Glasgow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Glasgow Hotel Glasgow
- Glasgow Crowne Plaza
- Crowne Plaza Glasgow Scotland