This is a large business / conference hotel, in between major conference facilities, and with conference facilities of its own. It's a fairly standard hotel, some public areas getting a bit 'tired'. Its a rambling place, and the signage could be much better. As for the rooms, again they're quite tired looking. Everything works fine, including heating / cooling, but nothing special. Sleep quality is compromised by hearing everyone else's plumbing during the night. No safe in the room.
There is a fairly decent fitness facility, quite popular. Bar area is OK, but limited choice of beers (if you like traditional beer you will be disappointed). Don't expect any complimentary nibbles either (which would be offered at the lowliest of European hotels) - you pay for your nuts here!
There is WiFi, as long as you're prepared to pay £7 /day for smart phone access. This is really disappointing, its not the cheapest of hotels, and many lower priced chains now offer this as standard.
An evening function as part of a conference went fine, the food was tasty and prepared well. The breakfasts were OK - no porridge on offer, in Scotland I thought this was the law!
Overall, unless I was attending a conference here again I wouldn't choose to return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Crowne Plaza Glasgow. A modern and stylish hotel overlooking the River Clyde, with a covered walkway to the Scottish Exhibition & Conference Centre (SECC), Crowne Plaza Glasgow is an excellent choice for the business and leisure traveller. With 283 air conditioned contemporary bedrooms and suites, all fully equipped with Smart televisions, trouser press, hairdryer, iron and ironing board, tea/coffee making facilities and wireless internet access. The spacious Club Rooms boast Kingsized beds with stunning river views, Smart TVs and exclusive access to our Club Lounge, with complimentary refreshments to relax or hold informal meetings. The Leisure Club includes an indoor pool, equipped gym, sauna, spa and steam room. Alternatively, treat yourself to a massage or beauty treatment in Isis, our in-house Beauty Salon. There are 15 conference/functions suites, including a dedicated boardroom with plasma screen, to accommodate all types of events. Crowne Plaza Glasgow is located directly opposite the Glasgow Science Centre, the BBC and STV Headquarters and the nearby Transport Museum and Tall Ship visitor attraction. Easy access to shopping areas such as Braehead, Buchanan Galleries, St Enoch and Argyle Street make this a great leisure destination. The hotel is non-smoking throughout. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Ebookers, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Crowne Plaza Glasgow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Glasgow Hotel Glasgow
- Glasgow Crowne Plaza
- Crowne Plaza Glasgow Scotland