“Good Hotel”

Ranked #39 of 95 Hotels in Glasgow
Scotland, UK
“Good Hotel”
Reviewed 11 March 2012

I stayed here for the one night for a business trip. I would say that it is a good hotel. Is nicely fitted out, has a good choice at breakfast, good proximity to key areas. I did not pay myself so can't comment on prices. But I found the hotel to be good, the room is particularly spacious and nicely fitted. Only complaint for me would be the view, as on 1st floor out the window. Thus if you could try and get a higher room if you are interested in having a good view.

1 Thank moon_uk_dundee
DJMcVEY, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Glasgow, responded to this review, 12 March 2012
Thanks for posting a review and for your kind comments. With regards to rates charged, you will always find the best rates on offer on our website.

Dominic McVey

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (540)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
Aberden
Reviewed 9 March 2012

Chose this hotel as it was attached to the SECC and my colleague and I were at a conference there for 2 nights.. Staff are very friendly. When we arrived we had an excellent lunch. The breakfast was a buffet and an excellent choice. Brilliant nights sleep as we were in the quiet zone. Huge bed very comfortable, bathroom was well stocked with shower gel, body lotion etc. Will certainly use this hotel again . Taxi into glasgow ranged between £5 and £6.

Room Tip: ask for the quiet zone, they have dedicated rooms that you are guaranteed a good sleep away from lif...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Thankyou for posting a review following your recent stay. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and am particularly grateful for your kind words about the food on offer as we have been doing a lot of work in this area. I am also pleased that you found the staff friendly - I will ensure your comments are brought to the attention of the team.

edinburgh
Reviewed 8 March 2012

We stayed at the Crowne Plaza for 1 night on 2nd March. From the moment we arrived until we left each member of staff from reception, bar and breakfast were very friendly and helpful. The bedroom for 3 of us sharing had plenty of space. The cooked breakfast was delicious and well stocked on the Saturday morning.

My only complaint would be the heat of the room. I normally am very cold but found the room very hot. The air conditioning did work but was quite noisy but we were still able to sleep.

Room Tip: Higher up room great views.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
It was great to read your review - thankyou so much. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay so much and thought that the staff were so friendly.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 March 2012

My friend and I visited the Crowne Plaza last weekend for a relaxing weekend. I had stayed there before and always vowed to go back, even though I live in Glasgow! On arrival we checked in a little early but our room was ready. We took the panoramic lift up with great views across Glasgow, our room was on the 5th floor and had everything we required. Modern decor, light and airy and a huge bed. We enjoyed afternoon tea with champagne in the hotel restaurant which has a great atmposphere, a huge airy space which never feels too busy! The lunch menu looked very impressive also. We had an evening out in Glasgow and returned to our room for a wonderful nights sleep. Really comfortable bed. Breakfast was perfect, with a large selection of cooked items as well as pastries, fruits, cereals, definitely something for everyone! Check out was seamless, staff were more than happy to arrange a taxi back home for us. A really lovely city hotel, great for access to SECC and also not too far from the centre of Glasgow for shopping / eating out. Hope to return again soon!

Room Tip: I think all rooms have a great view!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
We were very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay so much. I was particularly intersted to learn that you had afternoon tea and that it was so good as our lounge is becoming an increasingly popular place to meet for Teas.

Hope you'll be back before long.

Rgds,

Cambridge
Reviewed 6 March 2012

The conference hotel in Glasgow by the SECC. Very shabby approach from outside but the room (11th F) comfortable with great view.
However I cannot recommend this hotel as it it is yet another that charges extortionate rates for internet connection (£5/hr I was told). I would prefer that charge for lighting, heating and towels - when will these boring, dull conference places stop ripping off their clients?

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Thankyou for your review. I am sorry that you feel unable to recommend the hotel due to the internet charges. I am pleased to report however, that due to feedback we are reviewing the internet facilities offered with the suppliers and hopefully will be in a position to offer alternatve solutions.

I was pleased to read that you did enjoy your room and the views,

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 March 2012

This was our second visit in a month. We had our decadent afternoon tea which seemed greatly improved since the last time and was lovely.
We had our dinner in the restaurant in the evening which was fantastic value for money
The pool, jacuzzi and sauna were all great and the rooms were modern and comfy.
This hotel has a real buzz to it and has become my favourite.
The only small criticism is the rooms are always too warm at night. However to some that may be a plus especially in the Scottish winter.
Well done to all staff for their wonderful customer service.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
What a great review. I am so pleased we have become your favourite hotel and that you feel the hotel has great buzz about it.

Don't leave it too long before you return,

Inverness, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 March 2012

Now I do a lot of 4 star hotels, both through business and leisure. Only recently have I started reviewing them on this website, hoping to give a fair and accurate impression to other users as some of the reviews on here are completely barmy!

I can say, hand on heart, that this is the best 4 star hotel i have ever stayed at!

I'll start from the beginning.

I was at this hotel as I was attending a conference at the SECC. The location for this could not have been better! The hotel is actually structurally linked to the SECC, so you don't have to go outside and get soaked if the weather is poor. There is also ample parking available at decent rates (£6 per night). The hotel is imposing from the outside, Towering over all other building near by, which affords fantastic cityscape views from rooms on the upper floors. When you walk into the lobby, you are greeted by an overwhelming impression of light and space. A massively high ceiling covers the bar and one of the restaurants. The hotel staff are so friendly, and helpful - there was a mix-up with my reservation, but this was resolved in 2 minutes flat,and all done with big, friendly Glaswegian smiles.

The speedy lifts (one of them being glass sided, offering a little bit of a thrill as you see the city fall away below), whisks you up to your floor. The decor is quality throughout. My room was a very good size indeed, with a huge window, giving a fab view down the Clyde towards the centre - which is also lovely at night. The decor within was modern, tasteful, completely functional, beautifully presented and clean!

Some nice touches that, although simple, make a big difference include chocolates and a welcome note on your pillow, a minibar stocked with complementary sparking and still mineral water ( i have stayed at other, far inferior hotels where they charge you upwards of £5 for this little privilege) and plenty of complementary hot drinks, including hot chocolate There are 2 phones in the room, one at the large desk, the other at the bedside, which is very useful indeed. There is a large brightly lit mirror above the desk. Other facilities in the room include an ironing board with decent steam iron, and a trouser press.

The bathroom was large, with a great shower/bath, The complimentary toiletries are of a high standard, and again with the little touches, a note in the bathroom telling you that if you have forgotten anything, simply call reception and they will deliver complementary toothbrushes, razors etc to your room. Believe me when I say that not all 4 star hotels offer this level on service as standard.

My bed was perfect! Enough said.

The only little fault with the room was that the TV was quite small, and the selection of channels limited, but hey, who spends their time at hotels like this sat in their room watching TV?

As a business venue, it is supreme. I attended a dinner function one of the evenings that catered to more than 300 people. The service was excellent. The staff to customer ratio was excellent. The food, both in the evening, and at breakfast is of a very good quality.

The standard of 4 star hotels varies wildly, with some of the well known luxury chains often failing miserably to impress, but this hotel really does deserve it's rating - and this review! :)

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
DJMcVEY, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Glasgow, responded to this review, 8 March 2012
What a great review. Thankyou so much. It is always greatly appreciated when one takes the time and trouble to post a review when everything is good and not when somethings go wrong. On saying that - complacency will not happen!

Thanks again for such constructive and comprehensive feedback.

Regards