“Great location!”

Ranked #37 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Great location!”
Reviewed 15 November 2012

I picked the Crowne Plaza to stay at recently as we were going to see Kevin Bridges that very evening at the Clyde Auditorium.
There was plenty of parking in the hotel's own car park & the £6 overnight fee for guests is very reasonable.The reception staff were very helpful & polite both on arrival & departure.
Our room was spotless,there was a great view over the Clyde & the west side of Glasgow.I can honestly say i've never stayed at a hotel where helicopters have landed & taken off so close before-it was rather unique and it didn't spoil our stay in the slightest.
I will definitly stay at the Plaza again if I was going to a show at the Clyde Auditorium or it's neighbour the SECC.

Room Tip: Always ask for a riverview room.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jacqueline M
QMHManager, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Glasgow, responded to this review, 5 December 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. I’m pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our team members to be helpful and polite at all times. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Dominic McVey

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (541)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
Manchester UK
Reviewed 12 November 2012

Lovely hotel by the SECC, great rooms, great breakfast and efficient staff - only small issue is location as is 5 quid taxi drive from the City Centre - about 20 minute walk. Depending on what you want this could be inconvenient - but it wasnt a problem for us - and the advantage is that the hotel is very quiet.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
QMHManager, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Glasgow, responded to this review, 20 November 2012
Thank you for your feedback. I’m pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found us to be a great hotel. We might not be in the city centre but we are fortunate to have a taxi rank at the front door. Should you visit again our team members at reception will only be too happy to give you any information about available public transport you may require.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 November 2012

Stayed at the crowne plaza for the first time to go to the Bon Iver concert as a friend had reccommended us. Check in was smooth lovely staff, our room was gorgeous, 14th floor so fabulous views (always ask for a high up room!) Had drinks in the bar very efficent and friendly bar staff then went on to the restaurant for a meal greeted by a fantastic hostess and she gave us a lovely window table. Buffet was delcious all you can eat basciallly for £23, restaurant staff were great and the chef constantly topped up the buffet. Breakfast was great too. Only gripe is the Wifi. Will be back, thank you!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you for such a glorious review! I’m very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and the view from your room. I’m glad our team members made your stay easy and you enjoyed your food. Our WiFi is currently under consideration after we have taken many of our guests comments on board. I look forward to welcoming you back soon and you’re very welcome. I hope your next stay is just as wonderful.

Scotland
Reviewed 10 November 2012

Stayed just one night here as I was attending a 2 day event at SECC. When I arrived, the foyer was absolutely mobbed! There seemed to be a lot of meetings + events taking place in the hotel that day. My heart sank as I envisaged a long check in time - but pleased to say I was wrong :) Within 10 minutes I was checked in. The staff member asked if I had stayed previously and when I said I hadn't, she took the time - despite the reception being busy - to explain the facilities available and if I wanted a paper or wake up call. Given how busy it was, I thought that was good service.

The room was big and the bed was huge ! I think it was two 'pushed' together but I was there alone so didn't bother me. Complimentary chocolates in the room and lovely toiletries - all in all, very pleasant.

Breakfast was one of the biggest selections I had seen. Variety of fruit juice (unlike most hotels where you get two !), good selection of cereals and fruit including fresh fruit and the coffee I ordered was on my table by the time I had collected my fruit juice. Have to say I have never seen haggis at breakfast but I am sure tourists love this being available.

My only downside comment would be the socket to plug in the kettle in the room. The base of the kettle is stuck to the tray and the socket is at floor level under the desk. Any time I wanted a coffee, I had to kneel on the floor - which was a bit of a palavar! So if the management read this please consider having sockets moved up to waist height - I dread to think how older people or those with mobility issues would manage.

Overall though a very pleasant stay, easy to reach and would happily return (if only to try the haggis ! )

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank traveller281
Thank you for writing a great review of your time with us. I’m pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and would happily return. I hope you do get to try our haggis – it’s spectacular! I’m glad our service impressed you, no matter how busy we are we always have time for our guests. With regard to the Plugs , these are available at waist height in a “periscope” on the desk. I am sorry that they were not apparent. I look forward to welcoming you back,

Stirling
Reviewed 10 November 2012

Stayed here last week using my Priority Card points so the room itself was free. We were going to a musical right next door in the Clyde Auditorium (armadillo) so it was really handy. The main hotel concourse is HUGE with a large bar and restaurant. Nice place to sit with cavernous high ceilings. Our room on the 7th floor was fine with nice views over the Clyde river and west over Glasgow although the king sized bed was pretty hard and the bathroom could do with being refurbished. The shower leaked all over the floor. We order a late night pizza but it was dreadful. Avoid! Would stay again but wouldnt want to pay full price.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you for leaving feedback on your stay. We find your comments to be very useful when training our team members. I’m pleased to read that you would stay again but I am very sorry about the malfunctioning shower and the poor Pizza . I will make sure to send someone from maintenance to check the bathrooms to ensure everyone is in working order and will look into why the Pizza was quite obviously not up to standard. I hope to welcome you back in the future.

Hoylandswaine, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 November 2012

We found this hotel to be excellent value for money. Friendly staff, very clean comfortable room and excellent breakfast choice. Certainly go back there when we revisit the area. Very convenient for many amenities and visitor attractions, and easily accessible from the motorway network.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
I’m very pleased to read that you found us to be excellent value for money and that you found the team friendly and that your room was clean and comfortable. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future. Thank you for your review.

Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 November 2012

Stayed here for one night on business although this is my third stay at this hotel. I chose this hotel specifically as it is directly adjacent to the Conference Centre where I was attending a conference. On arrival I was asked if I had a preference on whether I was high up or low down in the tower block - I had no preference but indicated that I didn't sleep very soundly so quiet was important. I was put at the end of a corridor on the 14th floor. My room was reasonably spacious with twin beds rather than a double (I would have preferred a double but wasn't given a choice). I had a good view of the river (and the car park of the hotel!). Generally the room was very comfortable and well equipped. I did find it a bit odd that I needed to move the whole tray in order to boil the kettle as the plug next to it seemed to have been blocked up. The bathroom was clean although the marble tiles were very loud! I thought it probably could have done with a bit of a spruce up. I was a bit cold generally but found the blankets which made a difference. Breakfast was very busy but the buffet was perfectly fine if a little unimaginative. I did have to pay £10 for 24 hours Wifi which seemed rather unnecessary bearing in mind that most people will be staying for business.

Room Tip: Views are good from upper floors
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your time with us. I’m pleased to read that your time with us was well spent and you enjoyed your meal. I’m happy to announce that we are currently finalising plans for our next stage of refurbishment and your comments about our WiFi have been noted for further consideration.

Regards,