“Excellent stay with nice, helpful, pleasant staff”

Crowne Plaza Glasgow
Ranked #39 of 96 Hotels in Glasgow
“Excellent stay with nice, helpful, pleasant staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2012

I organised my Christmas party night for 20 December 2012. I have been arranging these events for the past ten years, our numbers are normally between 60 - 80.

This year we tried the Crowne Plaza, Glasgow and I must say this was the best Christmas party ever. I found the price, food and entertainment fantastic. The staff were very friendly and catered for every need.

I will definitely be back next year. Thanks to all, especially the Christmas party team.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank SCBruce
QMHManager, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Glasgow, responded to this review, 15 January 2013
I’m very pleased to read that you enjoyed your Christmas event with us and will return to us Christmas 2013. I will pass your review onto our team members who worked that evening and I look forward to welcoming you back to us soon.

Dominic McVey

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (535)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
Lincoln, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2012

I have now stayed here twice. The location, by the Clyde, is lovely and really peaceful, despite being only 5 mins from Charing Cross. The staff are really friendly, the rooms clean and very comfortable and all for a very reasonable price. I will stay here again!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank DavidMac99
Thank you for reviewing your latest stay with us. I’m very pleased to read that as a returning guest, you continue to enjoy your stays with us and find our location to be lovely and peaceful and our hotel clean and comfortable. I hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.

Dundee, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2012

Stayed for one night to see a show in SECC.
The hotel has its own private access into the centre, so there was no need to go outside into the cold winter night, which was very welcome.
We got upgraded to a suite which was fab. The rooms were clean and well equiped as you would expect. Really good views up the Clyde.
The breakfast was very tasty - eat all you can hot and cold buffet.
Car park was good value for money - £6 overnight and up to midnight of the following day.
We walked into the city centre (20mins) along the river bank, for xmas shopping then taxi'd back to the hotel before heading off (approx £7 from Queen St Station).
We didn't get a chance to eat at the restaurant or drink at the bar, so cant comment.
Didn't use the panoramic lift either as my 'better half' chickened out!!
We'll be back.....

Room Tip: Front of the hotel for best views
1 Thank AMcL007
Thank you for leaving a review of your stay with us. I’m very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us while you went to see a show. I’m glad you found your upgrade and food to be excellent and I am thrilled to read that you will be back (hopefully to try our lift!). I look forward to welcoming you back to us.

Hallett Cove, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2012

Stayed here with my family to see Madness in concert. Arrived early by car and had a nice relaxing meal in the bar before heading through to the concert - very convenient. Afterwards, came back to the bar - very pricey drinks though. Good sleep in our room and then a lovely buffet breakfast (included in the room rate) before departing. Paid £91 in advance for the 4 of us B+B which I think was excellent value. Another £6 to park the car overnight which was ok I suppose. Overall really pleased with the deal we got, the price we paid but most of all the Madness concert of course!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank DML
I’m very pleased that you found us to be great value for money during your stay and I’m pleased you slept well. I’m glad your meals were pleasant and I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Highlands Scotland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2012

I picked up a bargain B&B deal through Trivago. Great room, well appointed. The girl on reception was very helpful and even went to search and see if I was a Priority Club Member ( which I was) and so gained 20% off drinks from the bar. Very helpful indeed! I cannot remember her name but she was Spanish, so thank you Spanish receptionist!
Warm room with easy to operate temperature controls. Clean , quiet and lovely buffet breakfast.
Ideal location for city centre venues.
Would stay again.

3 Thank LeSinge77
I’m very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and found our team members to be efficient and friendly. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Scotland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2012 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here the night after our wedding to chill out after it all. We booked a club suite on the 15th floor. The room was quite small even though we told reservations we were bringing our 1 year old with travel cot. The room was spotless though, I can't fault housekeeping. Receptionist on check in was very cold and unwelcoming. A simple how was your journey would have been nice. Food at the bar was good and served in good time. We ordered room service for dinner and it was also very nice. Enjoyed having use of the club lounge, canapés were very nice. Breakfast was good, a large selection of hot and cold food to choose from. Over all it was a pleasant stay but nothing spectacular.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank Emstems
Thank you for leaving a review of your stay. I’m pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and couldn’t fault your food or our housekeeping team. Your comments on how you were greeted have been noted down for further consideration. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2012

My wife and I booked into the Crown Plaza to attend an Andre Rieu concert at the SECC and I would like to say from the start that the Hotel was extremely comfortable, the staff were very friendly and attentive but the Hotel is an expert at how to squeeze as much money out of you in as short a space of time as possible.
I booked my £189-00 a night room many months in advance which allows the Hotel to gain a small return for being pre-paid, however, what I did not notice was that this did not include breakfast, more later.
Arriving mid afternoon and while the wife was unpacking I did a recce of the Hotel to find out what was available for a pre concert meal, a very pleasant barman advised us to get into the Bar area as quick as possible as the Restauarant was fully booked until 7-30pm, this we did and sat down at 3-30pm and selected from a very restricted menu 2 x fish and chips followed by two desserts, we were eventually served around 4-20pm with a very lack lustre plate of fish and chips which would have disappointed me if I had bought them from a local 'chippie', after asking three times we were eventually served our desserts at 5-10pm (they were very nice), so we were very glad that we took the advice of the barman as by this time the bar area was extremely busy.
Concert attended and after a very enjoyable nights sleep we arrived down for breakfast at 7-45am as we were also advised to go down early, this was also when we were advised by the breakfast waitress that breakfast was not included but we could pay £15-00 to have breakfast, oh dear, however, I was looking forward to breakfast after a not very enjoyable meal the previous day so I said that we would just have breakfast anyway despite the extra cost, it was then that the waitress said that if we went to the Reception and pay £10-00 per person then we could have the same breakfast, this I did and the wife and I had an excellent Breakfast served by very attentive staff.
Now ready to go, I settled my account only to find that I would be charged £6-00 for overnight parking, the original confirmation said £5-00 for parking or £6-00 for Valet parking, please excuse my ignorance but what is the difference?
Without doubt I would stay at the Crown Plaza again but the way they take adavantage of the demand for accomodation on the night of a concert is shocking and highlights the sometimes undeserved reputation that we have here in the UK of 'Rip off Britain'. reputaion

Room Tip: Lovely Hotel in an ideal location but make sure that you are aware of what you are getting for your...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you for reviewing you time with us. I’m pleased that you seem to have enjoyed your stay on the whole but I would like to offer my apologies for the delay to your meal especially as you were dissatisfied with it. I am very happy that you were impressed with our team members as they strive to deliver the best service possible to our guests at all times. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.