This hotel is the perfect location if you are visiting the SECC or Clyde Auditorium, particularly as there is a covered walkway to these venues, cutting down on the need to go outside in poor weather. It has good views along the river from the higher floors and the Reception and Bar areas are done in good taste. The Breakfast is fairly standard self service, though the lady who shows you to a table often talks while facing the other way and is hard to hear - it wasn't just us I saw puzzled looks from other people and heard one other similar comment.
We never ate in the Restaurant as we preferred to go out, though it seemed expensive when compared to other places we ate.
The bedroom was spacious and the bed was good, though the room could have been cleaned better - there were some bits and pieces on the floor from the previous guest and only some surfaces had been wiped free of dust.
The hotel is quite warm and the air conditioning almost non-existent in our bedroom. You could put on a very noisy fan but it wasn't easy to sleep through that.
We may use the hotel in future for convenience but some friends of ours who have used the hotel frequently in the past went to the Hilton Garden, a couple of hundred yards away and enjoyed it more and at £20 per room less per night it may be better value.
A minor grumble but it was noticeable on arrival that one person on Reception asked everyone she dealt with if they had a preference for which floor they wanted, where the other one didn't.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Crowne Plaza Glasgow. A modern and stylish hotel overlooking the River Clyde, with a covered walkway to the Scottish Exhibition & Conference Centre (SECC), Crowne Plaza Glasgow is an excellent choice for the business and leisure traveller. With 283 air conditioned contemporary bedrooms and suites, all fully equipped with Smart televisions, trouser press, hairdryer, iron and ironing board, tea/coffee making facilities and wireless internet access. The spacious Club Rooms boast Kingsized beds with stunning river views, Smart TVs and exclusive access to our Club Lounge, with complimentary refreshments to relax or hold informal meetings. The Leisure Club includes an indoor pool, equipped gym, sauna, spa and steam room. Alternatively, treat yourself to a massage or beauty treatment in Isis, our in-house Beauty Salon. There are 15 conference/functions suites, including a dedicated boardroom with plasma screen, to accommodate all types of events. Crowne Plaza Glasgow is located directly opposite the Glasgow Science Centre, the BBC and STV Headquarters and the nearby Transport Museum and Tall Ship visitor attraction. Easy access to shopping areas such as Braehead, Buchanan Galleries, St Enoch and Argyle Street make this a great leisure destination. The hotel is non-smoking throughout. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Priceline, Ebookers, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Crowne Plaza Glasgow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Glasgow Hotel Glasgow
- Glasgow Crowne Plaza
- Crowne Plaza Glasgow Scotland