Crowne Plaza Glasgow
Glasgow Marriott Hotel(Glasgow)(Great Value!)
US$226
US$348
US$292
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Jurys Inn Glasgow(Glasgow)(Great Value!)
US$167
  • Restaurant
Grand Central Hotel(Glasgow)(Great Value!)
US$193
US$164
Agoda.com
US$294
2,511 results
All reviewsthe club loungecovered walkwaycity centrebbc scotlandclyde auditoriumscience museumcar parkattending an eventsse hydroleisure facilitiesreception staffan upgradestayed here for one nightbuffet stylebreakfast was excellentan overnight staygood nights sleep
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Conveniently located, easy to get a taxi outside. Hotel is good, club lounge is far too small. Only holds about 25 people max, which for 2 floors of club rooms, doesnt take a genius to work out is too small!

Perfect example was when we were there for the Glasgow 7s there was a conference r somehing in the SECC and there mud have been 40 people in there cramped and couldnt move. Somehow got a table though!

BAr is good and staff friendly!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
QMHManager, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2013

Thank you for your review. The Club Lounge can get extremely busy at peak times however I am pleased that you managed to find a vacant table. I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your time with us and found our team members friendly. I hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 21 July 2013 via mobile

I stayed for 2 nights at this hotel. I am a rewards club member and I upgraded to an executive suite. The room was lovely with great views over the river.
This is a good location and I noticed that there is a lot of development going on, including the new hydro- centre being built close by.
The room was spotless and roomy and well worth the upgrade. My only gripe was there was no pay channels or sky sports.
The hotel itself is very good. It was really busy on Saturday night with many coach parties staying. The staff are very professional, but I can't say you get a warm greeting here. Some airline crews stay here so that is a sign it is a good business type hotel. That can mean professional but clinical. But you can't mark that as a fault.
I had a bar snack after arrival and because it was so busy I decided on room service in the evening. To be fair I was warned it would take 45 minutes, but when it did arrive, the food was good a reasonably priced.
The highlight, food wise was the breakfast. There is a huge choice on offer in the buffet selection and was of good quality. As the hotel had over a 100 people checking out that morning it was really busy at breakfast, but I managed to find a quiet spot to enjoy it.
I was really happy with my stay so far, then just a few minor problems occurred.
I returned from a long hot day out on sunday eager to get back to my room. I put the key card in and I got the dreaded red light meaning I could not gain access to my room. I really get annoyed at this. It makes you feel as welcome as a flea on a dogs back. To be fair the receptionist apologised and got me a new key-card quickly.
I then went to the restaurant. This is a really nice place to eat and was much quieter than the night before. The starter of prawns was good and the desert of bakewell cheesecake was excellent. But the main course of lamb was served in a bowl with plain carrots and mash. Served on a flat plate with glazed carrots might of been better as in a bowel it looked a bit like a dogs dinner. Then one minor thing was the bill was presented, but with no pen to sign and I had to wait 10 minutes to get the waiter to provide one.
I know these things sound petty when most of my stay was near-perfect. But these small things can make a difference between a 5/5 rating and a 4/5.
But overall I would recommend this hotel and would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank daveinkent44

Thank you for your review. I am very pleased to read that you did enjoy your stay and it was as near perfect as it could be. I have taken notes concerning your meal in our restaurant and I will discuss these with our chef as soon as possible. I’m happy you would still return to us and I hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 21 July 2013

Just read a review by someone called Zillah J,in it she (i think its a female) complains about being charged for breakfast to be brought to her bedroom (standard practice in most hotels with a buffet style breakfast as someone would have to cook to order just for her) She went down for breakfast and discovered with horror that she had to serve herself, even having to make her own toast, the poor woman !! My wife and I are booked into the hotel in August and the good thing is going by her reviews she won't be at the hotel, i couldn't bear to see her sad face at the breakfast table, she'd be easy to see as she would have a tiara on her head and the milk on her table would have turned sour. Get a life Zillah J ( i had to rate the hotel as if i'd already stayed in it to allow this comment to be posted but im sure the Crowne Plaza will do an excellant job when we do stay there)

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DJDavy
Reviewed 21 July 2013

This was our first visit to the Crowne Plaza in Glasgow and it will not be our last. The hotel is very central, the view from our room was spectacular. The hotel was very airy and bright with very helpful cheery staff. We got an excellent price when booking and it turned out to be great value for money. The breakfast was very good with lots of variety. The sun was shining and everyone happy. All in all a great weekend.

Room Tip: Our room was on the 14th floor and the views were spectacular.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review of your time with us. I am overjoyed to read that your first stay with us will not be your last as our team members, breakfast and value impressed you. I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 21 July 2013 via mobile

One night stay was enough. New carpet in room but everything else was dated and shabby. Power sockets not working, damp patch on wall, ripped wallpaper, broken toiletroll holder, peeling varnish on table and cabinets !

Stay in the city centre nd walk to SECC is needed !

• Stayed: July 2013

Thank you for your review. I am sorry to read that your room was not to the quality it should have been and I will be asking our maintenance team to investigate this as soon as possible. We are currently in the final planning stages of a major refurbishment which will include our bedrooms and therefore I hope to welcome you back soon so you can see the vast improvements we will make.