We were staying at the hotel for a music weekend which included all our meals and entertainment. It was just such a perfect venue, the sun was shining when we arrived and the hotel was just fantastic. We were warmly greeted and also bid farewell to by Catherine and Marik on reception. The two girls were excellent and just could not do enough for you, they both had striking personalaties and are a absolute assest to this hotel. As they are probaly the first members of staff you encounter on arrival, they certainly set the standard. We ate in the restaurant both nights and the setting was lovely in the dining room as was the excellent food. Breakfast was something else, it was buffet style and had something for everyone, the food was fresh and hot, can honestly say one of the best buffet breakfasts I have had. We met a local couple who live just 6 miles from the hotel and they regularly stay there to enjoy an meal in the restaurant and the breakfast in the morning ( a good sign). We noticed a lot of airline pilots and crew, this is yet another good sign for high standards. Our room was extremly comfortable and spotlessly clean, it had a small fridge, air conditioning and the beds were very comfortable, we were overlooking the river on the 6th floor, which was very pleasant. Overall for the size of this hotel it has a most friendly atmostsphere and I would not hesiate to recommend it to anyone. It is conveniently located and we got a train into Central Station for £1.30 and a taxi back for £6. Overall I would rate it 11 out of 10, special thanks to Iwona Radkowska from food and beverages department who looked after us immensely during our stay, sorry for keeping you out of bed to the wee small hours. I look forward to my next visit to this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Crowne Plaza Glasgow. A modern and stylish hotel overlooking the River Clyde, with a covered walkway to the Scottish Exhibition & Conference Centre (SECC), Crowne Plaza Glasgow is an excellent choice for the business and leisure traveller. With 283 air conditioned contemporary bedrooms and suites, all fully equipped with Smart televisions, trouser press, hairdryer, iron and ironing board, tea/coffee making facilities and wireless internet access. The spacious Club Rooms boast Kingsized beds with stunning river views, Smart TVs and exclusive access to our Club Lounge, with complimentary refreshments to relax or hold informal meetings. The Leisure Club includes an indoor pool, equipped gym, sauna, spa and steam room. Alternatively, treat yourself to a massage or beauty treatment in Isis, our in-house Beauty Salon. There are 15 conference/functions suites, including a dedicated boardroom with plasma screen, to accommodate all types of events. Crowne Plaza Glasgow is located directly opposite the Glasgow Science Centre, the BBC and STV Headquarters and the nearby Transport Museum and Tall Ship visitor attraction. Easy access to shopping areas such as Braehead, Buchanan Galleries, St Enoch and Argyle Street make this a great leisure destination. The hotel is non-smoking throughout. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Odigeo, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Crowne Plaza Glasgow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Glasgow Hotel Glasgow
- Glasgow Crowne Plaza
- Crowne Plaza Glasgow Scotland