“A Perfect Stay”

Ranked #39 of 96 Hotels in Glasgow
Larne
“A Perfect Stay”
Reviewed 24 July 2013

We were staying at the hotel for a music weekend which included all our meals and entertainment. It was just such a perfect venue, the sun was shining when we arrived and the hotel was just fantastic. We were warmly greeted and also bid farewell to by Catherine and Marik on reception. The two girls were excellent and just could not do enough for you, they both had striking personalaties and are a absolute assest to this hotel. As they are probaly the first members of staff you encounter on arrival, they certainly set the standard. We ate in the restaurant both nights and the setting was lovely in the dining room as was the excellent food. Breakfast was something else, it was buffet style and had something for everyone, the food was fresh and hot, can honestly say one of the best buffet breakfasts I have had. We met a local couple who live just 6 miles from the hotel and they regularly stay there to enjoy an meal in the restaurant and the breakfast in the morning ( a good sign). We noticed a lot of airline pilots and crew, this is yet another good sign for high standards. Our room was extremly comfortable and spotlessly clean, it had a small fridge, air conditioning and the beds were very comfortable, we were overlooking the river on the 6th floor, which was very pleasant. Overall for the size of this hotel it has a most friendly atmostsphere and I would not hesiate to recommend it to anyone. It is conveniently located and we got a train into Central Station for £1.30 and a taxi back for £6. Overall I would rate it 11 out of 10, special thanks to Iwona Radkowska from food and beverages department who looked after us immensely during our stay, sorry for keeping you out of bed to the wee small hours. I look forward to my next visit to this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank linda_14Larne
QMHManager, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Glasgow, responded to this review, 30 July 2013
Thank you for highlighting why your stay was so perfect. I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your music weekend with us and found everything to be to your liking. I will be sure to share your review with the two members of our reception team you interacted with. I’m happy you found your meals to be of a high quality with breakfast impressing you due to its selection and quality. I hope to welcome you back very soon for another relaxing break.

Dominic McVey

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (534)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
Reviewed 23 July 2013

stayed here two nights while attending an event. asked for a disabled room, and got one on the 15th. floor! handy if you had to escape and you cant use the lift? apprently there are only 2??. room was a double but not any good if it is you and a carer. room was well equiped with handrails etc and had a raised toilet which was great for me. cant complain about the food as i found no problems with it. overall a great place.

1 Thank onlyustwo
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.

We have two fully equipped accessible rooms, for which we have received some extremely positive feedback, and a further two accessible rooms with adjoining rooms for the carer. Guests with disabilities are asked to complete a form on arrival indicating the level of assistance required should an emergency arise and I am sorry if this was not explained to you at the time of booking.

I am extremely pleased to read that you enjoyed your time with us and hope to welcome you back to the hotel very soon.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 July 2013

I don't know where to start really. This hotel is amazing.

We chose to have our wedding here on the 6th July 2013 in the Castle suite.

To start we stayed at the hotel from the friday night (5th July) until the Sunday (7th July).

All the staff were amazing who helped us with our stay, planning and execution of the day itself.

Bob and Barry at the concierge were amazing at helping us with all our many bags and cases and even went out their way to get some superglue to fix my tiara on the morning of my wedding (a stone had fell out).

Then there was all the staff who helped with making sure the room was set up perfectly. (There are so many staff here to name and wouldn't want to leave anyone out).

The chef, waiters and waitresses. All also helped to make our day so perfect.

Thank you to every member of staff who helped make our day so special and perfect.

Derek and Francesca Moyes-Feeney

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Francesca0607
Dear Mr and Mrs Moyes-Feeney,

Thank you for spending the time writing a review of your wedding with us. Reading a review such as yours makes me extremely proud of everything our hotel offers our guests. I will be sharing your kind words with everyone involved in your special day and I hope very much to welcome you back soon.

Kindest regards and congratulations again to you both,

Grantham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Conveniently located, easy to get a taxi outside. Hotel is good, club lounge is far too small. Only holds about 25 people max, which for 2 floors of club rooms, doesnt take a genius to work out is too small!

Perfect example was when we were there for the Glasgow 7s there was a conference r somehing in the SECC and there mud have been 40 people in there cramped and couldnt move. Somehow got a table though!

BAr is good and staff friendly!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for your review. The Club Lounge can get extremely busy at peak times however I am pleased that you managed to find a vacant table. I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your time with us and found our team members friendly. I hope to welcome you back soon.

Ipswich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 July 2013 via mobile

I stayed for 2 nights at this hotel. I am a rewards club member and I upgraded to an executive suite. The room was lovely with great views over the river.
This is a good location and I noticed that there is a lot of development going on, including the new hydro- centre being built close by.
The room was spotless and roomy and well worth the upgrade. My only gripe was there was no pay channels or sky sports.
The hotel itself is very good. It was really busy on Saturday night with many coach parties staying. The staff are very professional, but I can't say you get a warm greeting here. Some airline crews stay here so that is a sign it is a good business type hotel. That can mean professional but clinical. But you can't mark that as a fault.
I had a bar snack after arrival and because it was so busy I decided on room service in the evening. To be fair I was warned it would take 45 minutes, but when it did arrive, the food was good a reasonably priced.
The highlight, food wise was the breakfast. There is a huge choice on offer in the buffet selection and was of good quality. As the hotel had over a 100 people checking out that morning it was really busy at breakfast, but I managed to find a quiet spot to enjoy it.
I was really happy with my stay so far, then just a few minor problems occurred.
I returned from a long hot day out on sunday eager to get back to my room. I put the key card in and I got the dreaded red light meaning I could not gain access to my room. I really get annoyed at this. It makes you feel as welcome as a flea on a dogs back. To be fair the receptionist apologised and got me a new key-card quickly.
I then went to the restaurant. This is a really nice place to eat and was much quieter than the night before. The starter of prawns was good and the desert of bakewell cheesecake was excellent. But the main course of lamb was served in a bowl with plain carrots and mash. Served on a flat plate with glazed carrots might of been better as in a bowel it looked a bit like a dogs dinner. Then one minor thing was the bill was presented, but with no pen to sign and I had to wait 10 minutes to get the waiter to provide one.
I know these things sound petty when most of my stay was near-perfect. But these small things can make a difference between a 5/5 rating and a 4/5.
But overall I would recommend this hotel and would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank daveinkent44
Thank you for your review. I am very pleased to read that you did enjoy your stay and it was as near perfect as it could be. I have taken notes concerning your meal in our restaurant and I will discuss these with our chef as soon as possible. I’m happy you would still return to us and I hope to welcome you back soon.

Belfast N. Ireland
Reviewed 21 July 2013

Just read a review by someone called Zillah J,in it she (i think its a female) complains about being charged for breakfast to be brought to her bedroom (standard practice in most hotels with a buffet style breakfast as someone would have to cook to order just for her) She went down for breakfast and discovered with horror that she had to serve herself, even having to make her own toast, the poor woman !! My wife and I are booked into the hotel in August and the good thing is going by her reviews she won't be at the hotel, i couldn't bear to see her sad face at the breakfast table, she'd be easy to see as she would have a tiara on her head and the milk on her table would have turned sour. Get a life Zillah J ( i had to rate the hotel as if i'd already stayed in it to allow this comment to be posted but im sure the Crowne Plaza will do an excellant job when we do stay there)

Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DJDavy
Fife
Reviewed 21 July 2013

This was our first visit to the Crowne Plaza in Glasgow and it will not be our last. The hotel is very central, the view from our room was spectacular. The hotel was very airy and bright with very helpful cheery staff. We got an excellent price when booking and it turned out to be great value for money. The breakfast was very good with lots of variety. The sun was shining and everyone happy. All in all a great weekend.

Room Tip: Our room was on the 14th floor and the views were spectacular.