This is a lovely hotel, situated on the Clyde. If you are going to a concert in the Armadillo, or SCC it is right next door. The new venue the Hydro is currently being built, but you are not aware of any of this once inside the hotel. The view from the room was fantastic. Looking onto the Clyde and the famous Finnieston Crane. Across the bridge is the Science Museum and Imax, and down the road is the new transport museum or the tall ship, or after dinner you could just go for a stroll across the millennium bridge. The food we ate was lovely, it was piping hot, presented well and very reasonably priced, the kids loved the "works" which is a huge burger with all the trimmings, but there is a varied menu. The rooms were really nice and comfortable , huge bed, all your tea/coffee facilities. Flat screen tv, hair dryer, plug in internet. Complimentary water in the mini bar. Complimentary toiletries (decent ones at that), if you have forgotten anything the hotel will gladly give you toothbrushes, toothpaste, brush, razor etc with compliments. There is a lovely little shop downstairs that sells all sorts of Scottish delights. If you fancy going into Glasgow city centre, you can either walk through the red tunnel bridge and get the short train ride into Central station and if you miss the train back the taxis in Glasgow are very reasonable.The hotel does get busy as a lot of sports clubs use it as a base when travelling to Glasgow so be prepared if you want to stay here for the Commonwealth Games in 2014.
A special mention has to be given to Kathleen, Kayleigh and Michelle Greg who were part of the staff at the hotel, their customer service skills were impeccable, but then every member of staff we encountered were very polite and helpful. We will be looking to go here next year if we manage to get a booking. Almost forgot to mention the spa, don't forget to bring your swim gear as you will want to use the pool, sauna. P.S The kids (and adults) will love the panoramic lift.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Crowne Plaza Glasgow. A modern and stylish hotel overlooking the River Clyde, with a covered walkway to the Scottish Exhibition & Conference Centre (SECC), Crowne Plaza Glasgow is an excellent choice for the business and leisure traveller. With 283 air conditioned contemporary bedrooms and suites, all fully equipped with Smart televisions, trouser press, hairdryer, iron and ironing board, tea/coffee making facilities and wireless internet access. The spacious Club Rooms boast Kingsized beds with stunning river views, Smart TVs and exclusive access to our Club Lounge, with complimentary refreshments to relax or hold informal meetings. The Leisure Club includes an indoor pool, equipped gym, sauna, spa and steam room. Alternatively, treat yourself to a massage or beauty treatment in Isis, our in-house Beauty Salon. There are 15 conference/functions suites, including a dedicated boardroom with plasma screen, to accommodate all types of events. Crowne Plaza Glasgow is located directly opposite the Glasgow Science Centre, the BBC and STV Headquarters and the nearby Transport Museum and Tall Ship visitor attraction. Easy access to shopping areas such as Braehead, Buchanan Galleries, St Enoch and Argyle Street make this a great leisure destination. The hotel is non-smoking throughout. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Crowne Plaza Glasgow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Glasgow Hotel Glasgow
- Glasgow Crowne Plaza
- Crowne Plaza Glasgow Scotland