“Great location, beautiful hotel”

Crowne Plaza Glasgow
Ranked #37 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed 12 August 2013

This is a lovely hotel, situated on the Clyde. If you are going to a concert in the Armadillo, or SCC it is right next door. The new venue the Hydro is currently being built, but you are not aware of any of this once inside the hotel. The view from the room was fantastic. Looking onto the Clyde and the famous Finnieston Crane. Across the bridge is the Science Museum and Imax, and down the road is the new transport museum or the tall ship, or after dinner you could just go for a stroll across the millennium bridge. The food we ate was lovely, it was piping hot, presented well and very reasonably priced, the kids loved the "works" which is a huge burger with all the trimmings, but there is a varied menu. The rooms were really nice and comfortable , huge bed, all your tea/coffee facilities. Flat screen tv, hair dryer, plug in internet. Complimentary water in the mini bar. Complimentary toiletries (decent ones at that), if you have forgotten anything the hotel will gladly give you toothbrushes, toothpaste, brush, razor etc with compliments. There is a lovely little shop downstairs that sells all sorts of Scottish delights. If you fancy going into Glasgow city centre, you can either walk through the red tunnel bridge and get the short train ride into Central station and if you miss the train back the taxis in Glasgow are very reasonable.The hotel does get busy as a lot of sports clubs use it as a base when travelling to Glasgow so be prepared if you want to stay here for the Commonwealth Games in 2014.
A special mention has to be given to Kathleen, Kayleigh and Michelle Greg who were part of the staff at the hotel, their customer service skills were impeccable, but then every member of staff we encountered were very polite and helpful. We will be looking to go here next year if we manage to get a booking. Almost forgot to mention the spa, don't forget to bring your swim gear as you will want to use the pool, sauna. P.S The kids (and adults) will love the panoramic lift.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the Clyde have a great view. We were on 11th floor which was very quiet, so if its a q...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
QMHManager, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am very pleased to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your time with us and I will make sure I share your kind words with the team members in question. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel very soon.

There are newer reviews for Crowne Plaza Glasgow

Reviewed 11 August 2013

Stayed here for one night a few months ago to attend a show in the SEC. You do not have to leave the hotel as they have a covered walkway right through to the SEC - very helpful.
Check in was fast and efficient and we were allocated a room opposite the Club Lounge - very convenient for a nice glass of chilled wine and nibbles before heading for dinner. Nice atmosphere in the lounge, which also has stunning views over the city and friendly staff on duty.
The bedroom was very comfortable with views over the river and SEC. We did take dinner in the hotel and had some problems, along with the many other diners that diners that evening, but these were resolved by the duty manager to our complete satisfaction.
Breakfast next morning was excellent, hot freshly cooked and very tasty with again very pleasant and efficient staff on duty.
A great hotel for a stopover in Glasgow or a trip to a show and I would not hesitate to return.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor as all rooms face out over the River Clyde with stunning views.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Maeboyce

Thank you for your review. I am very pleased to read that your time with us was convenient and very comfortable. I’m very pleased your meal was quickly taken care of and you enjoyed your breakfast. I hope to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed 10 August 2013

Was at a conferance there this week, found the staff to be very helpfull, food was very good for a busy hotel, not like some i have been to, the scallop starter on the buffet menu was first class, good choice of hot food on the hot table, and fresh, creme brulee for dessert well worth the the money, Glass of wine and three course meal for £25 very good value, will be back there if i am staying in Glasgow at any time

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for your review. I am very pleased to read that your enjoyed your conference with us and found your meal to be especially delicious. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel very soon.

Reviewed 8 August 2013

Spent just 2 nights here on a touring holiday. Staff so pleasant and helpful, even rang our room to check everything was fine for us. Spotlessly clean, tastefully furnished room and good bathroom Quiet location unlike some Hotels where no one cares about how loud they are or how hard they bang the doors. Ate in the Quarterdeck Bar and the food was good and reasonably priced and the service was good too. £6 to park overnight and we caught the train into Glasgow from nearby SECC station £1.90 return which was very reasonable. A very pleasant stay

Room Tip: I am sure they are all good
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Chillypenguin60

Thank you for reviewing your stay with us. I am very pleased to read that your time with us was excellent and you found our team members to be wonderful and attentive. I hope to welcome you back soon for another pleasant stay with us.

Reviewed 8 August 2013

Stayed here one night. I was upgraded to a Club Room as I tried to do a Best Price Guarantee, this wasn't accepted, so I was offered a Club Room. It was very good with access to the Club Lounge, with snacks and drinks available at different times of the day. Also breakfast was free which was plentiful and good choice. Internet access was free but unfortunately the computer wasn't working.My room had a lovely view looking out at the river. The decor in the room is a little dark, but the bathroom was good with a bath and overhead shower. Toiletries also good. Only problem I have, it is a bit out of the way. But a ten minute walk to the station where train takes you in to centre in 10 minutes. I didn't find the reception staff friendly. Usually you would be asked if your room was okay or if everything was okay, but no chat at all. I did find the concierge very helpful and friendly. I would visit again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your Club Room and found everything to your liking. I hope to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed 7 August 2013

Recently had the pleasure to stay in this fabulous hotel while down in my home town of Glasgow, and so glad we did! The hotel staff couldn't have been anymore helpful and friendly, from the moment we arrived until we left! Our beautiful double bedroom was both spotless and comfortable and we had a great view of The River Clyde which looked spectacular from the 5th floor! We ate in the restaurant and again could find no fault, both with the food -which was so beautifully displayed on the plate that I thought I was in a 'gourmet' restaurant and also the service which was 'spot on'! We were going to a show at the SECC and I thought it was a great bonus for us to walk through the hotel corridor and link to the SECC without having to go outside!
I would certainly not hesitate to stay here again when next down in my beautiful Glasgow.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
QMHManager, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your time with us. I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your first stay with us and found our team members to be wonderfully friendly and helpful. I’m glad your room was to a high standard and you found the view from your room to be spectacular. I’m overjoyed you enjoyed your meals in our restaurant so much, I will share your review with our chef, I’m sure he’d love to read your kind words. I hope to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed 4 August 2013

Stayed one night in July. Great views from the window and a very comfortable room. The staff were all very friendly and helpful; service was prompt and efficient. There was a wedding the night I stayed and I wasn't disturbed by it at all. Breakfast was an amazing buffet selection and, although travelling on my own, I was seated discretely and well looked after. Very professional and business like. Would recommend.

Room Tip: I had a great room looking west down the Clyde and straight into the sunset. Stunning!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us. I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your break with us and found that though there was a wedding you were not disturbed by it at all. I’m pleased your breakfast was delicious and I’m happy you were well looked after by our team members. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel very soon.