“What a treat!”

Crowne Plaza Glasgow
Ranked #36 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed 19 August 2013

Just spent a wonderful weekend here with my friends, who were visiting from USA. We were mostly impressed with how friendly and helpful the staff were - nothing was a problem. The hotel rooms were lovely, and the location absolutely superb.
We all ate a little more than we'd planned, but the food was just terrific. On Sunday we enjoyed the most amazing buffet, and had the best roast dinner of all time!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
QMHManager, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2013

Thank you for your review of your time with us. I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and found everything to your liking from our food to your rooms. I hope to welcome you back very soon for another stay.

Dominic McVey

Write a ReviewReviews (2,423)

Reviewed 18 August 2013

Nothing special,staff o.k. Breakfast average, service as expected in large hotel ,can't actually fault it but with a little effort,could be much better,
Also out of town so add taxi fares to your bill ,

Room Tip: Make sure they are listening when booking taxi,we had to ask 3 times
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. I am pleased to read you can’t fault our hotel and found your stay comfortable. I hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 17 August 2013

During my working life I have stayed in many hotels and I found your breakfast menu and buffet the best ever

The bedroom was very comfortable and a good size, with a nice view up the river. The staff were all very pleasant.

There was no hair drier and no conditioner, even with assistance from the duty manager, and my wife has long hair! So I had to go and buy a bottle as she had already washed her hair

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for reviewing your time with us. I am very pleased to read that your enjoyed your stay and found our meals to be of high standard and great choice. I am sorry to read of your wife’s issue with lack of hair dryer and conditioner – I will mention this to our housekeeping team to ensure some is always on hand. I hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 15 August 2013

The hotel's location is phenomenal. However, paying for WiFi as a tourist who relies on my phone both to call home and download maps while here makes it a HUGE inconvenience. After having WiFi during my recent stay and London and being without it now, I really do feel it. I understand that rewards members can get a voucher, but this is a service ALL traveling guests should be afforded. I have a few more days here and hope this missing service doesn't spoil my ability to navigate the city and stay in touch with home.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank TCallahan10

Thank you for your review. I am sorry to read that you continue to have problems with our WiFi service. As you have stated it is currently only free for Gold and Elite members of our IHG Rewards Club but we are hoping to roll it out to all guests in the future. I hope you enjoyed the rest of your stay with us while exploring Glasgow.

Reviewed 15 August 2013

A warm and nice welcome and a great reception. My wife and I spent our wedding night there and we absolutely loved it.

The food is amazing, very fresh and delicate.

The view from the room is extravaganza! You can see the beautiful Clyde river and all those monuments around it.

The gym was fine as well, not the biggest swimming pool but good enough to relax.

You can't go wrong with the Plaza.

Room Tip: Ask for a view on the river bank.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am extremely pleased to read that you both enjoyed everything about your stay with us on the night of your wedding. I hope to welcome you back soon and belated congratulations to you both.

Reviewed 14 August 2013

The Crowne Plaza sits on the River Clyde about a mile west of downtown. It's a big gleaming building which from a distance looks like it is entirely made of glass. Modern it may look from the outside, but internally the hotel probably hasn't changed much since it opened in the late 80s or early 90s and could do with a refresh.

My bedroom could certainly do with a bit of updating: stripey wood is a bit last century. The same goes for the bathroom with its elderly brown walls. Oh, and the toilet paper was noticeably cheap in quality. However, the bed was so so comfortable, perhaps the best of any hotel I've reviewed on Tripadvisor. The aircon wasn't too bad but it was quite noisy and I had to run it all night long to keep the room cool. Surprisingly the room lacked a safe. As a frequent traveller I would expect a safe in the same way as I'd expect a flatscreen TV.

The swimming and spa facilities were ageing but still useful and clean, although they lacked a place to recline and relax.

Food and service were a bit hit and miss. Breakfast time can be busy due to all the tour groups and the service on one of the mornings wasn't that great. Conversely, service was much better on one of the busy evenings and the food was good too. The other, quieter, evening I ate there the service was really slow and the food not that great. In the evening a buffet is offered along with a la carte options but the buffet food didn't look too great sitting out.

Overall not a bad hotel and a handy place to stay if you have a car and plan to be out of the city. But there is room for improvement.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
QMHManager, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2013

Thank you for reviewing our hotel. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and we provided the comfiest bed you have experienced in any hotel. I have taken notes concerning some of the issues you raised during your review and I hope to discuss these with my team soon. I look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 14 August 2013

first of all i would like to thank all staff at the Crown Plaza for a wonderful stay.
we booked our stay with E-bookers online.
heard very good reviews. On arrival there was a Delay on checking in.
we were very professionally looked after by a young receptionist DONALD.
he was very apologetic about the delay and courteous.( an asset to crown plaza)
we were upgraded to an executive room and the use of the executive lounge and free breakfast vouchers were presented to us.
we did not use the vouchers or the executive lounge but it was a nice thought.
we requested room service at midnight and could not fault the service and food.
also we requested a late checkout which wasn't a problem.
car parking facilities were perfect.
thank for making our stay perfect.
we defiantly will be back.

Room Tip: request a room with a view of on to the clyde
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank exalted12

Thank you for your review. I am very pleased to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your time with us and found our team members to be exceptional throughout your stay. I will share your review with everyone so they can see how much you appreciated their hard work. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel very soon.