“Would go again”

Ranked #38 of 95 Hotels in Glasgow
Cei Connah
“Would go again”
Reviewed 15 October 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Nice hotel, ok location, helpful staff, what more do you need on a business trip? O yes a free bar for those who are Gold rewards or above, brilliant! Although i didnt eat in the hotel there was a nice Chinese just down the road.
Good access for the city centre and easy enough to leave the city without hitting the major traffic.

Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank OnAPlaneTo
QMHManager, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Glasgow, responded to this review, 17 October 2013
Thank you for your thoughts on your stay. I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your time with us and found everything to your liking. I hope to welcome you back very soon.

Dominic McVey

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (540)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Check in procedure went fast. Upon arrival in my room while taking I shower I discovered that the showerhead was damaged and could not be adjusted anymore. Ofcourse this can happen however, I do believe this is something that should have been seen by the housekeeping department while the room was cleaned. In my room I discovered a few more irregularities regarding cleaning and maintenance. First of all the airconditioning was making as much sound as a hairdryer. I found this quite disturbing. On the side of the TV cabinet I found an unknown dried stain and in the bathroom black dirt residue in each corner. I could only conclude that both cleaning and maintenance had not been done properly in my room for some time. Odd enough there was a card in my room with a written text saying "small things make a big difference". I can't agree more with that! I skipped breakfast as there was a long line of guests waiting for a table the next morning.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank DTH70
I am very sorry to read that you found your stay with us to be disappointing. I will be sure to share your review with our housekeeping and maintenance teams to ensure that another guest does not leave feeling the same way. I hope you accept my apologies and return to us in the future so we can demonstrate the high standards we uphold.

portsmouth
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Have stayed at the Crown Plaza on about half a dozen occasions whilst in Glasgow along with other assorted establishments and must say the Crown wins hands down for overall service and comfort. The staff have always been very helpful and friendly, any queries are swiftly dealt with and have never had cause to challenge anything. The rooms are very well appointed, bed very comfy and pillows just how I like them, bathroom is adequate too. the rooms have always been spotless and if you're high up you'll get a great view across the city. Breakfast is excellent, wide choice available in a comfortable setting. Very handy for the SECC or the Hydro and consequently always very busy, but this has never affected the service I have received. In summary an excellent Hotel and with very reasonable rates.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank GrahameHportsmouth
Thank you for your feedback. I am very pleased to read that we continue to be your hotel of choice whenever you visit Glasgow. I’m delighted that everything in our hotel remains just to your liking and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Scotland
Reviewed 14 October 2013

From the check-in experience after a long flight, the unkept appearance of one of the reception team, gossiping about her personal conquests, was completely unprofessional. The receptionist who checked us in looked almost bemused when she'd seen we'd opted for a double room.

The facilities are tired. The red carpet leading throughout the hotel is anything but regal. The lack of air within the room, combined with the aged air-conditioning system, led to poor ventilation and a disturbed sleep. I now know why they provide you with sleep remedy in the drawer . . .

The poorly lit bedroom made it difficult to do anything productive after 6.30pm - not what you're looking for when you've a night ahead planned, and your 'readying ritual' is spoiled. When phoning the reception to get the light fixed, the response was less than speedy, non-existent.

At check-out, overhearing the qualms of other guests assured me that my gut instinct of this hotel was definitely correct - a run down establishment, surviving only with the reputation of the name - 'Crown Plaza'.

If you're going to a concert, great location, otherwise - check yourself into somewhere with at least an ounce of decadence.

A few redeeming features:
- Close to SECC and Hydro
- Bar area has chic lighting
- Bathroom clean

Room Tip: Book the 'Quiet Zone' in advance if you want minimal disturbance.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
I am very disappointed to read that you did not enjoy your time with us and found that there was little you enjoyed about your stay. I have taken extensive notes from your comments and I will be sure to share them with our team members as soon as possible. I hope in the future you return to witness the improvements we have made.

Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Ideally located for SECC and the new arena, and only a five minute walk to the train station for a five minute journey to the city centre. Generally well maintained with good rooms and an excellent morning breakfast (bit greasy but that's Glasgow). Only minor gripe was it took three handyman visits to get a working remote control for the tv!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback. I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed everything about your stay and I hope to welcome you back soon.

glasgow
Reviewed 13 October 2013

stayed here on 12/10/13 after proclaimers gig at sse hydro....
ample car parking to rear of hotel £6 overnight
nice welcome quick check in .
good size room , quality bed and bedding . view doon the clyde . little or no noise heard from other rooms .
bar a bit pricey , £7 for a large wine . £4 for a murphys
breakfast 10/10 good variety of fruit , cereals , excellent choice for hot breakfast , haggis was top notch . all in all very impressed with our stay as it was booked for us as a gift .
only thing is the windows badly need a clean , window in room was filthy outside with cobwebs and streaks on window , windows downstairs at bar / restaurant really need a clean , easily fixed

Room Tip: king room , 4th floor
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your review. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and found everything to your liking. I will be sure to share your comments concerning the windows with our housekeeping team. I hope to welcome you back in the future.

South East England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 October 2013 via mobile

This large business hotel definitely needs some refurbishment in its public areas. The changing rooms in the spa are very tired and smelt strongly of drains on my visit. The corridors upstairs have scratched paint and shabby wallpaper. The first floor public areas outside the meeting rooms are freezing, as there is a continual draft from the exterior doors that blows through onto the first floor balcony area where coffee is served. Having said that, the bedroom itself looked newly decorated and was comfortable and had a nice riverside view, although (major downside) noise insulation was non-existent and you heard every word spoken in the corridor or neighbouring rooms. Not good. The breakfast was excellent, as was service at breakfast. Service elsewhere was mostly good, although it took a while for the reception staff to stop talking amongst themselves and check me in. In summary, this hotel was OK for a brief business stay. Location may be an issue for some people - it is great of you have a meeting at the hotel itself or are going to the nearby exhibition centre, but there are no shops or restaurants nearby and the city centre is a taxi ride away.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review your time with us. I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and found your rooms to be to your liking. I have taken extensive notes from your review and I hope to make improvements. I hope to welcome you back soon.