I suppose we've been coming to and using this hotel for the best part of 30 years. The rooms have, on occasion, looked slightly weather-worn and have that 'lived in' feeling. However, the last two times we have been allocated the same room on the tenth floor looking down the Clyde to the Transport Museum and beyond and it has been terrific both times.
Room 1014 is a family room with two king-sized beds and more pillows than you could ever need. In-room facilities are above average including tea, coffee and hot chocolate and some biccies - what's not to love? We had a couple of laptops and phones and finding a plug was a bit of a job as the 'tower' on the desk was past its best and we couldn't get it to rise to expose the extra sockets we needed. Bathroom was well-stocked.
Breakfast was, as before, terrific. Veggie sausages AND veggie haggis as well as yummy tattie scones, hash browns, perfect eggs and quality baked beans. Coffee was the usual vile hotel offering (one day all hotels will serve proper coffee and will, miraculously, find customer satisfaction with their breakfast experience go through the roof!) The serving staff were lovely.
Negatives are: having to pay for parking and the brown water served with breakfast.
Cost: £111. You could get a better deal than this in the town at Grasshoppers or similar, but the convenience of being so close to the venues was, for us at least, worth it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Crowne Plaza Glasgow. A modern and stylish hotel overlooking the River Clyde, with a covered walkway to the Scottish Exhibition & Conference Centre (SECC), Crowne Plaza Glasgow is an excellent choice for the business and leisure traveller. With 283 air conditioned contemporary bedrooms and suites, all fully equipped with Smart televisions, trouser press, hairdryer, iron and ironing board, tea/coffee making facilities and wireless internet access. The spacious Club Rooms boast Kingsized beds with stunning river views, Smart TVs and exclusive access to our Club Lounge, with complimentary refreshments to relax or hold informal meetings. The Leisure Club includes an indoor pool, equipped gym, sauna, spa and steam room. Alternatively, treat yourself to a massage or beauty treatment in Isis, our in-house Beauty Salon. There are 15 conference/functions suites, including a dedicated boardroom with plasma screen, to accommodate all types of events. Crowne Plaza Glasgow is located directly opposite the Glasgow Science Centre, the BBC and STV Headquarters and the nearby Transport Museum and Tall Ship visitor attraction. Easy access to shopping areas such as Braehead, Buchanan Galleries, St Enoch and Argyle Street make this a great leisure destination. The hotel is non-smoking throughout. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Priceline, Odigeo, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Agoda, Ebookers, Hotel.de and HRS so you can book your Crowne Plaza Glasgow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Glasgow Hotel Glasgow
- Glasgow Crowne Plaza
- Crowne Plaza Glasgow Scotland