We booked the Crowne Plaza because of its proximity to the new SSE Hydro and it was indeed only a short walk to the venue to see Andre Rieu and the JSO. It transpired that most of the orchestra were also booked into the hotel and we had the pleasure of meeting some of them at breakfast. The breakfast was the best we have ever had in such a large hotel, vast selection and all freshly prepared and piping hot + a full pot of coffee or tea each. Room had everything we needed but I did not like the décor much and it was very warm, perhaps due to an unseasonably mild night for December.
Only slight downside was that while it was confirmed at check in that we had booked bed + breakfast, when we arrived at the restaurant we were told we were not on the list, although after some discussion behind the scenes we were shown to a table. Then when we went to check out we discovered that we had been charged extra for 2x breakfasts. Queried this and again after a consultation it was removed from the bill. Also a little miffed to be charged £6 to park in the hotels car-park, but I understand this is becoming a common practice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Crowne Plaza Glasgow. A modern and stylish hotel overlooking the River Clyde, with a covered walkway to the Scottish Exhibition & Conference Centre (SECC), Crowne Plaza Glasgow is an excellent choice for the business and leisure traveller. With 283 air conditioned contemporary bedrooms and suites, all fully equipped with Smart televisions, trouser press, hairdryer, iron and ironing board, tea/coffee making facilities and wireless internet access. The spacious Club Rooms boast Kingsized beds with stunning river views, Smart TVs and exclusive access to our Club Lounge, with complimentary refreshments to relax or hold informal meetings. The Leisure Club includes an indoor pool, equipped gym, sauna, spa and steam room. Alternatively, treat yourself to a massage or beauty treatment in Isis, our in-house Beauty Salon. There are 15 conference/functions suites, including a dedicated boardroom with plasma screen, to accommodate all types of events. Crowne Plaza Glasgow is located directly opposite the Glasgow Science Centre, the BBC and STV Headquarters and the nearby Transport Museum and Tall Ship visitor attraction. Easy access to shopping areas such as Braehead, Buchanan Galleries, St Enoch and Argyle Street make this a great leisure destination. The hotel is non-smoking throughout. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Crowne Plaza Glasgow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Glasgow Hotel Glasgow
- Glasgow Crowne Plaza
- Crowne Plaza Glasgow Scotland