Crowne Plaza Glasgow
Smiths Hotel(Glasgow)
  • Free Internet
Argyll Hotel(Glasgow)
2,493 results
All reviewsthe club loungecovered walkwaycity centrebbc scotlandclyde auditoriumscience museumcar parkattending an eventsse hydroleisure facilitiesreception staffan upgradestayed here for one nightbuffet stylebreakfast was excellentan overnight staygood nights sleep
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 January 2014

Easy to find after a long drive, we were welcomed at reception and dealt with quickly and professionally. Our room on the fourth floor was of a very good standard, with probably the biggest bed I have ever seen. We were there for a Christmas party which was fantastic with a wonderful atmosphere. The only grumble I had was the bar prices, which at £17.30 for two large vodka and cokes was rather pricey. A good self service breakfast in the morning was just what was needed to set us up for the long journey home again. I do hope the party will be held here again this year.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank trapper22
QMHManager, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2014

Thank you for the review of your stay. I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your time with us and found everything to your liking from your room to the event you attended. I hope to welcome you back for another wonderful break soon.

Reviewed 5 January 2014

We booked this hotel for a romantic getaway through the festive period, expecting an at least higher than average service given the 4 star rating of the hotel. However, upon arrival we were called over by the receptionist who struggled to look up from the envelopes she was sealing while she spoke to us. When we enquired about booking a table for dinner that evening, we were told there was no need to reserve a table as the hotel was not full and that the £29.99 two course meal deal (which was advertised throughout the hotel) was still available.

When we attended for dinner we were finally acknowledged by a less than interested waiter who told us to 'help ourselves to the hot buffet'. We explained that we actually wanted to order from the a la carte menu (£29.99 deal) and he replied that was all there was and offered no apology or explanation. The food in the buffet looked like left overs from Christmas day and not what we wanted for our romantic meal. The waiter finally offered us the bar menu which we were forced to order from given that we had cancelled our original reservation which was booked in a restaurant in the city centre. On taking the order the waiter needed prompting to offer us a drink. Feeling very disgruntled we finally called the restaurant manager over and explained the situation to her. Blame was directed at the reception staff who she said had been instructed to inform guests of the change in menu and gave us a half hearted apology.

After eating our 'pub grub' we retired to the bar area for some refreshments where my pint of beer was half poured left to settle and then forgotten about by the barman who had then proceeded to serve other customers. This led to a complaints form being completed and handed to reception staff upon check out.

We are STILL waiting on a response from the hotel manager.

Stayed in many 4 and 5 star hotels and expected more from staff who seemed to show little interest. Would NOT stay here again or recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sicann

Thank you for your review. I am extremely sorry to read that your time with us was not to the standard we strive to achieve for our guests. I will be sure to chase up your complaints form but in the meantime if you would like to discuss your stay with me personally, please do not hesitate to email gm.cpglasgow@qmh-hotels.com quoting your name, room number, and date of stay. I hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed 2 January 2014

For the money, I was expecting a high quality hotel. After queuing to check-in whilst staff stood nearby and looked on, the room appeared acceptable. However with time, it was apparent how tired it was around the edges with marks on the walls and carpets, last night's partially completed feedback form left on the table and a kiddy-proof iron with a bungy cord making its use a faff. Later in the evening, I asked for some information from a member of staff. When he arrived, he was clearly on his way for a fag break as his cigarette and lighter were in hand - Not professional!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ian J

Thank you for reviewing your stay. I am sorry to read that there was aspects of your time with us that were not up to the high standards we continually strive to achieve. I will be sure to discuss your review with our team members to ensure that this quality of stay does not happen again.

Reviewed 1 January 2014

We had an overnight stay in this hotel enabling us to stay as a family, whilst visiting the Pantomime - Dick McWhittington at the Clyde Auditorium and additionally, celebrating a birthday.
Apart from the atrocious weather on the 27th. upon arrival, we all thoroughly enjoyed our experience at the Crowne Plaza.
The hotel is situated on the same site as the SECC and The Hydro, facing the BBC Scotland Building, across the river and is convenient for the Clyde Auditorium, next door.
Upon arrival, we were checked in with a smile by very efficient, professional & friendly staff, we were then totally surprised to be directed to our suite, in fact 3 suites, paid for by our son, 1 for each family group, in order that we could celebrate my birthday with a touch of class.
Our clean, exceptionally well equipped rooms, each with both a lounge and a bedroom with King size comfy bed, were on separate floors and had key card access to the Club Lounge on the 15th floor, with all the associated perks. We had dinner in the hotel and a fantastic breakfast the next morning.
Train into Glasgow Central Station took us to the shops in 3 minutes, our shopaholics had a fantastic time and some of us just had to put up with it.
We agree that we would recommend this hotel for trips to Glasgow, shopping, entertainment and visiting the Scottish Exhibition Complex.

Room Tip: Request High floor with riverside view.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review your time with us. I am very pleased to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your time with us and found everything to your liking during your stay. I hope to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed 31 December 2013 via mobile

Have to visit the panto in the Clyde Auditorium each year to see clients - which usually involves an afternoon flight, check in, drinks, show, dinner, breakfast and flight the next morning. Check in is always easy and polite, rooms well appointed (I was even given one next to the lift shaft this year and obviously had concerns about noise, but thankfully didn't hear a thing) and fairly modern - always clean. Drinks at the bar are always a delight overlooking the water outside - I asked for a dirty vodka martini and received the reply 'we don't do them, but if you tell me what's in it I'll make it for you!' - now you can't beat that level of service! Even asked for recommendations for dinner at the bar and was given some fabulous options without being steered towards the hotel restaurant. Always a delight to return here.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Jimmy J
QMHManager, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2014

Thank you for your wonderful review of your time with us. I am very pleased to read that as a returning customer you continue to thoroughly enjoy your time with us. I’m delighted that everything was excellent during your time and you found everything to your liking. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.