“Business friendly hotel”

Ranked #40 of 95 Hotels in Glasgow
Chester, United Kingdom
“Business friendly hotel”
Reviewed 15 January 2014

The hotel is undergoing major refurbishment so currently there is no bar/restaurant. For the money it was a good choice for a business trip; I was upgraded to a Club room which was nice but as a previous reviewer stated the Club lounge is too small for the number of people that use it. Rooms a a little shabby but very comfortable. Staff (particularly check in) were excellent.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
QMHManager, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Glasgow, responded to this review, 16 January 2014
Thank you for your review of your recent stay. I am very pleased to read that although we are undergoing refurbishment your stay was not impaired and you thoroughly enjoyed your time with us however I am sorry that you did not make use of the alternative bar and restaurant facilities. I am delighted that you found our team members to be excellent and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Dominic McVey

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (539)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
Beith, Ayrshire
Reviewed 13 January 2014

We had our couples 'Christmas' night away here. We had a suite, paid for with IHG points, and it was very comfortable. The executive lounge was good but very busy, too small for the number of rooms it had to service. Breakfast was supposed to be in exec lounge but this was not available as it was the festive period so we were given vouchers for a full breakfast in the restaurant. An enjoyable night away.

1 Thank mosouthbarr
QMHManager, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Glasgow, responded to this review, 14 January 2014
Thank you for reviewing your stay. I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your time with us at Christmas and found everything to your liking. I hope to welcome you back very soon.

Crieff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 January 2014

just back from an overnight stay in the CP and we had the most relaxing and lovely stay, from check-in to check out you are made to feel special regardless of what 'deal' you might be on. We booked on a mystery hotel deal on a room only basis and ended up having dinner, wine , drinks and breakfast mainly because the level of customer service was so high. I should say that both my husband and myself have worked and stayed in various hotels both independent and chains and can truly say this was one of the best, we had a small issue with one of the chairs in our room which was dealt with within half an hour it had been removed and replaced. A special mention should go to Cindy in the restaurant who made our stay feel special with the level of customer service, as a result we will be saving up for our next wee treat :)

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank racquelabel
Thank you for your wonderful review. I am extremely pleased to read that everything about your stay was thoroughly enjoyable and you found our team members to be highly trained and professional. I hope to welcome you back very soon.

Rugby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 January 2014

Booked 2 nights here as wanted to do Christmas shopping in Glasgow. Got a taxi from the airport and was less than 20 mins to the hotel.

I have Platinum IHG Rewards membership so was upgraded to a suite with a stunning view over the Clyde. Also had access to the Club Lounge which was great to relax in.

Room was excellent with so much space and wonderful beds. Loved having a separate room as part of the suite where we could watch TV.

Location wise, it is next to the Hydro and near Skypark. BBC Scotland is opposite (across the river). It is a 20 minute walk to the centre of Glasgow but less than £10 in a taxi.

We ate in the Hard Rock Café on the first night and the Rotunda (next to the hotel) on the 2nd.

Breakfast was wonderful and staff were excellent throughout.

One little niggle (and would be so wrong to take a star away for this). Hotel is very tall and can be seen for miles. Why isn't the sign on top of the hotel lit up?

Couldn't fault it.

1 Thank GA1504
Thank you for reviewing your time with us. I am delighted to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your time with us and found everything to your liking. Unfortunately we did have a problem with our high level signs however I’m pleased to say that this has now been rectified. I hope to welcome you back very soon.

John O'Groats, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 January 2014

I had to stay overnight in Glasgow and, not wanting to bother my in-laws, checked into this hotel for a night.

So, the hotel has a wonderful vista overlooking the Clyde. The rooms are tired but comfortable. The usual CP toiletries are there. Room service is good. Internet is fast enough. All in all a nice hotel.

Then I went for breakfast.

Wonderful.

Not just a lot of food, but the quality of the meat was superb. Lorne sausage, bacon, black pudding, links - all the normal stuff. And haggis! I've never ever had haggis for breakfast and I certainly wasn't starting this trip, but, if you're not from Scotland, and want to experience haggis - why not?

So, next time we're staying with our in-laws, I might just book a night in the CP - go to a show, or a meal in town then experience the breakfast.

The strange thing is, as I travel a lot, I rarely have more than 2 eggs for breakfast. But this time - I was stuffed.

Room Tip: River view
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review you time with us. I am very pleased to read that your time with us was excellent and you enjoyed everything about it, especially the quality of our breakfasts. I hope to welcome you back very soon.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 January 2014

Easy to find after a long drive, we were welcomed at reception and dealt with quickly and professionally. Our room on the fourth floor was of a very good standard, with probably the biggest bed I have ever seen. We were there for a Christmas party which was fantastic with a wonderful atmosphere. The only grumble I had was the bar prices, which at £17.30 for two large vodka and cokes was rather pricey. A good self service breakfast in the morning was just what was needed to set us up for the long journey home again. I do hope the party will be held here again this year.

1 Thank trapper22
Thank you for the review of your stay. I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your time with us and found everything to your liking from your room to the event you attended. I hope to welcome you back for another wonderful break soon.

Reviewed 5 January 2014

We booked this hotel for a romantic getaway through the festive period, expecting an at least higher than average service given the 4 star rating of the hotel. However, upon arrival we were called over by the receptionist who struggled to look up from the envelopes she was sealing while she spoke to us. When we enquired about booking a table for dinner that evening, we were told there was no need to reserve a table as the hotel was not full and that the £29.99 two course meal deal (which was advertised throughout the hotel) was still available.

When we attended for dinner we were finally acknowledged by a less than interested waiter who told us to 'help ourselves to the hot buffet'. We explained that we actually wanted to order from the a la carte menu (£29.99 deal) and he replied that was all there was and offered no apology or explanation. The food in the buffet looked like left overs from Christmas day and not what we wanted for our romantic meal. The waiter finally offered us the bar menu which we were forced to order from given that we had cancelled our original reservation which was booked in a restaurant in the city centre. On taking the order the waiter needed prompting to offer us a drink. Feeling very disgruntled we finally called the restaurant manager over and explained the situation to her. Blame was directed at the reception staff who she said had been instructed to inform guests of the change in menu and gave us a half hearted apology.

After eating our 'pub grub' we retired to the bar area for some refreshments where my pint of beer was half poured left to settle and then forgotten about by the barman who had then proceeded to serve other customers. This led to a complaints form being completed and handed to reception staff upon check out.

We are STILL waiting on a response from the hotel manager.

Stayed in many 4 and 5 star hotels and expected more from staff who seemed to show little interest. Would NOT stay here again or recommend this hotel to others.

1 Thank Sicann
Thank you for your review. I am extremely sorry to read that your time with us was not to the standard we strive to achieve for our guests. I will be sure to chase up your complaints form but in the meantime if you would like to discuss your stay with me personally, please do not hesitate to email gm.cpglasgow@qmh-hotels.com quoting your name, room number, and date of stay. I hope to hear from you soon.