This is one of the most comfortable and quite hotels I have stayed during my time in Glasgow.
The staff are friendly, pilot and professional, although I did have to ask twice for a jug of water with my evening meal.
The Hotel is located around a mile west of Glasgow Central Station along the North river bank. however a train from this station calls at Exhibition Centre and around a 10 to 15 minute walk from here through an elevated sheltered tunnel.
There is a very large car park.
I did not use the bar area so cannot comment.
The rooms are very modern and up to date, There is a mini bar service available on request at various priced options. The hotel restaurant is very good with a wide range of food on the menu, including a hot buffet option.
The hotel is an ideal base for visiting and exploring Glasgow and the River Clyde.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Crowne Plaza Glasgow. A modern and stylish hotel overlooking the River Clyde, with a covered walkway to the Scottish Exhibition & Conference Centre (SECC), Crowne Plaza Glasgow is an excellent choice for the business and leisure traveller. With 283 air conditioned contemporary bedrooms and suites, all fully equipped with Smart televisions, trouser press, hairdryer, iron and ironing board, tea/coffee making facilities and wireless internet access. The spacious Club Rooms boast Kingsized beds with stunning river views, Smart TVs and exclusive access to our Club Lounge, with complimentary refreshments to relax or hold informal meetings. The Leisure Club includes an indoor pool, equipped gym, sauna, spa and steam room. Alternatively, treat yourself to a massage or beauty treatment in Isis, our in-house Beauty Salon. There are 15 conference/functions suites, including a dedicated boardroom with plasma screen, to accommodate all types of events. Crowne Plaza Glasgow is located directly opposite the Glasgow Science Centre, the BBC and STV Headquarters and the nearby Transport Museum and Tall Ship visitor attraction. Easy access to shopping areas such as Braehead, Buchanan Galleries, St Enoch and Argyle Street make this a great leisure destination. The hotel is non-smoking throughout. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, IHG, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Crowne Plaza Glasgow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Glasgow Hotel Glasgow
- Glasgow Crowne Plaza
- Crowne Plaza Glasgow Scotland