“Conference Trip”

Ranked #39 of 95 Hotels in Glasgow
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Conference Trip”
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Visited this hotel for two nights to attend a housing conference. Initial impression was one of class & professionalism, guiding us on the driving approach onwards. Every member of staff identified themselves and were helpful in any capacity. The room itself was a twin en-suite which was a nice size & designed to look luxurious with leather upholstery & headboards on well-sprung beds, marble sink area and all the nice little touches one expects from a hotel of this class. The conference itself was overseen by just as attentive staff as I had met before. Dining was a pleasure which I wished to have more time to test the variety, although being a breakfast lover, I did my best from a great selection. I had very little available free time over the weekend to try the other facilities, although would do so on any return visit.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank wil t
QMHManager, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Glasgow, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
Thank you for your wonderful review. I’m delighted to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your time with us and found our hotel to be excellent in all aspects. I hope to welcome you back soon for another lovely stay.

Dominic McVey

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (539)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
Durham
Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed on business twice recently once in oct 13 when the room and breakfast were good The evening meal was a let down as there was one waiter running round trying to keep things together and the remaining staff seeming not bothered We sat for a while and no service was forthcoming for the starter so we just got on and went to the buffet for our main course. On my 2nd stay we went out to eat to avoid a re-occurrence. Staff friendly and always helpful Would go back

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your feedback. I am very pleased to read that you found both your stays to be good and found your room comfortable and our team members to be friendly and professional. I apologise for the poor level of service you encountered in the restaurant and I will discuss this with the Restaurant Manager. I hope to welcome you back soon.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 February 2014

First time at Crowne Plaza as was attending an event which was very well organised and all staff i encountered were helpful and polite. Good deal with parking if attending this event, don't know if this a regular offer ? Our twin room on the 2nd floor still had a view over the River Clyde, room in itself was fine with comfy beds and stylish decor. Few points could have been better or more well maintained.Bathroom walls have been covered in a fabric type paper and is covered in marks in several places,1 of the lights above sink kept flickering on and off which was off putting when trying to use smaller magnified mirror and shower screen is not adequate as shower totally soaked floor and some clothing which was hanging on back of door due to being too long to hang in wardrobe. Plug sockets in room that were supposed to lift up out of dressing table would not stay upright ! Could have had better quality biscuits in room from being custard creams .Food at function was pleasant enough but only had 1 choice so hard to judge. Breakfast had lots of choice which was replenished quickly. Swimming Pool small but nice and warm with jacuzzi being very hot, nice large fluffy towels.Lifts seem to take forever even though they have 3 ? Signs on way in from car park walkway explaining an upgrade is still being carried out but Hotel Foyer / bar & Restaurant are all smart and stylish. Not too far from city centre and if you don't want to drive there is a bus service but bus stops outside SECC & Hydro give no info of times or where they go. We ended up on bus for 20 minutes to return back to where we got on before going into town, train station bit further to walk to but taxi back to Hotel from City Centre cost just over £6. I would say room was not worth much more than £40 pp rate we were quoted for being part of a large function being held at hotel: Good if going to any of SECC
Hydro or Armadillo but i'm sure if an event or concert on then prices would increase.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Sootyghirl
Thank you for reviewing your stay. I’m pleased to read you found our facilities and restaurant to be excellent. I am sorry to read that your room was disappointing and I will be sure to discuss your review with our housekeeping and maintenance teams to discuss what we can do about some of the issues you found. I hope to welcome you back in the future.

Billingshurst, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 February 2014

My room in this hotel was not bad, it was generally clean, comfortable and in good order. It had a big TV, a desk area, a chair and a large comfortable bed with lots of pillows....plus a load of cushions which were a bit redundant.

There were however stains on the carpet and walls in the bathroom, if the other rooms are like this then I would say that a general rooms refurbishment is called for.

The reception/lobby/bar/restaurant areas have been recently refurbished and and refurbished very well, the bar area looks great and has a great atmosphere. I ate there for dinner and had a few drinks and really enjoyed it.

Staff were friendly and efficient. Breakfast was about average for these type of hotels,a good selection and was good quality but nothing to put it in the top 5 breakfasts i've ever had.

The location is good for the attractions etc in Pacific Quay......I was working at BBC Scotland so it was an ideal place to stay for me.

A big downside for me was no free wifi....as an IHG rewards club memeber I got 1 hour of free wifi which worked in a fairly basic sense.....but many hotels provide wifi for free nowadays while this Crowne Plaza charges £15 for a day or a whopping £5 for an hour.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank TheCorm
Thank you for taking the time to review your time with us. I am very pleased to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your time with us and found everything to your liking. I have taken your comments on board and I will be sure to discuss your thoughts with our housekeeping team.We are however in the final planning stage of bedroom refurbishment works which will address the issues you have raised I hope to welcome you back soon.

Witney, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 February 2014

With its new sharp upto date foyer restaruant and bar area with better than average background music over a bose system, this Crown Plaza is very comfortable. The fantastic views from the vanatge point of the higher rooms gave a great vista across Glasgow to the snow top mountains. The staff couldn't do enough. Stand out was David behind the bar who went out of his way to look after us and caroline who looked after us a dinner.
Even late down for breakfast you are still presented a full display to choose from. Thanks chef for the attention sunday morning, still had time to poach a couple of eggs.
I recommend you upgrade your room to enjoy the executive lounge with its many benefits.
just out of town but taxis always outside ready to go no need to book or wait.

Room Tip: upgrade to executive for the benefits. choose higher floor for the views.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank NDeacon
QMHManager, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Glasgow, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to send feedback on your stay. I am very pleased to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your time with us and found us to be comfortable and well run hotel. I will be sure to share your review with the team members you’ve mentioned so they can see how much their hard work is appreciated. I hope to welcome you back in the future.

Glasgow
Reviewed 10 February 2014

Stayed at the Crowne Plaza on 8th Feb 14 for one night,
Check in - was quick and simple.
Room - Great views of the clyde and hydro from our room and the room itself was clean and comfortable etc unfortunately our room was right next to the lift which meant a we got absolutley no sleep whatsoever with people coming and going and the double doors banging constantly and in the morning the housekeeping attempted to enter our room at 8:30am even though the do not disturb sign was hanging on the door.
Facilites - Pool, Sauna etc was lovely
Bar Area - Nice
Breakfast - Actual food was lovely given it was a buffet and plenty of choice, the staff on duty did not approach our table to ask if we wanted tea or coffee i had to ask the same member of staff twice for tea for 2 to which he then brought one tea pot there were no cups or milk, when i mentioned we needed 2 cups and milk 'oh ok' no apologies or anything.
Its an ok hotel but for the price we paid definatley not worth the money.

Room Tip: Don't accept a room next to the lifts
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
QMHManager, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Glasgow, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to send your feedback. I am extremely sorry to read that you time with us was disappointing due to the placement of your room and some issues in our restaurant. I will be sure to discuss your review with our team members so we can avoid this happening in the future. I hope you give us another chance in the future.

Rhondda Cynon Taff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Lovely big hotel just 5 mins from Glasgow city centre next to SECC. Plenty of reasonable parking onsite.
Onsite pool and gym, good sized resturaunt nad bar next to reception.
Large clean bedrooms with lovely views upper floors. Usuall Crowne Plaza facilities in-rooms, fridge, hairdryer, quality bathroom/ shower.

Room Tip: Choose a high floor room
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank welshone03
Thank you for sending your feedback. I am very pleased to read that your time with us was thoroughly enjoyable and you found everything to your liking including our facilities. I hope to welcome you back very soon.