Booked this hotel through lastminute.com for a night away for our wedding anniversary. When making the booking I requested a double room and noted that it was our anniversary. This information was not passed to the hotel and lastmintue.com (part of travelocity?) had actually reserved a twin room for us. Obviously, we were very disappointed when we walked into our room and saw two single beds. On phoning the reception and explaining that it was our anniversary they quickly found us a king room despite the hotel being very busy. They also delivered a complimentary bottle of wine to our room. The room itself was attractive with a big, comfy bed, great pillows, plenty of towels and nice dressing gowns. The hotel is currently undergoing a refurbishment which means that the main entrance is closed for the time being but this didn't matter to us. The bar and restaurant looked big and modern but we didn't spend any time in them. The public areas will probably be even better once the refurbishment is complete. I would definitely stay at the Crown Plaza Glasgow again, but would probably book direct with the hotel in future. Perfect location next to the SECC, Hydro etc and a short train ride into the city centre/to the West End from the train station which is about a 5 minute walk away.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Crowne Plaza Glasgow. A modern and stylish hotel overlooking the River Clyde, with a covered walkway to the Scottish Exhibition & Conference Centre (SECC), Crowne Plaza Glasgow is an excellent choice for the business and leisure traveller. With 283 air conditioned contemporary bedrooms and suites, all fully equipped with Smart televisions, trouser press, hairdryer, iron and ironing board, tea/coffee making facilities and wireless internet access. The spacious Club Rooms boast Kingsized beds with stunning river views, Smart TVs and exclusive access to our Club Lounge, with complimentary refreshments to relax or hold informal meetings. The Leisure Club includes an indoor pool, equipped gym, sauna, spa and steam room. Alternatively, treat yourself to a massage or beauty treatment in Isis, our in-house Beauty Salon. There are 15 conference/functions suites, including a dedicated boardroom with plasma screen, to accommodate all types of events. Crowne Plaza Glasgow is located directly opposite the Glasgow Science Centre, the BBC and STV Headquarters and the nearby Transport Museum and Tall Ship visitor attraction. Easy access to shopping areas such as Braehead, Buchanan Galleries, St Enoch and Argyle Street make this a great leisure destination. The hotel is non-smoking throughout. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Ebookers, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Lastminute, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Crowne Plaza Glasgow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Glasgow Hotel Glasgow
- Glasgow Crowne Plaza
- Crowne Plaza Glasgow Scotland