“Comfortable hotel, pricey wi-fi!” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Crowne Plaza Glasgow
Ranked #39 of 96 Hotels in Glasgow
Crewe
“Comfortable hotel, pricey wi-fi!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

I stayed for 3 nights over Easter while attending a convention at the hotel. Very comfortable room on the 8th floor (was rather amused to note there's no button in the lifts between 12 and 14!), comfortable bed for a good nights' sleep, plenty of food and wide choice at breakfast. Good food for the evening meals, and the staff were very efficient even though very busy.

The front desk staff were very prompt with dealing with a couple of requests - I needed an extension power lead for my CPAP pump for the mask I need to use when sleeping, as the power sockets are all on the opposite side of the room from the head of the bed; and I had a replacement remote control for the tv within a couple of minutes (I think the batteries were failing).

The only reason I've taken a point off the overall rating is for the truly breathtaking price they were asking for wi-fi access - £15 for 24 hours, £20 for 2 days! Come on guys, you can get a whole week for £10 at Premier Inn! It was much cheaper for me to use my phone's 3G personal hotspot and run my iPad through it!

Apart from that, top marks for the hotel, and we were blessed with beautiful weather with blue skies all weekend (quite unusual for Glasgow!).

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
QMHManager, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Glasgow, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Thank you for your review. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay in the hotel, in particular I am glad to hear that our staff were able to deal with your requests promptly. In regards to the wifi charges, this is something we will be looking at in the future. We would look forward to seeing you again in the hotel.

Dominic McVey

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (527)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

I stayed at the crowne plaza with some of my friends and I had an absolutely brilliant night! The Staff are some of the friendliest staff I've ever met in a hotel, the room was so lovely and we had a great view of the river clyde and some of the other scenery, we had dinner at night in the restaurant and it was absolutely divine, never tasted anything like it in my life, the whole atmosphere of the hotel is warm and welcoming with a twist of class and luxury. In the morning we got up and went for a swim, I had a lovely time as the pool is very relaxing and simplistic, the changing facilities were really nice and spacious and there are towels,shampoo,conditioner and hairdryers provided for you so you don't have to bring your own, brilliant hotel, brilliant staff, brilliant food, brilliant facilities, all round absolutely fabulous, 5 stars from me!! :) :)

Room Tip: Higher floors provide a better view of the city
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your kind review. I am very pleased to read you had a great stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Renfrew, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

I have stayed in the hotel many times and have always thought it is very good :) the rooms are always very clean and tidy and the staff are great. The food in the restaurant is very good and I would highly recommend this hotel to everyone! It is by far the best hotel I have ever stayed in and I hope to stay again very soon :)

Stayed April 2014
Thank you for your feedback. It’s great to read such a lovely review, we hope to see you gain for another great stay.

Kirkcaldy, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

This is my 3rd stay here but sadly this time room414 was a let down stained carpet dirty chair .Staff however very friendly and I do believe rooms being upgraded .However breakfast was good with a good selection

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review. I must apologise for the dirty carpet and chair in your room, as mentioned we are currently planning the next stage of our refurbishment which will include the bedrooms. We would look forward to seeing you again to see the results.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

Gr8 night at the crowne plaza. I didn't stay in the room but the food was amazing! The pudding is one of the best I have tasted in my life! Gr8 night and would def go again. The ballroom that we used was really plush and the way they decorated the room was lovely. Only a very small gripe but the service for drinks was not gr8. The guys serving kept saying the couldn't serve and would get someone to come over but the person never appeared. Other than that was an amazing event!

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for leaving feedback. I am very pleased to hear you enjoyed your meal at the hotel we take great pride in this area. I am however very sorry about the poor service at the bar, this is something I will look in to, to prevent this from happening again. It would be great to see you again for another great meal.

Greater London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

Its a very good hotel, good location and services. Excellent reception team, very helpfull.

Very good and clean room unfortunately I only stay one night here.

They have a new bar in the lobby, very alive atmosphere in the evening

Excellent breakfast too

Hope will come back soon :)

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Gregorius S
Thank you for your feedback. It is always nice to read a positive review from a happy guest, I look forward to seeing you again for another great stay.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

Stayed three nights hotel was lovley and clean and the beds were really comfy had a great nights sleep.hotel staff were very helpful but it wouldnt hurt a few of the other staff too smile now and then.had a meal on the sunday night there were four adults and one child we had a two course meal the roast of the day and a desert also a round of drinks two lagera a coke and a j2o and were charged £122 witch I thought was far far too expensive.its not the thought of paying the money or we wouldnt of picked this hotel to stay in.also the waitress who served us was very abrupt with us and I couldnt understand why.apart from that the hotel was lovley.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank wzzard
QMHManager, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Glasgow, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback. I am glad to hear that you a great sleep in the hotel. However I apologise for the problem you had with our colleague in the restaurant and I will of course carry out a full investigation and ensure this does not happen again. We would love to see you back at the hotel for another great night’s sleep.