I stayed for 3 nights over Easter while attending a convention at the hotel. Very comfortable room on the 8th floor (was rather amused to note there's no button in the lifts between 12 and 14!), comfortable bed for a good nights' sleep, plenty of food and wide choice at breakfast. Good food for the evening meals, and the staff were very efficient even though very busy.
The front desk staff were very prompt with dealing with a couple of requests - I needed an extension power lead for my CPAP pump for the mask I need to use when sleeping, as the power sockets are all on the opposite side of the room from the head of the bed; and I had a replacement remote control for the tv within a couple of minutes (I think the batteries were failing).
The only reason I've taken a point off the overall rating is for the truly breathtaking price they were asking for wi-fi access - £15 for 24 hours, £20 for 2 days! Come on guys, you can get a whole week for £10 at Premier Inn! It was much cheaper for me to use my phone's 3G personal hotspot and run my iPad through it!
Apart from that, top marks for the hotel, and we were blessed with beautiful weather with blue skies all weekend (quite unusual for Glasgow!).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Crowne Plaza Glasgow. A modern and stylish hotel overlooking the River Clyde, with a covered walkway to the Scottish Exhibition & Conference Centre (SECC), Crowne Plaza Glasgow is an excellent choice for the business and leisure traveller. With 283 air conditioned contemporary bedrooms and suites, all fully equipped with Smart televisions, trouser press, hairdryer, iron and ironing board, tea/coffee making facilities and wireless internet access. The spacious Club Rooms boast Kingsized beds with stunning river views, Smart TVs and exclusive access to our Club Lounge, with complimentary refreshments to relax or hold informal meetings. The Leisure Club includes an indoor pool, equipped gym, sauna, spa and steam room. Alternatively, treat yourself to a massage or beauty treatment in Isis, our in-house Beauty Salon. There are 15 conference/functions suites, including a dedicated boardroom with plasma screen, to accommodate all types of events. Crowne Plaza Glasgow is located directly opposite the Glasgow Science Centre, the BBC and STV Headquarters and the nearby Transport Museum and Tall Ship visitor attraction. Easy access to shopping areas such as Braehead, Buchanan Galleries, St Enoch and Argyle Street make this a great leisure destination. The hotel is non-smoking throughout. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Hotels.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Crowne Plaza Glasgow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Glasgow Hotel Glasgow
- Glasgow Crowne Plaza
- Crowne Plaza Glasgow Scotland