Crowne Plaza Glasgow
Smiths Hotel(Glasgow)
  • Free Internet
Argyll Hotel(Glasgow)
2,495 results
All reviewsthe club loungecovered walkwaycity centrebbc scotlandclyde auditoriumscience museumcar parkattending an eventsse hydroleisure facilitiesreception staffan upgradestayed here for one nightbuffet stylebreakfast was excellentan overnight staygood nights sleep
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Pleasantly surprised by this Crowne Plaza as they havent been the best in some cities I have used them. I was really impressed by the reception area and the restaurant, the food I had was excellent. The room was a good size, very smart with a very comfortable bad.

All in all a great stay, my only mark against was not a great location.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Seran T
QMHManager, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I am glad to hear that you had a great stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

Staying here for 3 nights as part of a conference. The immediate noticeable thing when you walk in is how friendly and willing to help the staff are. Certainly much better than other hotel and cities I've stated in. The rooms services and facilities were all great and breakfast too was lovely. Only downside is the waiting staff don't always seem to notice what needs doing it now the dining room. They will walk right past a table with guests that needs clearing numerous times. I emailed the hotel and whilst I got a quick response it was simular the following night. I guess this was more noticeable to me, being a table for one, I didn't want to sit for 2 hours with a leisurely meal. Overall, their charm and personality won it. It's a good hotel, great location and I would recommend ( and hopefully return).

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank nigel h
QMHManager, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It’s great to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, I have taken into account your comments regarding the table clearing in the dining room and will ensure that staff are aware. I hope to see you again for another great stay.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

My colleague booked this hotel as a location for a business meeting. For me I thought the location was OK opposite BBC Scotland and easy walks to the Hydro and Maritime museum but it lacks any personality and when you hit your room you could be anywhere, in any 'chain hotel', so question is then Premier Inn at half the price??

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
QMHManager, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I am glad that you found the location of the hotel to your liking, I am however sorry that you thought we did not offer good value for money, we strive to provide the best service we can at the right price. So I apologise that we weren’t able to meet these expectations on this occasion. I would love to welcome you back in the future to demonstrate how good we can be.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

I stayed here December last year with my sister as we were attending a concert at the Hydro. We stayed here because of the location, the location was perfect, it was literally a 2 minute walk out the front of the hotel round the corner and the Hydro was there, no messing about with taxi's or anything. The hotel was clean, and our room was fine for what we needed it for. We ordered room service and it wasn't badly priced and didn't take long to come. Will deffo stay here again if I have a concert at the Hydro.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Claire S

Thank you for your feedback. I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel. We look forward to seeing you again for another great stay.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Greeted by happy and helpful staff who took no time at all to check us in with a smile. Room was very clean and had a great view looking westerly down the Clyde towards the Riverside Museum on the 14th floor. We were asked when we checked in if we would prefer a high or low level room. We watched a show at the Hydro next door and could not be better placed. Just across the Clyde via footbridge is the Science Centre and IMAX. City sightseeing tour buses stop nearby and a rail station is 5 minutes walk away allowing for a 3 minute transfer time to the centre. Would stay again without any hesitation.

Room Tip: When asked if you would prefer a high or low level room, I recommend high for fantastic views.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CrazyAlman

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I am very pleased to read that you had a great stay with us. I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.