“Good Time”

Ranked #39 of 96 Hotels in Glasgow
Dundee, Scotland
“Good Time”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

For a Monday visit to SSEC we booked a Sunday 'deal' which included BB&D.
Room fine and one day+ parking £6.

At Diner I chose from the a la carte menu and my wife chose from the buffet menu, I really enjoyed my food but when I noted the lovely steak etc. she got from the buffet I wish I had chosen that.
I had to sample some of her steak and on the way out I compliment the Chef who was serving the buffet. Breakfast was just as good!

Room Tip: I asked for a quiet room away from lifts.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Auldbuff
QMHManager, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Glasgow, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Thank you for your review. I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay and that, in particular your enjoyed the food in the restaurant, I will certainly pass on your comments to the catering team. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Dominic McVey

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (537)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
UK
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

Visited bank holiday weekend for attending a conference. The hotel is huge fabulously modern spotlessly clean and very professional helpful staff. A lovely atmosphere slick but relaxed at same time. A little out of town but taxi cost no more than a few pounds to centre of city. Breakfast huge chpice and fresh and lovelu. Only downside was pillows too thick! If u can call that a negative. Highly recommended.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for leaving feedback. I am very happy to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again for another great stay.

Glenrothes
Reviewed 23 May 2014

This is the first time since I joined Trip Advisor that I have been so enraged by a hotel that I have felt it necessary to give it a one star review.
This is a hotel that I have stayed at on many occasions. I am a member of its loyalty scheme. When my wife and I stayed there in March we were given a promotional leaflet offering members of its loyalty scheme the chance to stay at the hotel on any Sunday during the year for £65 including breakfast. The only excluded date was 15th September for some mysterious reason and was of course "subject to availability".
Since we had a holiday on Monday 2nd June, we decided to take up this offer and I called on 23rd May to book a room.
I was put through to someone in reservations who told me that she could not find the offer on her system but she could offer me rooms at a higher rate. When I insisted that I wasn't interested in paying a higher rate, she put me on hold while she spoke to her manager. I was then subjected to several minutes of highly distorted and painful to the ear muzak before the line went dead. I tried again and was given a similar story, but was put through to the hotel this time. Again I was told that there was no availability. When I pointed out that there clearly was availability since I had been offered a room at a higher rate, I was told that there were no rooms available at the rate promised in their leaflet as "there was a concert on next door" that evening. I suggested that there were usually concerts on next door in that part of Glasgow and their offer said nothing about reduced availability when there was a concert on. She then suggested that nine days notice was insufficient! These people are dishonest shyster who clearly put this offer out in the hope that they would trick people into calling them so that they could flog a room at a higher rate. There are lots of other hotels in Glasgow. I won;t be staying at this one again.

Room Tip: Don't bother
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dougban
QMHManager, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Glasgow, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
I am sorry that you were unable to obtain the special offer rate for the date you requested. As with all special offers, there is an allocation of a percentage of the total number of bedrooms in the hotel set aside for the promotional rate and, as clearly stated, is strictly subject to availability. I understand that you were very annoyed when you called the hotel and our Commercial Manager explained this to you however I do hope that on reflection you will appreciate that as the allocation of rooms was fully subscribed on the date in question, we were unable to offer you the promotional offer. I say this not as an excuse but by way of an explanation.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Great location if you will be attending a concert at one of the very nearby venues. Ample parking, 6 pounds for the day. A nice buffet breakfast was included with veggie and non-veggie haggis! The bar was very wide open and with a lot's of seating... A good selection of single malts... We were there the night they had some Scottish awards, made for an interesting evening... 5-10 pounds cab ride should get you anywhere downtown Glasgow... if you are coming back to the hotel when a concert has ended, be prepared to walk!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for leaving feedback. It is great to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, we would be delighted to welcome you back in the future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Pleasantly surprised by this Crowne Plaza as they havent been the best in some cities I have used them. I was really impressed by the reception area and the restaurant, the food I had was excellent. The room was a good size, very smart with a very comfortable bad.

All in all a great stay, my only mark against was not a great location.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Seran T
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I am glad to hear that you had a great stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again.

York, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

Staying here for 3 nights as part of a conference. The immediate noticeable thing when you walk in is how friendly and willing to help the staff are. Certainly much better than other hotel and cities I've stated in. The rooms services and facilities were all great and breakfast too was lovely. Only downside is the waiting staff don't always seem to notice what needs doing it now the dining room. They will walk right past a table with guests that needs clearing numerous times. I emailed the hotel and whilst I got a quick response it was simular the following night. I guess this was more noticeable to me, being a table for one, I didn't want to sit for 2 hours with a leisurely meal. Overall, their charm and personality won it. It's a good hotel, great location and I would recommend ( and hopefully return).

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank nigel h
QMHManager, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Glasgow, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It’s great to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, I have taken into account your comments regarding the table clearing in the dining room and will ensure that staff are aware. I hope to see you again for another great stay.

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 May 2014

My colleague booked this hotel as a location for a business meeting. For me I thought the location was OK opposite BBC Scotland and easy walks to the Hydro and Maritime museum but it lacks any personality and when you hit your room you could be anywhere, in any 'chain hotel', so question is then Premier Inn at half the price??

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
QMHManager, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Glasgow, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I am glad that you found the location of the hotel to your liking, I am however sorry that you thought we did not offer good value for money, we strive to provide the best service we can at the right price. So I apologise that we weren’t able to meet these expectations on this occasion. I would love to welcome you back in the future to demonstrate how good we can be.