“disappointing”

Ranked #39 of 96 Hotels in Glasgow
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“disappointing”
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Our mistake really- heading towards Crowne Plaza for a meal before the Eagles concert and expecting there to be a table available- we were directed towards the coffee shop, only the coffee machine was broken. We both chose a variation of the burger which was unbelievably tasteless, although presented well enough. Disinterested staff , but they were incredibly busy so I suppose no time for pleasantries.

It is very convenient for the Hydro and is better than most of the other offerings in the area but would not rush back.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sooz18
QMHManager, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Glasgow, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Thank you for your feedback. I am very sorry that we were not able to meet your expectations on this occasion, in particular I am sorry for the poor service you received in coffee shop, I will take action to ensure our usual standards are upheld at all times. I do hope we can welcome you back in the future to demonstrate these standards.

Dominic McVey

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (537)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

For only £80 for the night we had a great size room with big bed and TV. Made use of the lovely warm pool and sauna etc. It's so close to the westend and town so spoilt for choice for dinner! Check out was quick too, and the time was 12pm so good if you enjoy a long lie as much as I do!

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Emma t
Thank you for leaving a review. It is great to read that you had a great stay with us recently, I hope we can see you back at the hotel in the future for another fantastic stay.

Inverness, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Stayed for two nights when attending Eagles concert at Hydro.
Had a nice Club room on 15th floor with great views.
Club lounge was very good for breakfast and had a few glasses of wine and canopies second night from a very friendly and chatty waiter..
Would stay here again as great location.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank scotsbob
Thank you for your review. I am glad to read you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to welcoming you back again.

Panama City, Panama
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I was here as part of a trade show that was happening next door at the convention center. It is a very large hotel but you feel like you are being looked after here. Lovely rooms, great breakfasts and fast elevators which help a lot in a hotel this size. What was just so neat and other hotels should take note are the aromatherapy spray they give you to spray on your pillow at night plus another little bottle of roll on both in lavender. This was and is still used by me on my trips especially the roll on, when I am flying and it is so appreciated.

It is not really close to anything except the convention center. The convention center does have places to pick up food. Easy enough to walk from and to as I did but do know that it takes time to get anywhere as you have a big parking lot area to cross before you get out of here. For large conventions this would be great. Right next to the River Clyde and it's super nice walking path. Not far from the airport so easy to get to.

All in all just a really nice comfortable hotel that I felt happy to stay in!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank ICanTravelPanama
QMHManager, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Glasgow, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It’s great to read to you enjoyed your stay with us. I look forward to seeing you again for another great stay.

St Andrews, Scotland
Reviewed 4 June 2014

This was a return visit to the Crowne Plaza for us and undoubtedly its greatest asset is the proximity to SECC, Armadillo and SSE Hydro which was where we were going to see the Eagles (absolutely brilliant they were, but that's another review). We arrived early afternoon and had a quick and efficient check in and had booked only a standard room but found it more than adequate as it was well presented and the beds are enormous (and very comfy too). We did have a minor problem with our loo not flushing, but reported it to reception on our way out for a 30 min walk for some fresh air and the Maintenace Engineer had it repaired on our return. Like many people going to the concert we had an earliesh bar meal and reception did advise us that it would likely be busy, so not to leave it too late, but we found service was good and the food of high quality and reasonably priced..
Breakfast was also very good, busy but plenty of space and ample food and as it was Sunday, we were not rushed out as breakfast is served until 11 am. Check out was also very efficient and we really enjoyed our stay. We are back in Glasgow later this year for the Bryan Adams concert and will likely return to the Crowne Plaza, but will wait and see if there are any deals as we spent over £200 for B+B for the one night, which was in my opinion a wee bit pricey.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank weemanal
Thank you for your feedback. I am very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope we can welcome you back in the future.

Manchester
Reviewed 3 June 2014

This is one of my favourite hotels for a weekend break. Booked this hotel for a two night stay and, was upgraded due to my Platinum status to an Executive room with club lounge access where we were looked after very well by Frank.
The location of this hotel is great for easy access to Glasgow, and the concert we were attending at the Hydro, staff were all very pleasant, and bar meal before the concert was quality, with very efficient quick service.
We did have one frustrating part of our stay, when we had a problem with our room, because I got one of the nights with my club points and paid for the second night under a separate booking we got checked out after our first night, and had problems getting this resolved, but even this hiccup didn't spoil a fantastic weekend at this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bluem00ner
Thank you for your review. I am pleased to read that you a fantastic stay at the hotel and I am pleased the problem with the rooms did not spoil your stay. I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I attended a ballroom-style function at the weekend. Waited in a queue at the bar for over 20 minutes to buy wine to have with our dinner. Unfortunately I wasn't able to wait for any longer as the meal was being served. Unbeknown to me there was a bar waitress assigned to our table (+ another 3 surrounding tables), I placed my order, ate my starter but hadn't received my drinks, so I went back to the bar in the foyer to speak to a manager, also to report that the surrounding tables had not been approached for their drink order and also to highlight that I had waited a bit longer than expected to receive my drinks. The female manager was quite cold with me and seemed unpleasant that she had been called to the bar at that time, however, as she approached me, my order was being delivered to my table. The manager told me that she would get back to me once she had spoken to her team to find out what was causing the delays, but, she did not get back to me at all. There was a significant amount of money spent at the bar from our table alone, but, the service was poor and the bar appeared to be understaffed as dirty glasses were piled up on the bar in the foyer the whole night. To add to my dismay I was charged £10 for a jug of cranberry juice. I have been to similar style events in other hotels in Glasgow and had a great time, sadly I didn't feel the same at the CP.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for your feedback. I am very sorry about the poor service that you received whilst attending your event at the hotel. There are no excuses for this and I will of course be carrying out a full investigation and speaking to the team to discover what went wrong on this occasion and how we can put it right. We set ourselves high standards here at Crowne Plaza Glasgow and I would hope that you would consider us again in the future, so we can demonstrate these standards.