Crowne Plaza Glasgow
US$181
US$159
Priceline
2,493 results
All reviewsthe club loungecovered walkwaycity centrebbc scotlandclyde auditoriumscience museumcar parkattending an eventsse hydroleisure facilitiesreception staffan upgradestayed here for one nightbuffet stylebreakfast was excellentan overnight staygood nights sleep
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights. Really enjoyed the location- beautiful views, right beside the Clyde, only a short cab ride from Central station or ten minutes into the west end for a night out. My room was very nice- clean modern and spacious. The mattress was much more comfortable than I've found in previous hotels. Breakfast was tasty too, love having Lorne sausage on my trips to Scotland and the breakfast had great variety and was fresh. My only negatives for the hotel were that the air conditioning is very noisy and the plumbing is such that when other guests empty their baths or flush the toilet it's very audible in the other rooms. This wasn't a huge problem for me but I can imagine it being problematic if you're a light sleeper.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
QMHManager, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Thank you for your feedback. I am glad to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us recently, I will however apologise for the noisy plumbing and will ensure this matter is investigated further.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

I've been to the Plaza before which is of course by the Clyde in Glasgow, and I return because it is the place for me to stay when I'm in the city and going to an event nearby. The hotel is convenient for the SSE and SECC plus everything nearby like the BC and STV buildings.The view over the river just get better and better as you rise up to the 16th floor. I was in 622 for the night and had a view downstream of the Clyde including the Waverely berhed at the pier by the Science Building. The room itself was spacious with a very comfortable bed in which I slept in for an uninterupted 8 hours, somehting I've never managed before in any hotel. The restaurant was busy when we arrived and tables were bookable, but just outside the time window I had to eat and get to the SSE Hydro for the gig. Not a problem, I ordered room service which arrived within 15 minutes which was exactly what I needed. Next day, breakfast is available until 11.30am which is great when you want a lie in before a leisure journey back home. The breakfast meal has a massive range of hot and cold foods and drinks to suit all tastes and appetites. I opted for a medium sized full scottish which I thoroughly enjoyed wiht a croissant to demonstrate that I had eaten in other countries as well and did know other foods. My stay on Plaza overall was very enjoyable with excellent, pleasant and helpful staff throughout the hotel when I spoke to them. Staff on the reception desk even sorted out my WiFi connection on my iPhone when I was struggling and for me it just doesn't get any better than that! Highly Recommennded Hotel to which I will return and return again.

Room Tip: Go to the higher floors for a better view over the Clyde.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Andy F

Thank you for your review. It’s great to read a review from a happy guest, I am glad we were able to make your stay as enjoyable as possible and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Fantastic hotel if your attending a concert. Hotel is very nice and has a pool to relax and unwind in.
Bar area well laid out with a mixture of bar stools and chairs / couches, I suggest you push table service as the lines of waiting customers at the bar after the concert, more staff will help with the ugly and intrusive lines of thirsty guests.

Rooms clean and comfortable with soft beds.

Overall an enjoyable stay.

Paul

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gabellone

Thank you for your review. I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, although I apologise for the waiting times at the bar and I will look at ways we can reduce this in future. I look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

This property is located in a quieter location about 10 min from the city center (by taxi) along the river - almost directly across (via a pedestrian bridge) from the Science Museum and its IMAX theater. Walking to city center is possible but crossing some of the heavier traffic roads could make it slightly challenging.

The check-in process was very quick and the personnel were friendly. The property had a business hotel feel to it - the room was a standard clean room with decent toiletries. My view faced the river and it was nice.

Breakfast was extra but considering the lack of eating options within easy walking distance, eating at the hotel felt like the easiest option. While the breakfast options were decent the food was reasonably fresh, it did not have an egg station which I have found at many hotels of similar status in the UK.

The gym was also rather on the smallish side and while the pool was warm, the whirlpool on one corner of the pool made swimming laps for more than 2 people a bit difficult.

I was able to secure a decent rate and that made the stay here a good value. However, I think the facilities can be improved and coupled with its excellent location and considerate customer service, this hotel could very quickly become the stand out property of Glasgow.

I do recommend this hotel if you don’t need constant access to the city center.

Room Tip: ask for a room facing the river.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank bt_mpls_traveler

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It is pleasing to read your positive comments about the hotel and we take on board your comments regarding an egg station at breakfast. I happy to read that you would recommend us to others. We would look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Stayed here for a concert at the Hydro - which is effectively next door to the hotel so you can relax before the concert and amble back without getting stuck in the crowds. Was allocated a room on the Executive floor which gave me a nice view up the Clyde to the RIverside Museum and beyond. A reasonable walk along the Clyde to the City Centre - or across the bridge to the Science Centre. Cant really fault the hotel - may not be idea if you want the city centre but good for SECC, HYDRO, BBC & ITV. Only real complaint but not really down to the hotel is the number of Coach groups and how they feel that the own the hotel - when checking in whilst i was about to be served two separate tour organisors demanded the attention of the staff and on both days i stayed was greated either in the morning or evening with the main entrance almost blocked by rows of luggage.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank UK_Yankee_fan

Thank you for your feedback. I am glad that overall you had a good stay with us recently, however I apologise for the crowds in the reception area, I will ensure that in future we look at ways in which we can reduce the number of people checking in all at once. It would be great to see you back at the hotel in the future.