Crowne Plaza Glasgow
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$175
US$171
US$200
US$100
  • Restaurant
Jurys Inn Glasgow(Glasgow)(Great Value!)
US$104
US$114
US$110
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
Fraser Suites Glasgow(Glasgow)(Great Value!)
US$104
US$92
PremierInn.com
  • Free Internet
2,496 results
All reviewsthe club loungecovered walkwaycity centrebbc scotlandclyde auditoriumscience museumcar parkattending an eventsse hydroleisure facilitiesreception staffan upgradestayed here for one nightbuffet stylebreakfast was excellentan overnight staygood nights sleep
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

Good size and well maintained rooms, great breakfast selections, helpful staff, great location and views. Internet speed is fairly inconsistent, mostly too slow, which is fine for a basic email but not if attachments are involved. Let's see if this improves over the next three weeks here.

Lunches and dinners are quite expensive, as one might expect from a hotel of this calibre, and the quality of the food is not anywhere near as good as the breakfast. Very disappointing but eating out is not a tedious effort so this aspect can be overlooked.

Only a short walk to Argyle St for a good meal, drinks and groceries. A short drive to the central business district and trains, this is a very nice place to stay for any amount of time despite its shortcomings.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Artstar_ES
QMHManager, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Thank you for leaving feedback. I am glad to read that you thought that the hotel was a nice place to stay, although I must apologise about the internet connection speed, this is something we are hoping to improve in the future. I am also disappointed to read your comments regarding the food quality at lunch and dinner, catering is an area we take great pride in so I will be discussing with the catering teams ways in which this can be improved. I do however hope this does not stop you considering us again in the future.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

Stayed here for work for 3 nights .. Overall a good hotel. a busy hotel - but thats due to the location of it being next to Scottish Exhibition Centre, BBC Scotland, & science centre.
Check in was smooth ( for some reason my corporate room didnt come with Wifi). when asked the guy behind reception sorted it BUT not before making me feel like he done me a favour!

Breakfast was great - not to busy and most things available so should suit all.
Bar has busy spells but generaly a great bunch of people working it - most drinks available.
Food is available both in the lobby restaurant & the bar which was good as sometimes you just want a less formal meal.

If i had a gripe -it was I asked a chap at reception for a shaving kit and he point blank said we dont provide them. yet in my room there was a card stating if such items are needed ask at reception. They did send one out that evening. Not sure what that was all about! ( perhaps he was having a stressful morning)
Overall a nice place to stay be it out of the way for the city centre .but a taxi ride and your in the hustle of the centre.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Anish p

Thank you for leaving a review. I am very pleased to read that overall you enjoyed your stay with us, although I will endeavour to investigate why you were not initially given a shaving kit and ensure this does not happen again, however I do hope we can welcome you back for another stay in future.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Attended a ball at this hotel which is local to me. Although the overall experience was excellent there were a few areas which the hotel needs to address. For a. Hotel of this quality the drink service was very slow and no ice or slice was present throughout the whole evening. Disappointing as it would have made all the difference. The main bar was a totally different service so they do know how to do it it just seemed that the event was experiencing a totally different service. The staff were very nice and polite but this experience would influence me in deciding on holding a future event here if the standards are not consistent between areas. The hotel has been refurbished recently and is of a good standard and has the most fabulous views over Glasgow. Excellent location as only a short taxi ride into the hub of the city whilst able to relax as well.

Would recommend staying here but venue wise they need as they say in Glasgow 'get the finger out'

Room Tip: River views excellent
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Amanda S
QMHManager, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

I was very sorry to learn of the poor service you received at the Ball. This is definitely not our normal level of service in this area and I will certainly draw this to the attention of our Events Manager. I was however pleased that you enjoyed all other aspects of your stay with us and hope we can welcome you back again in future.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

I had previously had a bad experience at this hotel (basically being called a liar by front desk staff) but am so pleased that i decided to try the hotel again!! The check in with Louise was friendly and efficient and she even gave us our choice of floors. The concierge even brought us up a bottle of wine courtesy of the front desk, another lovely surprise! The room was nice, huge, and in the quiet zone - only bad point for us was the plug situation; the tower that you pull from the desk only had one working socket, and there were no plugs by the bedsides. After heading into town for dinner we were welcomed by Ian in the bar who was also very chatty and pleasant. All of this, topped off with a first class breaky, made for a great stay and i would have no hesitations in recommending the crowne plaza glasgow to anyone!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank land90

I was sorry to learn of your previous experience of staying with us but I’m delighted that the team restored your faith in us on this occasion. I do hope we will have an opportunity to welcome you back for another great stay in future.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

It's been some time since we have stayed at the Crowne Plaza and since our last visit the public areas of the hotel have been given a lovely makeover and the end result has transformed both the reception and bar areas. On arrival we were allocated a club level room which also has had a makeover with excellent results, after returning from a day out we dined in the bar and the food served was both very well presented and piping hot. Staff were as on our previous visits all so very helpful and kind with a special mention due to a lady who served us at the bar called Claudia who was so polite and helpful as was concierge staff members Stewart and Bob who were both a credit to the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank theolloys

Thank you so much for a great review of your stay with us and for your kind comments regarding the team. I will make sure that the team members named are aware that you have specifically mentioned them in your review. I do hope you will come back and stay with us again in the not too distant future.