“Even better than last time” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Crowne Plaza Glasgow
Ranked #39 of 96 Hotels in Glasgow
Biddulph, United Kingdom
“Even better than last time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for one night on our way home from the Highlands After a nightmare journey we arrived later than hoped but we soon got over it thanks to the hotel staff Firstly the hotel receptionist was very friendly and we were soon on our way to our room This was very spacious with a nice view of the tall ship on the Clyde We had been given access to the Club Lounge so went up for a drink before dinner The guy on duty - Frank - was excellent and made us very welcome He made us aware that the restaurant would be very busy as the hotel had 6 coach loads of tourists staying so suggested we order room service to be delivered to the Lounge We did and the meal was very good made even better by not having to move Breakfast was also excellent even though we ate quite late A great stay and hopefully we will return soon

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank andym1954
QMHManager, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Glasgow, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Thank you for leaving a review. I am very happy to read that you enjoyed your time with us and I will of course ensure that your comments are passed on to Frank in the Lounge, I look forward to welcoming you back for another great stay.

Dominic McVey

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (526)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
Scotland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the hotel as we were going to a concert at The Hydro which is a 2 minute walk from the hotel. The rooms were clean and tidy with lovely views over the city skyline. We also used the leisure facilities which were okay, quite basic but fine. We had a lovely meal in the restaurant which had a great menu, food was excellent. We also had a very good breakfast in the morning with a very varied buffet which suits everybody.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank GILLIANO015
Thank you for your review. It is good to read that you had a good stay with us recently and we would be delighted to see you back again for another great stay.

Dominc McVey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

I've booked a room on the phone last month at this Hotel for August. But when I arrived at the hotel, the receptionist said my booking had been cancelled. So I called their main booking official website, they said again it had been cancelled because I needed to confirm in 24 hours. I told them that I called and confirmed with my credit card details and I even got a confirmation email on the same day. But they just said it had been cancelled and the type of rooms I booked were full, apart from some executive delux rooms. So I had to look for another hotel, calling one hotel after another. So they gave me a headache and wasted a lot of my time on my arrival day in Glasgow. Even if they cancelled, they should have let me know about the cancellation. I don't blame the receptionist but the booking office seemed to have sold my room for higher prices amid high demand in summer. How should I trust this online booking people for the future? I don't recommend the Crowne Plaza Glasgow online or telephone booking, based on my case.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Location
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Ko Moe U
Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I am very sorry that your booking was cancelled without notice, I will be endeavouring to discover how this occurred and how we can ensure it does not occur again in the future, if you would like to send our Commercial Manager (cm.cpglasgow@qmh-hotels.com) your contact details, she would be happy to update you with the outcome.

Bangor, Northern Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

After spending 15 nights in the Citizen M hotel in Glasgow, it was a huge relief to check into a normal hotel...the TV operated with a remote (not a stupid tablet) there was a wardrobe and tea and coffee making facilities and tons of space. Wonderful. Great bar and food as well

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
      Sleep Quality
      Cleanliness
1 Thank Blurt
Thank you for your review. It is great to hear that you had a good stay with us, especially that you enjoyed our food and the bar, we hope to see you again the future.

united kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

Some will say the location isn't ideal - personally it's perfect !! On the river , not in the centre - excellent walks and cheap hotel parking! The hotel is modern , good standard of decor and rooms big . Bathrooms are good and the staff appear very genuine. The breakfast is good - with a lot of sausages on offer !! The haggis is nice.
The leisure facilities are good - free weights as well. There are three lifts - be careful though as one has windows - so if you don't like heights you may wish to avoid.
There is a nextbike hire station 2 mins from hotel - so easy to register and use. There is a cycle route into city -30 mins £1. This hotel has a lot going for it

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing west - away from city - real interesting view of Clyde , and mountains
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
      Rooms
1 Thank Ian D
Thank you for taking the time to leave some feedback, I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, in particular I am pleased to read that you enjoyed our breakfast. I hope we can welcome you back again.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

Was pleasantly surprised by this hotel. Efficient check in and smart reception/bar area. Lovely views from every window. Robes and chocolates on arrival and big fluffy towels. Great gym and pool area. Great breakfast and good evening food. Parking is easy with great walkway to reception so no getting wet in the rain. Herbal sleep kit was a lovely touch too.

Only negative was the air con which was incredibly noisy but had to be used as very hot and windows do not open. Apart from that this is a great hotel and I would recommend!

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Constanttrav
QMHManager, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Glasgow, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave some feedback. I am really happy to read that you had a great stay and that you enjoyed some of the extras in your room, I apologise for the noisy air conditioning however this is something we will be looking at improving during the next stage of our refurbishment programme, which will take in the bedrooms.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

The hotel is fine, the room are big. There is an amazing club lounge for the executives rooms on floors 15 and 16. Good swimming pool. The gym too small. Good staff and restaurant. The breakfast is amazing.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank JorgeC9
Thank you for your review. I am glad that you enjoyed our Club Lounge and that you enjoyed breakfast. I hope we can welcome you back to the hotel again in the future.