“Couldn't fault it”

Crowne Plaza Glasgow
Ranked #36 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed 16 August 2014

We stayed here for a couple of days after all the excitement of the Commonwealth Games had come to an end. We had a room on the fifth floor with a good view across the Clyde. The room was fantastic with a particularly lovely big comfy bed.

Whilst there we made use of the gym, swimming pool and Jacuzzi. It is little bit cramped in the gym area, with some machines right on top of the reception desk, but it is absolutely fine for a short workout before breakfast. However, if you are not inclined to exercise, just spend more time eating. There is plenty of choice at breakfast and none of it is disappointing. I was so stuffed one morning I hardly ate a thing for the rest of the day!! Loved it.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank stanlion
QMHManager, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Thank you for leaving a review, it’s great to hear that you had a great stay with us recently, in particular I am pleased you enjoyed the breakfast choices on offer. I hope we can welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

Our 2 night stay at the crowne plaza was very enjoyable, we had a room on one of the top floors which had jaw dropping views of glasgow especially at night, the executive lounge is a nice touch with complimentary wines, beers and finger foods. The business facilities are very good. The only criticism is the bar downstairs is so large unless full it lacks atmosphere but i suppose this cannot be helped during the week, we would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank gill72j19
QMHManager, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Thank you for your feedback. I am very happy to read that you had a very enjoyable stay with us recently, I am particularly pleased that you enjoyed your time in the Club Lounge. We would be delighted to welcome you back in the future for another enjoyable stay.

Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

Had to book last minute as we were attending a funeral but managed to get a deal on LastMinute. Room only for 3 nights was around £320, slightly dear I think but still cheaper than usual. The main downside was breakfast not being included. However you can purchase this if you require. The hotel is lovely as are the rooms, and we had a nice view over the Clyde. While parking is discounted for guests I think the discount could be better. However we did enjoy the stay and the food in the hotel bar was also good. I definitely also have to mention the shower which was fantastic! Really powerful! Would definitely go back!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank AuroraLeigh

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback. I am happy to read that overall you enjoyed your stay with us, I am particularly happy to read your praise for the food in the hotel, this in is an area in which we take great pride. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for business and had a very pleasant stay. Room was clean, spacious and had all the amenities I needed.
Staff were very helpful and attentive.
Breakfast was very good with a large choice of food and drinks.
I would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank FearnFace

Thank you for your review. I am glad you had a good stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for one night on our way home from the Highlands After a nightmare journey we arrived later than hoped but we soon got over it thanks to the hotel staff Firstly the hotel receptionist was very friendly and we were soon on our way to our room This was very spacious with a nice view of the tall ship on the Clyde We had been given access to the Club Lounge so went up for a drink before dinner The guy on duty - Frank - was excellent and made us very welcome He made us aware that the restaurant would be very busy as the hotel had 6 coach loads of tourists staying so suggested we order room service to be delivered to the Lounge We did and the meal was very good made even better by not having to move Breakfast was also excellent even though we ate quite late A great stay and hopefully we will return soon

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank andym1954

Thank you for leaving a review. I am very happy to read that you enjoyed your time with us and I will of course ensure that your comments are passed on to Frank in the Lounge, I look forward to welcoming you back for another great stay.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

We stayed at the hotel as we were going to a concert at The Hydro which is a 2 minute walk from the hotel. The rooms were clean and tidy with lovely views over the city skyline. We also used the leisure facilities which were okay, quite basic but fine. We had a lovely meal in the restaurant which had a great menu, food was excellent. We also had a very good breakfast in the morning with a very varied buffet which suits everybody.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank GILLIANO015

Thank you for your review. It is good to read that you had a good stay with us recently and we would be delighted to see you back again for another great stay.

Dominc McVey

Reviewed 7 August 2014

I've booked a room on the phone last month at this Hotel for August. But when I arrived at the hotel, the receptionist said my booking had been cancelled. So I called their main booking official website, they said again it had been cancelled because I needed to confirm in 24 hours. I told them that I called and confirmed with my credit card details and I even got a confirmation email on the same day. But they just said it had been cancelled and the type of rooms I booked were full, apart from some executive delux rooms. So I had to look for another hotel, calling one hotel after another. So they gave me a headache and wasted a lot of my time on my arrival day in Glasgow. Even if they cancelled, they should have let me know about the cancellation. I don't blame the receptionist but the booking office seemed to have sold my room for higher prices amid high demand in summer. How should I trust this online booking people for the future? I don't recommend the Crowne Plaza Glasgow online or telephone booking, based on my case.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Ko Moe U

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I am very sorry that your booking was cancelled without notice, I will be endeavouring to discover how this occurred and how we can ensure it does not occur again in the future, if you would like to send our Commercial Manager (cm.cpglasgow@qmh-hotels.com) your contact details, she would be happy to update you with the outcome.