“Good Hotel, Let Down By a Few Staff”

Crowne Plaza Glasgow
Ranked #36 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

I've stayed here twice now for one night.
Excellent rooms, well presented, clean and with good facilities.

Service at the bar is very good. However in the restaurant the staff miss you if you are in a corner resulting in you having ask them to take your order. They also forget requests for jugs of water etc. Having them start to tidy away empty tables around you at 9pm makes you feel a little unwelcome.

The reception is mayhem with no clear line and staff serving the person who pushes to the front first and not the next person waiting.

Breakfast is very good with some traditional Scottish products and as you serve yourself, none of the staff issues above.

So close to being very good, just needs a little more staff training and attention to detail.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
QMHManager, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I am pleased you enjoyed breakfast and found the service at the bar to be very good however I must apologise for the poor service you experience in the restaurant and at the reception area, excellent customer service is something we strive to achieve in all areas of the hotel, so rest assured I will be investigating these incidences further and taking action to ensure these standards are met. I do hope this does not discourage you from considering us again in the future.

Reviewed 20 August 2014

Stayed in the Crowne Plaza on a recent Uni run. It has it's own car parking, which is a quite important factor when choosing where to stay in the bigger cities. THe friendly check in staff were so helpful it set the tone for our weekend. My two daughters and my son and his girlfriend joined us for drinks and dinner. The service in the bar was friendly and efficient, drinks a bit pricey, and the service in the restaurant and the quality of the food was excellent. The room was adequate, all you need, and the bed was very comfortable. Buffet breakfast was just what the doctor ordered after one too many beers the night before. I shall return .........

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Don M

Thank you for your feedback. I am very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay in the hotel and that you enjoyed the bar and breakfast. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

We stayed here for a couple of days after all the excitement of the Commonwealth Games had come to an end. We had a room on the fifth floor with a good view across the Clyde. The room was fantastic with a particularly lovely big comfy bed.

Whilst there we made use of the gym, swimming pool and Jacuzzi. It is little bit cramped in the gym area, with some machines right on top of the reception desk, but it is absolutely fine for a short workout before breakfast. However, if you are not inclined to exercise, just spend more time eating. There is plenty of choice at breakfast and none of it is disappointing. I was so stuffed one morning I hardly ate a thing for the rest of the day!! Loved it.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank stanlion

Thank you for leaving a review, it’s great to hear that you had a great stay with us recently, in particular I am pleased you enjoyed the breakfast choices on offer. I hope we can welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

Our 2 night stay at the crowne plaza was very enjoyable, we had a room on one of the top floors which had jaw dropping views of glasgow especially at night, the executive lounge is a nice touch with complimentary wines, beers and finger foods. The business facilities are very good. The only criticism is the bar downstairs is so large unless full it lacks atmosphere but i suppose this cannot be helped during the week, we would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank gill72j19
QMHManager, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Thank you for your feedback. I am very happy to read that you had a very enjoyable stay with us recently, I am particularly pleased that you enjoyed your time in the Club Lounge. We would be delighted to welcome you back in the future for another enjoyable stay.

Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

Had to book last minute as we were attending a funeral but managed to get a deal on LastMinute. Room only for 3 nights was around £320, slightly dear I think but still cheaper than usual. The main downside was breakfast not being included. However you can purchase this if you require. The hotel is lovely as are the rooms, and we had a nice view over the Clyde. While parking is discounted for guests I think the discount could be better. However we did enjoy the stay and the food in the hotel bar was also good. I definitely also have to mention the shower which was fantastic! Really powerful! Would definitely go back!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank AuroraLeigh

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback. I am happy to read that overall you enjoyed your stay with us, I am particularly happy to read your praise for the food in the hotel, this in is an area in which we take great pride. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for business and had a very pleasant stay. Room was clean, spacious and had all the amenities I needed.
Staff were very helpful and attentive.
Breakfast was very good with a large choice of food and drinks.
I would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank FearnFace

Thank you for your review. I am glad you had a good stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for one night on our way home from the Highlands After a nightmare journey we arrived later than hoped but we soon got over it thanks to the hotel staff Firstly the hotel receptionist was very friendly and we were soon on our way to our room This was very spacious with a nice view of the tall ship on the Clyde We had been given access to the Club Lounge so went up for a drink before dinner The guy on duty - Frank - was excellent and made us very welcome He made us aware that the restaurant would be very busy as the hotel had 6 coach loads of tourists staying so suggested we order room service to be delivered to the Lounge We did and the meal was very good made even better by not having to move Breakfast was also excellent even though we ate quite late A great stay and hopefully we will return soon

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank andym1954

Thank you for leaving a review. I am very happy to read that you enjoyed your time with us and I will of course ensure that your comments are passed on to Frank in the Lounge, I look forward to welcoming you back for another great stay.