My husband and I were looking forward to a relaxing stay in a luxury hotel, but were sadly disappointed.
On check-in, the receptionist was efficient but that is all. She didn't smile once or make an effort to welcome us. Have had warmer welcomes at a Travelodge.
Our hotel guide and remote control holder in the room were thick with dust.
The AC didn't work properly, although a very friendly maintenance man came to fix it when I called reception
Most serious of all, I asked the breakfast chef whether the mushrooms were cooked in oil or butter. He told me neither, they were cooked in water, so I ate them. I then discovered what looked like butter on the plate where the mushrooms had been. When I showed this to the chef, he told me there was 'butter in the water' and didn't seem to care one bit that he'd knowingly served me something that would make me sick. His attitude was terrible and I have written to the manager about it.
One thing to be careful of if staying here is the minibar, which is automated - ie. if you take a bottle out to look at it, or even knock something over in it, you are automatically charged for it. There is a warning sticker on the minibar but in very small print and I missed it - a costly mistake!
We loved the pool and jacuzzi - definitely the highlight of our stay.
Some of the staff at this hotel were lovely, but this stay was so much less than we expected. Definitely not a five star experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centrally located, the 5 star Hilton Glasgow Hotel is set in the heart of the city’s financial district, with excellent transport links and easy access to the Scottish Exhibition & Conference Centre (SECC). Just 15 minutes from Glasgow International Airport and a a few minutes walk from the city's shopping district; this landmark hotel is perfect for business or leisure. One of Glasgow’s most stylish hotels, Hilton Glasgow offers 319 contemporary bedrooms providing every comfort, designed to make your stay as relaxed as possible. Each room boasts an LCD television with on demand movies, high speed internet access and complimentary toiletries.Keep fit in the hotel’s Livingwell Health Club,relax in The Ocean Rooms Spa or unwind and enjoy afternoon tea in Ti Tea Lounge.Sample Scottish hospitality at it's best in Morblas Seafood and Grill or relax with a cocktail in Connich Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Booking.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Prestigia, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Hilton Glasgow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Glasgow Hotel Glasgow
- Hilton International Glasgow
- Glasgow Hilton International
- Glasgow Hilton Hotel
- Hilton Glasgow Scotland