We are four busy, working mum's who booked a two night stay here for some well deserved 'me time'. We all thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would love to go back. I was a little wary after reading some of the reviews on here (about stained carpets and mouldy bathrooms) and was a bit anxious that one of our rooms would be like this....they weren't.
THE ROOMS - we booked Executive rooms and they were lovely - modern, spacious and most importantly clean. Lovely comfortable beds (only slightly annoying thing was the springs 'pinged' every time you turned over in bed!) We had great views across the City towards the airport - right off the M8 but were not bothered at all by traffic noise (might have been something to do with the fact we were on the 18th floor though!). Very well appointed and had everything you would need - safe, iron, ironing board, hairdryer etc. We arrived early and one of our rooms was ready and were checked in without any problems - we left our luggage and went out shopping, arriving back to lovely shot glasses of freshly squeezed fruit juices. Beds were turned down and towels replenished without having to ask.
THE STAFF - Hilton/Hotel Management should be extremely proud of all their staff at this hotel, they were attentive and extremely helpful at all times right from the moment we arrived and were greeted and assisted by the concierge/s - also helpful about restaurant bookings, taxi's, luggage etc., all the receptionists - but especially Ashley (who seemed to be on duty all the time!), the restaurant staff and housekeeping. I must give a particular mention to Ana in the Executive lounge, she looked after us so well (and made THE best G&T my friend had ever tasted!), she was extremely friendly and helpful; as were the others in the Executive Lounge, but Ana does deserve a particular mention.
THE FOOD - again this was lovely. Well worth the small amount extra we paid for the Executive Rooms as this gave access to the Executive Lounge where we couldn't believe the assortment of food provided as part of their 'afternoon tea' and 'canapes' - we thought we might get tea/coffee and a small cake or biscuit so were very surprised to find three different sorts of finger sandwiches, rice cracker/crisps, crackers, fresh fruit, scones with jam/cream, lovely biscuits and three or four different cakes (all lovely but the strawberry cheesecake and banana loaf were to die for) - all washed down with your choice of hot drink or a cold (soft) drink if you preferred. This was help yourself and we saw the food being replenished frequently and tables etc cleared as soon as you were finished, We weren't sure what to expect of the pre-dinner drinks and canapes and were again pleasantly surprised - bottled beer/lager, choice of wine and spirits or again if you preferred, soft drinks - all served to you. The canapes varied each night with a lovely selection - three hot choices, cheeseboard and biscuits, fruit, crudites, dips/pickles etc, and a choice of three cold canapes - again all lovely and nicely presented. Breakfast was great, lots of choice and the hot food was nice and hot - never had to wait for a table and noticed that those who did only did so for a few minutes. We didn't eat our evening meal in the hotel so can't comment about the restaurant in the evenings.
We also made use of the leisure facilites enjoying a dip in the pool - the pool itself was nice (and warm) but the showers in the changing area really let this down as they were not clean (and we visited first thing in the morning so it wasn't as though they'd been in use all day).
If you are booked to stay at this hotel, lucky you! I'm certain you will have a great time, it's very handy for the centre of Glasgow (approx 10 min stroll) or very cheap for a taxi (which are always available right outside the hotel), only costing around £3.60.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centrally located, the 5 star Hilton Glasgow Hotel is set in the heart of the city’s financial district, with excellent transport links and easy access to the Scottish Exhibition & Conference Centre (SECC). Just 15 minutes from Glasgow International Airport and a a few minutes walk from the city's shopping district; this landmark hotel is perfect for business or leisure. One of Glasgow’s most stylish hotels, Hilton Glasgow offers 319 contemporary bedrooms providing every comfort, designed to make your stay as relaxed as possible. Each room boasts an LCD television with on demand movies, high speed internet access and complimentary toiletries.Keep fit in the hotel’s Livingwell Health Club,relax in The Ocean Rooms Spa or unwind and enjoy afternoon tea in Ti Tea Lounge.Sample Scottish hospitality at it's best in Morblas Seafood and Grill or relax with a cocktail in Connich Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton EMEA, Lastminute, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Prestigia, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hilton Glasgow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Glasgow Hotel Glasgow
- Hilton International Glasgow
- Glasgow Hilton International
- Glasgow Hilton Hotel
- Hilton Glasgow Scotland