this is my 5th stay at this Hilton and it has not aged well. Elevator replacement project in the height of summer season was ill thought out. If you stay here while the renovation is going on stay on a high floor for best odds of getting an elevator with space in it for you/luggage. On way down to breakfast the elevator stopped at every floor and those waiting said they had been waiting 10 minutes or more to get down to the lobby.
Large tour groups/busloads swarmed the buffet at dinner and breakfast so allow extra time to get a table, wait in line while everyone else looks over the food and then eats. Haggis very good (yes, really it was - I've eaten a lot of the stuff since I am married to a Scot).
You have to ask for it, but the Black Pudding for breakfast is outstanding. Also, poached eggs are available upon request.
Room was ok, shopworn carpet and furnishings.
Staff fairly pleasant contrary to recent reviews that staff was uncaring. Harried yes, uncaring, no.
There are better places to stay that are closer walking distance to George Square and Merchant City....if you are staying here on hotel points for free, go ahead and stick it out. If it is your hard earned money, serious consider other alternatives.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centrally located, the 5 star Hilton Glasgow Hotel is set in the heart of the city’s financial district, with excellent transport links and easy access to the Scottish Exhibition & Conference Centre (SECC). Just 15 minutes from Glasgow International Airport and a a few minutes walk from the city's shopping district; this landmark hotel is perfect for business or leisure. One of Glasgow’s most stylish hotels, Hilton Glasgow offers 319 contemporary bedrooms providing every comfort, designed to make your stay as relaxed as possible. Each room boasts an LCD television with on demand movies, high speed internet access and complimentary toiletries.Keep fit in the hotel’s Livingwell Health Club,relax in The Ocean Rooms Spa or unwind and enjoy afternoon tea in Ti Tea Lounge.Sample Scottish hospitality at it's best in Morblas Seafood and Grill or relax with a cocktail in Connich Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton EMEA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Prestigia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Agoda so you can book your Hilton Glasgow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Glasgow Hotel Glasgow
- Hilton International Glasgow
- Glasgow Hilton International
- Glasgow Hilton Hotel
- Hilton Glasgow Scotland