“Renovation and tour bus chaos - Room 1507”
Review of Hilton Glasgow

Hilton Glasgow
Ranked #31 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Los Angeles, California
“Renovation and tour bus chaos - Room 1507”
Reviewed 15 August 2011

this is my 5th stay at this Hilton and it has not aged well. Elevator replacement project in the height of summer season was ill thought out. If you stay here while the renovation is going on stay on a high floor for best odds of getting an elevator with space in it for you/luggage. On way down to breakfast the elevator stopped at every floor and those waiting said they had been waiting 10 minutes or more to get down to the lobby.

Large tour groups/busloads swarmed the buffet at dinner and breakfast so allow extra time to get a table, wait in line while everyone else looks over the food and then eats. Haggis very good (yes, really it was - I've eaten a lot of the stuff since I am married to a Scot).

You have to ask for it, but the Black Pudding for breakfast is outstanding. Also, poached eggs are available upon request.

Room was ok, shopworn carpet and furnishings.

Staff fairly pleasant contrary to recent reviews that staff was uncaring. Harried yes, uncaring, no.

There are better places to stay that are closer walking distance to George Square and Merchant City....if you are staying here on hotel points for free, go ahead and stick it out. If it is your hard earned money, serious consider other alternatives.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
HiltonGlasgow, Manager at Hilton Glasgow, responded to this review, 28 September 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Hilton Glasgow.

I am pleased to learn that you enjoyed your breakfast during your stay and for your kind comments about our team.

I am, however, extremely sorry to hear that other areas did not meet your expectations, in particular the lift service and the furnishings in room 1507.

I have passed on your comments to our Front of House Manager who will ensure that the new lift procedure, which will see alternative lifts used in peak times, is continually monitored and an audit of the bedroom is carried out and remedial action taken where necessary

Once again, I would like to thank you for taking the time to pass on your comments as these are invaluable in ensuring that we maintain our standards.

Please do not hesitate to contact me through sales.glasgow@hilton.com or alternatively please call Lisa in the Business Development Department on 0141 204 5555 should you wish to discuss this further.

Kind Regards,

Lisa

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (583)
  • Turkish first
Dunfermline, United Kingdom

we stayed here for the world pipe band championships for 2nights
on arrival checking in staff very efficient and friendly explained services within the hotel
we had a meal on the first night and it was exceptional and service very good
breakfast on both days very good and staff could not have been more helpful
our room on the 6th floor was recently refurbished and excellent
the room was cleaned to a high standard
checking out was easy and car parking for 2 nights was £20.00 cheap for glasgow

Room Tip: ensure you have a room that has been refurbished
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
HiltonGlasgow, Manager at Hilton Glasgow, responded to this review, 20 September 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Hilton Glasgow.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time at the hotel and in particular the service and the food.

I would also like to thank you for awarding us full marks, this is always a pleasure to feed back to our team members.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Kind regards
smallfield
Reviewed 15 August 2011

Staff brillant. The room was good size and very clean. Try the spa it was fab. Breakfast was fantastic. If your visiting Glasgow stay here very close to town I will be staying here again

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Hilton Glasgow.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel, in particular the Spa and our Hilton breakfast.

I would also like to thank you for your kind comment about the team and for awarding us full marks.

We all look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Glasgow in the near future.

Kind regards
sheffield, uk
Reviewed 14 August 2011

We had an exec room on the 18th floor which had a lovely view towards the university. The exec lounge was lovely and a peaceful haven. Room wasn't huge but was comfortable and nicely decorated.

• Stayed August 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Hilton Glasgow.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and would like to thank you for awarding us full marks.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Grimsby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 August 2011

Second time I have stayed here on business.

Not that easy to find the hotel if you are arriving on foot. Main areas are nice, restaurant was really quiet so service was good & foot was piping hot. Bedrooms are a bit dated but are comfy & you can't hear the traffic given you are right next to the M8 Motorway. One of the lifts is currently being refurbed & out of use, so be prepared to wait a while during peak times!

Really enjoyed breakfast with a great choice. Reception staff could be a bit more attentive if there is an issue it seems to take two or more of the team to sort it out & they leave you standing.

All in all not bad, but would like the rooms to be a bit less dated for £145.00 a night.

Room Tip: If you can afford it get an upgrade
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Hilton Glasgow.

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your Hilton breakfast however felt that other areas did not meet your expectations. I have spoken with the Front Office Manager who has assured me that the continued training focus will be on customer care and how to communicate with our guests.

Hilton Glasgow is currently going through an extensive lift replacement programme, which will take some time. We have recently rolled out a new lift procedure which will see alternative lifts used in peak times.

Kind Regards

Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 August 2011

Hilton lived up to all their promises. I was dubious but Eugiene in bookings assured me if they had all the information they would beable to advise me if they could accommodate us.
Prior to taking the booking, the hotel engineer checked the molift hoist website to ensure we could use our hoist in the room. The wet shower was excellent for me to access in my dolphin bathchair.
The reception staff met us on arrival and couldn't do enough whilst I supervised moving my equipment in to the room.
They moved and cleared furniture out of the room to make our 1 NIGHT! stay very comfortable.
Value for money is an understatement thanks to those reception staff.

Room Tip: Give as much information as you have.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
HiltonGlasgow, Manager at Hilton Glasgow, responded to this review, 19 September 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Hilton Glasgow.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Hilton Glasgow and the room facilities met with your expectations.

I would also like to thank you for awarding us full marks and for mentioning Eugene and the Reception team. We have an internal recognition programme and it is always great to be able to highlight and reward team members specifically.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kindest Regards
Prince George
Reviewed 4 August 2011

If you need two beds you have an uncomfortable normal bed and a really bad cot to sleep on. No wifi above the 3rd floor and you have to pay to sit in the lobby and use it and it's quite expensive. The maid didn't clean our room once and the floor had probably 5 stains. It was disgusting and for $300? No just no. I'm glad we went paying for that one. Also not close to any restaurants really. On a positive note the service was usually stellar and the complimentary breakfast in the morning was very good too. But not a great hotel.

• Stayed July 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Hilton Glasgow.

I am pleased to learn that you enjoyed your Hilton breakfast and the positive service our team provided during your stay.

I am, however, extremely sorry to hear that other areas did not meet your expectations and I have passed on your comments to our Head Housekeeper.

As part of the ongoing review of our products and services we offer to our guest, I am pleased to say that from September 23rd 2011 Wi-Fi will be available in all public areas and bedrooms at the hotel.
Internet charges will apply and are consistent across the Hilton brand.

Should you plan to visit Glasgow in the near future I hope that you will return to the hotel and allow us the opportunity to deliver the experience you would expect.

Kind Regards