“Very impressed!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #30 of 96 Hotels in Glasgow
Cumbria, United Kingdom
“Very impressed!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2012

Will defo be returning! Great location and great hotel

• Stayed February 2012
Lisa L, Manager at Hilton Glasgow, responded to this review, 22 February 2012
Dear sdf,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Hilton Glasgow and for awarding us full marks.

It is always great to share positive feedback with our team.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Lisa

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (555)
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2012

I stayed here for one night on business. The room was of a very good size, it was very clean and had a nice big TV and was well furnished. It also had a decent desk - always a good thing when you are on business. The welcome at reception was good and there were also staff on hand to direct me to the first available elevator - a nice touch.

Upon entering my room it was extremely hot and despite turning the air conditioning down low, very hot air continued to come into the room from the vents. A quick call to reception was answered promptly and I was told that if I gave it a few minutes it would cool down - which it did. Not a problem I have encountered before - perhaps housekeeping should ensure that the settings are not turned up too high when they service the rooms? I have no grumbles though as within a few minutes it all worked perfectly.

A good hotel for business and a very central location.

Room Tip: Rooms on the top floors have a better view
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Lisa L, Manager at Hilton Glasgow, responded to this review, 22 February 2012
Dear Sirbalkinesobranie,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Hilton Glasgow.

I am delighted to hear your welcome was good at reception and you found your room a good size, clean and well furnished.

I have passed on your feedback regarding the air conditioning to our Facilities Manager and Head Housekeeper.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Northumberland National Park, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2012

I got a great deal here as a 'walk-in' and bagged an 'Executive Room' including a fine breakfast for little more than budget hotel prices.

Only staying 1 night I just had a quick look at the facilities on offer but what I saw was impressive-fitness suite, pool, jacuzzi and sauna.

A grilled rib-eye steak in the bar was my dish of choice and my selection was justified-quite delicious!

All in all, this is now my 'Glasgow Hotel' and ongoing improvement works promise even better surroundings in the future!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Lisa L, Manager at Hilton Glasgow, responded to this review, 21 February 2012
Dear pietros_puckerino,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Hilton Glasgow.

It’s wonderful to hear we are your 'Glasgow Hotel' and great to be able to feedback such positive comments to our team.
I am delighted that you were able to take advantage of one of our many offers on this occasion and that you enjoyed your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future

Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2012

I booked the Hilton as a stopover before flying to Belfast for the weekend. I was quite surprised at the price which was £78 for bed and breakfast for two people sharing, which I thought was very reasonable at short notice for a 5* hotel.
The room was huge and very nicely decorated with a massive comfortable bed. It also had a leather couch and a nice bathroom. As we only stayed for one night there wasn't a lot of interaction with the staff, but those I did encounter were very friendly and helpful. I would highly recommend the breakfast which provides a huge choice and was very tasty.
The only drawback and the reason I didn't give the hotel a 5* rating is the location. It is right beside the motorway, not the best view but that's not the main issue. We decided to go for a bite to eat and walked to and from the hotel to the city centre. This is not a particularly nice route and takes in some dodgy and poorly light streets. I can see why there is a constant taxi queue outside the hotel and would suggest this is probably the safest, if not the more expensive way to get around.

Room Tip: I only booked the basic Queen Hilton guest room and I'm not sure if this was upgraded on check i...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Hugh M
Lisa L, Manager at Hilton Glasgow, responded to this review, 21 February 2012
Dear Hugh M,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Hilton Glasgow.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your room and that you found the team members you encountered to be very friendly and helpful. I would also like to thank you for highly recommending our breakfast.

I am sorry to hear that the only drawback for you was our location and your comments have been noted.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future,

Como, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2012

I arrived at 8pm after a long drive from Wales and was surprised that I was not greeted by a concierge. I had to unload my own bags then park my own car in the nearby public carpark. The rooms were fairly comfortable and typical Hilton. As mentioned by other reviewers one of the lifts was out of service and to make things worse a second lift was also put out of service the following morning. To get free WiFi you had to be in the lobby otherwise you had to pay a ridiculously high charge to have access in your room. This is a blatant rip off and the sooner that these hotels realise that by charging for internet they are loosing customers the better. After going out in the evening I tried to park my car back in the public carpark but couldnt as the automatic arm kept on coming down almost hitting my car. In frustration I parked it at the front of the hotel and gave my keys to the desk. The next morning I received a lecture from the concierge about leaving my car there and how I could have been a terrorist. I promptly gave him a lecture on proper customer service and the importance of communciation between staff. The breakfast was excellent. The steamed Haggis was brilliant! After breakfast I would normally go back to my room to do some work on my computer but I was forced to sit in the lobby to access the free WiFi. Next thing a jackhammer is started behind a false wall where renovations are taking place. This level of noise in a hotel lobby is unacceptable. Surely they could insulate the work area to protect guests. Unfortunately I had to put up with it as I had work to do. I stormed out of this hotel 1 hour later with a shocking headache vowing to never return. I raised this with a member of staff during checkout and got a shrug of the shoulders as if she was sick of hearing about it. In hindsight I probably would stay at this hotel again but only if teh renovatiosn were completed and if tehy had complimentary WiFi.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Dineman69
Lisa L, Manager at Hilton Glasgow, responded to this review, 8 February 2012
Dear Dineman69,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Hilton Glasgow.

Firstly, I would like to take this opportunity to apologise for the level of service and standards you received during your recent stay.

I have discussed each point you have highlighted with our Management team to address and resolve appropriately with their teams.

Hilton Glasgow is consistently reviewing the products and services we offer to our guest. The internet charges are consistent across the Hilton brand, however, I will certainly pass on your comments.

On a positive note I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your breakfast and have passed on your comments to our Head Chef.

Once again, thank you for your constructive feedback. All forms of feedback are invaluable in ensuring we maintain our high level of service and standards.

Please do not hesitate to contact me should you wish to discuss this further.

Kindest Regards
Business Development Department
0141 204 5555
Glasgow
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2012

Stayed here before Christmas as we were going to a show in SECC (Russell Howard - who was also amazing!). Hotel was fabulous. Rooms were huge and decor was fantastic. We arrived around lunch time and as we were early for check in we were hoping staff would let us drop our bags so that we could head out for a look around town. The ladies on reception couldn't have been more helpful - they checked system for available rooms and let us check in there and then (about 2 hrs early). We are already looking forward to going back for another visit! Great views of the city too.

Room Tip: High floors have better city views
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank H0lly_Bags
Lisa L, Manager at Hilton Glasgow, responded to this review, 8 February 2012
Dear H0lly_Bags,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Hilton Glasgow.

I am delighted to read your positive comments regarding the hotel and the team and would like to thank you for awarding us full marks.

I have passed on your review to our Reception Manager as we have an internal recognition programme and it is always great to be able to highlight and reward team members specifically.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2012

Stayed one night in Glasgow on our way to highlands and Hilton had a very good rates compared to other hotels and although not quite in the centre of the city it was OK to walk from there to the centre.Room, service and breakfast was standard Hilton quality and liked the decor of the restaurant.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Lisa L, Manager at Hilton Glasgow, responded to this review, 7 February 2012
Dear H P,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Hilton Glasgow.

I am pleased to hear that you had a good stay at the hotel and have passed on your feedback to the team.

Should you plan to visit Glasgow in the near future I do hope that you will come and stay with us again.