I actually tried to cancel my booking after seeing reviews on this site, but it was non-refundable. However my room was clean and comfortable and on the 12th floor thereby avoiding most of the noise from the motorway slap bang next door. But for a 5 star hotel their eye for detail was missing - broken towel rail in bathroom, broken floor lamp (supported by back of a chair), locked minibar with no explanantion as to why (mind you having seeing the minibar prices this was perhaps just as well), small holes in bed linen, interlocking double doors with room next door, so heard them and they must have heard me, room doors that self shut so everyone lets them bang shut in the middle of the night. Just to make noise levels worse, guests the other side of me, decided to have a blazing argument for a couple of hours. Hotel was very busy on a Saturday night but I caught up on sleep the previous nights.
One lift is still out of action causing queues at peak times particulalry the breakfast/morning check out rush. Breakfast itself was fine and efficiently served. The location is odd for a 5 star hotel - not the prettiest part of Glasgow by any means and the first impression was that the area was not safe at night if walking. In fact it was safe, but the best way to get to the city centre on foot is to turn left out of the hotel, use the path through the small garden, walk down the hill by the busy slip road from the M8 and turn left at the Marriott Hotel and you will be on Argyll Street. Central Station is just 10 minutes walk and Queen Street Station is 20 minutes.
My other tip is to avoid the room internet and wifi connections as these are charged at extortionate rates. I have stayed in 2 and 3 star hotels before and got these facilities free. Pool was fine with clean changing areas. All this being said, I have stayed in much better 5 star hotels and my stay merely confirmed my thoughts that the Hilton chain has lost its way in the competition. I would not stay there again unless there were bargain rates available.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centrally located, the 5 star Hilton Glasgow Hotel is set in the heart of the city’s financial district, with excellent transport links and easy access to the Scottish Exhibition & Conference Centre (SECC). Just 15 minutes from Glasgow International Airport and a a few minutes walk from the city's shopping district; this landmark hotel is perfect for business or leisure. One of Glasgow’s most stylish hotels, Hilton Glasgow offers 319 contemporary bedrooms providing every comfort, designed to make your stay as relaxed as possible. Each room boasts an LCD television with on demand movies, high speed internet access and complimentary toiletries.Keep fit in the hotel’s Livingwell Health Club,relax in The Ocean Rooms Spa or unwind and enjoy afternoon tea in Ti Tea Lounge.Sample Scottish hospitality at it's best in Morblas Seafood and Grill or relax with a cocktail in Connich Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Hilton EMEA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Glasgow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Glasgow Hotel Glasgow
- Hilton International Glasgow
- Glasgow Hilton International
- Glasgow Hilton Hotel
- Hilton Glasgow Scotland