My wife and I booked into the Hilton as a treat for our wedding anniversary, we arrived on the afternoon of Saturday 31st March and booked in and were allocated room 1916. On approaching the room there was a tray lying outside an adjacent room with dirty plates, cups etc., which remained there until sometime during the night.
When we entered the room I must admit we were both disappointed with the overall size especially with the bathroom which I can only describe as being 2 star standard. The bath was tiny and the in bath shower leaked onto the floor no matter what way you set the curtain.
The furniture and especially the work tops carried scars from years of use and the overall room looked very tired, which was not what you would expect from an Executive Suite.
We dined that evening in the Hotel’s restaurant and selected the only Rose wine from the wine list. The waiter then left to retrieve our wine only to return empty handed and informed us that you had run out of it last night?
We both felt this was very poor service especially since it was the only Rose on the list and that you had a whole day to restock even with an alternative.
The meal itself was from the buffet and carvery which we can only describe as average. It was certainly not the standard expected in a 5 star Hotel.
We retired for the evening after the meal and awoke the following morning to find a letter had been posted under our door which turned out to be a bill for our stay and informing us that we were only booked in for 1 night? This caused much confusion and aggregation especially since I was certain that I had booked for 2 nights.
Eventually I contacted reception and was told to ignore the bill and we had indeed booked for 2 nights?
Breakfast was in a buffet manner which was very poor with the scrambled eggs being dry and the sausages & bacon not appetising in the slightest.
On the second evening we opted to dine out and upon or return we thought we would have a night cap before retiring and walked over and stood at the reception bar. There was approximately 7 people sitting at the bar and several others sitting in the surrounding bar area. There was 5 bar staff on duty who were busy scurrying about and after a couple of minutes one of them came over to us and informed us that, “We are very busy, if you take a seat I will get to you as soon as I can.”
I’m sorry, but there was only 7 people sitting at the bar area and not many more seated in the surrounding area? We were both stunned by this and took a seat and waited for several minutes before giving up and retiring for the evening.
Our overall 1st time experience of staying at the Glasgow Hilton Hotel was not what we expected at all even taking into consideration that there was a major refit being undertaken. The Executive Suite was a major disappointment, the food was average and the overall experience was disappointing.
Having upgraded to an Executive Suite as a treat and staying for 2 nights, we are both of the opinion that the Hilton does not deserve its 5 star rating.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centrally located, the 5 star Hilton Glasgow Hotel is set in the heart of the city’s financial district, with excellent transport links and easy access to the Scottish Exhibition & Conference Centre (SECC). Just 15 minutes from Glasgow International Airport and a a few minutes walk from the city's shopping district; this landmark hotel is perfect for business or leisure. One of Glasgow’s most stylish hotels, Hilton Glasgow offers 319 contemporary bedrooms providing every comfort, designed to make your stay as relaxed as possible. Each room boasts an LCD television with on demand movies, high speed internet access and complimentary toiletries.Keep fit in the hotel’s Livingwell Health Club,relax in The Ocean Rooms Spa or unwind and enjoy afternoon tea in Ti Tea Lounge.Sample Scottish hospitality at it's best in Morblas Seafood and Grill or relax with a cocktail in Connich Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Booking.com, Prestigia, Lastminute, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Hilton Glasgow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Glasgow Hotel Glasgow
- Hilton International Glasgow
- Glasgow Hilton International
- Glasgow Hilton Hotel
- Hilton Glasgow Scotland