Hilton Glasgow
US$402
US$323
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Grand Central Hotel(Glasgow)(Great Value!)
US$235
US$191
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Jurys Inn Glasgow(Glasgow)(Great Value!)
US$168
Orbitz.com
US$188
US$172
US$147
PremierInn.com
  • Free Internet
3,599 results
All reviewsthe executive loungecity centreleisure facilitieshigh floorhaggismini barcar parkporridgebreakfast was excellentfamily roomstayed for one nightself servicemotorwayconciergesaunataxislift
Reviewed 8 April 2012

Stayed one night for a 60th birthday celebration and was looking for somewhere special. Overall the Glasgow Hilton came up to expectations.

Location is very convenient for the city centre with easy access off the M8. Car parking was handy and secure with its own entrance in to the hotel. Check in was efficient and the porter service excellent, William seemed very interested in our stay at the hotel and provided a very welcome introduction to the hotel and facilities.

Our room was on the 14th floor and the views over the city were breath-taking. Generally everything was fine with the room apart from a couple of gripes. We were a party of three and were disappointed to find a fold down sofa bed as the second bed, it turned out not to be that comfortable either. You would have thought that if you pay full rate for three adults in a 5 star room that you should get proper beds. Second thing was that the plug in the washbasin would not stay in place so the water kept running out. Other than that the room was fine and certainly no problems with the housekeeping.

Perhaps I should also comment on the wifi charges. In this day and age to charge £15 for wifi is not acceptable. Fortunately there was a good 3G mobile signal so I was able to use my phone to connect to the internet.

The leisure centre was excellent, very clean and well managed.

Breakfast was among one of the best I have ever had in a hotel. Not only was the service excellent but the quality and selection of the food on offer was just what you would expect in a 5 Star hotel with a very attentive chef on duty to cook eggs just the way you want them. The hash browns in particular were outstanding!

Overall the Hilton hit the mark and would have no hesitation in recommending.

Room Tip: The higher level rooms have the best views.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Lisa L, Manager at Hilton Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2012

Dear Bobsatravellin,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Hilton Glasgow.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your 60th birthday with us and would like to thank you for the detailed feedback.

I would also like to thank you for mentioning William from the Concierge team personally and our breakfast chef. We have an internal recognition programme and it is always great to be able to highlight and reward team members specifically.

I do not have the full details of your reservation however I do believe you stayed in one of our family rooms which does offer a sofa bed, we do advise on our website and room description that the maximum occupancy is 2 adults & 2 children.
As part of our on-going focus on products and services we introduced our Double Double rooms in autumn 2011, which are suitable for up to 4 adults.

The internet charges are consistent across the Hilton brand, however, I will certainly pass on your comments.

It’s great to hear you enjoyed our leisure facilities and our breakfast is one of the best!
Once again, thank you for your constructive feedback. All forms of feedback are invaluable in ensuring we maintain our high level of service and standards.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 6 April 2012

stayed with my girlfriend for a night, hotel was of a good standard and our room was very clean, the breakfast was lovely and staff were very helpful. I would recommend this hotel to anyone

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear Jamie H,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Hilton Glasgow.

It’s great to hear you had a good stay and I have shared your comments with the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 4 April 2012

My wife and I booked into the Hilton as a treat for our wedding anniversary, we arrived on the afternoon of Saturday 31st March and booked in and were allocated room 1916. On approaching the room there was a tray lying outside an adjacent room with dirty plates, cups etc., which remained there until sometime during the night.

When we entered the room I must admit we were both disappointed with the overall size especially with the bathroom which I can only describe as being 2 star standard. The bath was tiny and the in bath shower leaked onto the floor no matter what way you set the curtain.

The furniture and especially the work tops carried scars from years of use and the overall room looked very tired, which was not what you would expect from an Executive Suite.

We dined that evening in the Hotel’s restaurant and selected the only Rose wine from the wine list. The waiter then left to retrieve our wine only to return empty handed and informed us that you had run out of it last night?

We both felt this was very poor service especially since it was the only Rose on the list and that you had a whole day to restock even with an alternative.

The meal itself was from the buffet and carvery which we can only describe as average. It was certainly not the standard expected in a 5 star Hotel.

We retired for the evening after the meal and awoke the following morning to find a letter had been posted under our door which turned out to be a bill for our stay and informing us that we were only booked in for 1 night? This caused much confusion and aggregation especially since I was certain that I had booked for 2 nights.

Eventually I contacted reception and was told to ignore the bill and we had indeed booked for 2 nights?

Breakfast was in a buffet manner which was very poor with the scrambled eggs being dry and the sausages & bacon not appetising in the slightest.

On the second evening we opted to dine out and upon or return we thought we would have a night cap before retiring and walked over and stood at the reception bar. There was approximately 7 people sitting at the bar and several others sitting in the surrounding bar area. There was 5 bar staff on duty who were busy scurrying about and after a couple of minutes one of them came over to us and informed us that, “We are very busy, if you take a seat I will get to you as soon as I can.”

I’m sorry, but there was only 7 people sitting at the bar area and not many more seated in the surrounding area? We were both stunned by this and took a seat and waited for several minutes before giving up and retiring for the evening.

Our overall 1st time experience of staying at the Glasgow Hilton Hotel was not what we expected at all even taking into consideration that there was a major refit being undertaken. The Executive Suite was a major disappointment, the food was average and the overall experience was disappointing.

Having upgraded to an Executive Suite as a treat and staying for 2 nights, we are both of the opinion that the Hilton does not deserve its 5 star rating.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alan B
Reviewed 2 April 2012

I booked this hotel for my girlfriends birthday and because I had never stayed at a Hilton
before. After being in the Hilton, it is clear I am paying for the “prestige” of staying in a Hilton.
As soon as I walked into the room, it could easily have been mistaken for a sauna or steam
room. There were no radiators in the room to adjust the heating and the “window” was a
glass pane looking onto the roof of an adjacent building. During the night I got woken up
by the sound of upstairs shower getting turned on (which was similar to the sound of a ship
coming into docks! and it took 10 minutes to get from only the 6th floor down to the 2nd floor.
There were signs saying that the elevators were getting upgraded but it was quicker to get
an elevator going up and then going back down. For the money spent on the room, I have
stayed in much better places for less. There were some positives, the staff were friendly and
accommodating and there was a taxi rank right outside the hotel but all in all, as “prestigious”
as it was staying in the Hilton, think it will be my first and last.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank John R
Lisa L, Manager at Hilton Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2012

Dear John R

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Hilton Glasgow.

I am extremely sorry to hear that the hotel did not meet your expectations, in particular your room.

Our bedrooms have an air conditioning unit that supplies both hot and cold air, there is a remote control in each room, so that our guests may control the temperature to their liking. Our reception team are always happy to help advise our guests on how to operate the system. Indeed, our windows on the 6th floor do not open as part of our Health and Safety policy.

Your comments regarding the noise from the room above have been noted and passed onto our engineering department.

On a positive note it’s great to hear of our friendly and accommodating staff and I do hope that you will return to the hotel in the near future.

Please do not hesitate to contact me should you wish to discuss this further.

Kindest Regards
Business Development Department
0141 204 5555
Sales.glasgow@hilton.com

Reviewed 1 April 2012

First time stay with friends in this hotel. Very comforable hotel with parking and handy for the motorway. Room size adequate.
Like my recent stays in Hilton Hotels they appear to have a problem with housekeeping. Small items like toiletries, cups, glasses and towels not always in the room. When asked it was a long time in arriving. Could do better

Room Tip: Ask for room 12th Floor and above. Good view of the city
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Lisa L, Manager at Hilton Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2012

Dear Jim D,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Hilton Glasgow.

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found the hotel ideal for the city centre and touring.

I'm sorry to hear of lack of items in your room and have passed on your feedback to our Executive House Keeper to include in the on-going customer care focus training.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

Kind Regards