On arrival we were greeted by nobody so carried our own bags to the reception desk and up to the room. Check-in was quick but that was due to being part of Hilton Honours and the pre-populated check-in form.
Our request for a room away from the elevator was met with having a room immediately opposite so we got to hear people returning from their evenings out. We were only staying one night so could not be bothered to get involved in discussions that invariably end up with staff acting put out by your complaint.
One of the lifts was out of operation at the hotel so waiting to go up and down (I think it's 20 storeys) was time consuming. It got to the stage that we and other customers timed how long it would take for the lift to arrive. It was several minutes on a number of occasions.
The pool and sauna, etc, were good if a little small once more than four people got into the pool. The room was large with good facilities and was in good condition. The taps in the bathroom made bizarre howling sounds no matter the different pressures you tried.
The worst part of our stay was the fire alarm at 6:40am that caused the hotel to be evacuated. We waited outside and then after waiting for twenty minutes started to walk back in with everyone else to smell the burnt toast that had set the fire alarm off. Nobody apologised, we were not allowed to use the restaurant for a cup of tea before going back to bed and the wait for the lifts was going to be a long one.
We went down for breakfast a little later than we would normally and the restaurant was in bad shape. A lot of items had run out, staff were milling around and lots of tables had still to be clearead. The floors were noticeably dirty to the extent that our feet started sticking to the floor as we walked.
On check-out, not a word was said to us about the incovenience caused by the fire alarm. A friendly apology would have sufficed....it was a fire alarm so we were grateful that the systems worked but then it was their toaster that set it off.......
We've stayed at other Hiltons in the UK and they have been generally expensive, poorly furnished and with poor customer service. A pity they have not managed to create the experience that you have outside the UK. We gave Hilton a try this time because of good experiences overseas. We won't be doing it again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centrally located, the 5 star Hilton Glasgow Hotel is set in the heart of the city’s financial district, with excellent transport links and easy access to the Scottish Exhibition & Conference Centre (SECC). Just 15 minutes from Glasgow International Airport and a a few minutes walk from the city's shopping district; this landmark hotel is perfect for business or leisure. One of Glasgow’s most stylish hotels, Hilton Glasgow offers 319 contemporary bedrooms providing every comfort, designed to make your stay as relaxed as possible. Each room boasts an LCD television with on demand movies, high speed internet access and complimentary toiletries.Keep fit in the hotel’s Livingwell Health Club,relax in The Ocean Rooms Spa or unwind and enjoy afternoon tea in Ti Tea Lounge.Sample Scottish hospitality at it's best in Morblas Seafood and Grill or relax with a cocktail in Connich Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton EMEA, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Ctrip TA, Prestigia, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HRS, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Hilton Glasgow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Glasgow Hotel Glasgow
- Hilton International Glasgow
- Glasgow Hilton International
- Glasgow Hilton Hotel
- Hilton Glasgow Scotland