“Would stay again in a heartbeat !”
Review of Hilton Glasgow

Hilton Glasgow
Ranked #31 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed 27 September 2012

It has been a few years since I have been to Scotland and I have never previously travelled to Glasgow - but was glad I made the effort. It was such a shame that I was only staying here for one night as I attended a concert at the SECC. Great location and the hotel facilities are first class. It is impressive to see that the recent refurbishment compliments the professional and caring team that clearly enjoy working here. My room was extremely spacious and located on a high floor which meant that I had some awesome views of the city. The room service food was simply fantastic - the best "Chicken Tikka Masala" that I have ever had !! The young lady who delivered my meal was very good - she even talked me into trying Irn-Bru. From the friendly women who helped me in the business centre to the breakfast team and the reception staff - they all made me feel welcomed. If I could find fault in anything - it would only be the rude doorman, who obviously has a very strong "Glaswegian accent" and didn't like repeating himself to me. As a result I called my own taxi over from the taxi rank - as he continued to roll his eyes at me and muttered under his breath. Such a shame … that he is the first and last impression that a guest receives when staying. I have recommended this hotel to many of my friends and if given the opportunity to return to Glasgow in the future ... would stay again in a heartbeat !

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
Lisa L, Manager at Hilton Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2012

Dear BlackWitchNZ69,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Hilton Glasgow during your recent visit to city and for awarding us full marks.

I’m so glad that you got the opportunity to visit Glasgow this time and chose to stay with us.

I have passed on your kind comments to our Food and Beverage and Front of House Managers, to share your fantastic feedback regarding our food and service with their staff.

I am disappointed to read of your experience with our doorman and would like to take this opportunity to apologise on behalf of the Concierge team. This is not the kind of service we strive to achieve and can assure you that appropriate action has been taken.

On a positive note, it’s fantastic to hear that given the opportunity to visit Glasgow in the future you would stay with us again. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back.

Kind regards,

There are newer reviews for Hilton Glasgow

Reviewed 26 September 2012

My wife and I have just spent three days at The Hilton Glasgow. This is a magnificent hotel, well managed with professional, friendly, helpful and attentive staff. The hotel is situated close to the M8 motorway. It is just a ten minute walk to the City Centre shops. Glasgow's Charing Cross Railway Station is just a four minute walk, from where one can take a train to most of Scotland. A direct train to Edinburgh takes just over one hour. The hotel is well decorated and furnished, and has an excellent Living Well Club. The bar lounge is very comfortable. Those guests who use Executive Rooms will find the Executive Lounge most inviting. The food is very good, the rooms are lovely with comfortable beds. What more could one want?

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 September 2012

It's always a pleasure to return to this hotel. I was upgraded with Hilton honours. On this occasion I did not have dinner in hotel. The new bar area is very nice. The buffet breakfast first class and the reception staff friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business

Dear malky186533

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Hilton Glasgow and for awarding us full marks.

It’s always a pleasure to share positive reviews with the team, particularly from our Hilton Honours members.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 25 September 2012

Thoroughly enjoyed our lunch last Sunday. The carvery was fantastic, the staff were very attentive and the place so clean and comfortable. Would defenately go back, hope to get copy of menu that I have asked for as my family would like to go back.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends

Dear NessieDonnell,

Thank you for taking the time to review your Sunday Carvery lunch at Hilton Glasgow.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your lunch, our Morblas staff really appreciate the 5/5 rating.

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Please feel free to email the Morblas team at fb.glasgow@hilton.com for menu details.

Reviewed 24 September 2012

Just back from an overnight stay at Hilton Glasgow...Right from the check in the staff were friendly and helpful.We were on the 9th floor in a lovely spacious room, that looked refurbished.We had a nice lunch on arrival, which was very good value and again the staff were really friendly and attentive.We then used the leisure facilities which was enjoyable, but would say some refurbishment is needed in that area.The breakfast choice was super and plenty of it, even although we went down to breakfast pretty near cut off time....Will be back in the near future to clock up some more Hilton honour points! Didnt get a chance to mention before we left that the shower in 912,seemed to only do cold water!!

Room Tip: 9th floor seemed to be really quiet and had excellent views across the City
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends

Dear Hillij61,

It’s great to hear of your excellent overnight stay and to receive such positive feedback regarding our staff.

I have noted your comment regarding the shower in 912, thank you.

We’re also delighted to hear that you will stay with us again and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 23 September 2012

We spent another lovely weekend here and it was a surprise to see it has been refurbished. Minsky's restaurant is no longer there. However the bar served something adequate to eat around tea time and it was tasty. The main restaurant did not open until later. The staff are all very helpful.

Room Tip: A room on a high level gives a great view.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Frances D,

Thank you for taking the time to review your weekend stay at Hilton Glasgow and for awarding us full marks.

It’s great to hear you had a lovely weekend and to read your kind comments on our helpful staff.

We do hope you will have the opportunity to stay with us again and sample our Morblas Restaurant and Ti Lounge.

Reviewed 22 September 2012

I arrived early and had to wait just an hour for a room. This is a positive comment - I expected to have to wait longer! Reception staff were extremely pleasant and very efficient.

I stayed in a family room. The room was immaculate and, although I looked hard, I couldn't find a thing wrong. The room was a good size, smelt pleasant on entry and the bed was very comfortable. The room was very quiet and you wouldn't have known anyone else was in the hotel once the door was closed.

Was there on business. Facilities were good, food was enjoyable. Breakfast was the highlight for me - a huge selection and perfectly cooked, quality food.

The only constructive comment is that they should continue to do what they're doing.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business

Dear mynameisnotpaul,

It is always a pleasure to read positive reviews from our guests and to share these with our team.

I am so pleased that you enjoyed your room and the hotel’s facilities, in particular our Hilton Breakfast.

On behalf of the team, we really appreciate your kind feedback and will continue to do what we are doing to ensure all our guests leave with such a positive experience.

We do hope to see you soon.