My husband and I have stayed several times now at this hotel and we do really like it. Our room had recently been refurbished and was very nice. I'm a HHonours member and do ask every time if an upgrade is possible, but have never been upgraded - oh well, always worth a try!
We had drinks in the bar which has also had a face-lift and it was a very relaxing space with good service.
We then had dinner in the restaurant which was a carvery. My meal was very disappointing. The seafood and vegetables were over-cooked and swimming in liquid. I ended up eating very little and was very disappointed that we had spent such a lot of money on a poor quality meal when we could have headed in to the city centre.
We have eaten in the hotel before and had really good meals. They have refurbished the restaurant and it now looks like a Travelodge or similar. Very plain and bland lacking the character it had as Minsky's. Breakfast was good, but the staff no longer bring fresh coffee and juice to the table. Coffee is self-service via a machine - fine for the Travelodge but not for a 5* hotel.
Check-in and out was very efficient with excellent customer service from lovely, attentive staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centrally located, the 5 star Hilton Glasgow Hotel is set in the heart of the city’s financial district, with excellent transport links and easy access to the Scottish Exhibition & Conference Centre (SECC). Just 15 minutes from Glasgow International Airport and a a few minutes walk from the city's shopping district; this landmark hotel is perfect for business or leisure. One of Glasgow’s most stylish hotels, Hilton Glasgow offers 319 contemporary bedrooms providing every comfort, designed to make your stay as relaxed as possible. Each room boasts an LCD television with on demand movies, high speed internet access and complimentary toiletries.Keep fit in the hotel’s Livingwell Health Club,relax in The Ocean Rooms Spa or unwind and enjoy afternoon tea in Ti Tea Lounge.Sample Scottish hospitality at it's best in Morblas Seafood and Grill or relax with a cocktail in Connich Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hilton EMEA, Priceline, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Glasgow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Glasgow Hotel Glasgow
- Hilton International Glasgow
- Glasgow Hilton International
- Glasgow Hilton Hotel
- Hilton Glasgow Scotland