Hilton Glasgow
US$320
US$207
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Jurys Inn Glasgow(Glasgow)(Great Value!)
US$167
Agoda.com
US$390
US$340
  • Restaurant
Grand Central Hotel(Glasgow)(Great Value!)
US$203
  • Free Internet
US$204
Cancelon
3,602 results
All reviewsthe executive loungecity centreleisure facilitieshigh floorhaggismini barcar parkporridgebreakfast was excellentfamily roomstayed for one nightself servicemotorwayconciergesaunataxislift
Reviewed 3 April 2013

Because of its location it is a bit of a hike to some of the attractions but very close to Shandon Belles, which was great and very good value! The starters and puddings particularly good, mains a bit disappointing but good value and wine very reasonable; staff especially helpful and attentive. Restaurant receptionist at Hilton particularly helpful and remembered where we had been the previous day and took the time to discuss what we were planning etc. Would definitely recommend visiting Glasgow School of Art for a guided tour, Kelvingrove Museum and Art Gallery, The Necropolis and Cathedral, The People's Palace, The Police Museum. Would give The Barras a miss if it's very cold, found the new Transport Museum, not very well laid out - but Street mock up was good. Would recommend Mercado for tapas in Merchant Square very good value, morcilla and mushrooms particularly tasteful - and right opposite The Police Museum!

Room Tip: Our room overlooked M8 and was on the 12th floor. We were definitely on the better side and being high up the views, especially at night, were good.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 April 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights as part of a work conference. Great big room with excellent views across Glasgow. Good gym, pool and spa. The Morblas buffet is actually done a disservice by the 'buffet' tag. It's superb. Great choice and quality.

All the staff I encountered were very helpful, smartly presented and, refreshingly, local. It's nice to here the local accent of the city in which you are staying.

WiFi is free if you're a BT customer. Car parking only £12 per day for guests.

Would definitely return for leisure.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Al58736
Reviewed 3 April 2013

Stay here quite often over the last 15 years for celebrations or chill out spa breaks etc , however was put off a little last year when we arrived to find no Minskey's ? the restaurant had been replaced by a very bleak area and the food was awful ... however thought we'd give it another try a couple of weeks ago ... I'm so glad we did ..

Still no Minskey's , however the dinner buffet was back , and better than ever , everything we tried was delicious

From the moment we walked up to the reception desk , everyone was friendly and professional , we'd booked as a birthday celebration for our 9 year old .. everyone made a big fuss and were given a lovely room 14th or 15th floor , there was a table set out at reception serving champagne and canape's to promote the restaurant ... great start .

I love the fact the Hilton is one of the only places in Glasgow [or maybe the only one] where you can take a lift from your floor straight down to the spa area without having to walk through the hotel ... Robes were sent to the room and as usual the sauna / steam rooms great .. temperatures just right .. and as expected breakfast was lovely and staff couldn't be friendlier

It's the 11 year olds birthday on Friday ... guess where we're going

Room Tip: Higher you go the better the view
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 April 2013

This was our first visit to the Hilton Glasgow and first impressions were very good with staff on Reception making us very welcome. We arrived slightly early and were informed that we would have to wait for a refurbished room but we were offered an old room if we wished. We decided to wait and went for lunch in the bar and again we were greeted by very professional and friendly staff. When we went up to the room it appeared more than adequate but one or two issues were apparent. The sink surface in the bathroom was flaking and was sharp to the touch and the toiletries were inadequate for two people. Another slight disappointment was the lack of complimentary biscuits with the tea and coffee facilities. On the Sunday we had the buffet lunch at £25 per head and found it to be excellent value for money with 5 genuine courses and we were spoilt for choice. Throughout our stay we were well looked after by the staff and I cannot praise them enough. We will in all probability re-visit the hotel and the overall experience was very good if not quite 5 star.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 April 2013

I have always liked the Hilton Hotel Chain and have stayed with them all over the world. I particularly like this hotel, once you discover the route into it! The last time I visited this hotel was when my friend, Amanda Spence, had a party there in December and my husband surprised me by booking a room so we could stay and better enjoy the festivities. It was so kind of him!

The reception area is is spacious and grand, however the hotel bar is small for the size of the hotel. The staff are helpful but unobtrusive and the hotel is spotlessly clean.

Our room was on the fourteenth floor and we overlooked the motorway, but the room was quiet because of the soundproofing and the good quality glazing. We were delighted with it. The bed was also very comfortable and we slept well.

I also enjoyed using the pool at this hotel. We did not use any other fitness equipment, but the pool is large and well-maintained. It wasn't busy either time we used it and the towels provided are lovely and fluffy. There is a great fitness room too, but we did not use that.

Breakfast was marvellous! it is a buffet with a wide variety of hot and cold choices. As well as the traditional British fry-up, I told the chefs I was vegetarian and they brought me vegetarian sausages too. It was unexpected and kind.

As I live relatively close to this hotel, I rarely have a chance to use it nowadays, however, I highly recommend it and am pleased to have a chance to stay there when I can.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple