“Lovely rooms”
Review of Hilton Glasgow

Hilton Glasgow
Ranked #31 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed 19 December 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for one night. I had booked the hilton gardens but there was a mix up somewhere along the line. However it worked in our favour as it was a much nicer room than we expected. It was still within walking distance of the Clyde auditorium and to the city centre. Staff were very friendly and helpful. I would stay here again

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Hilton Glasgow

Reviewed 13 December 2013

I've stayed here 3 or 4 times in the past both on business and as a treat with my wife. I have always enjoyed the experience. My most recent stay was for a conference. As usual, the rooms were immaculate, the staff friendly and helpful, and the stay felt like a real treat. It's not cheap but in this case you do get what you pay for. The food is lovely if you wish to dine in the hotel but you'd be kind of daft to do so with so many good bars and restaurants within 5-15 mins walk. Travellers unfamiliar with the area would be best getting a taxi the short distance into town for a few pounds. I look forward to staying again.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 December 2013

Because of the direction the taxi approached (down a dark side street, looking for all the world as though we were ehading to a remote area of waste land where I would be robbed and dumped!), it didn't bode well. However, once we turned the corner I could see this was a purpose built, sizeable hotel equipped for business and leisure visitors.
The welcome was warm and speedy - just what you need after a long journey.
I was sorry that - in common with many hotels these days - there was no invitation to request a morning newspaper, wake up call etc - but I was informed that breakfast was available from 6.30am and that the spa would be open for another couple of hours. If only I'd thought to pack trunks...entitrely my own fault!
The room was comfortable enough, on the 17th floor and quiet - as I had requested. The bathroom was big enough to feel you could move around and there were plenty of white fluffy towels.
I never did get to try breakfast because I slept in - I had to be in a taxi at 7am. But I can't fault the receptionist: when i called down to ask that she order a cab, she politely replied that there are taxis waiting outside 24 hours a day. Now that's what I call service!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 December 2013

The room was very nice, though the bathroom had to no lock - we were a couple in a twin room but feel this could have been a problem for folk on a business trip. The staff were very nice but we were let down by the quality of the food. We ate in restaurant (Morblas) and had room service - both times the food was awful and partially inedible. In the restaurant the manager did take the food charge off our bill and was very friendly and understanding. I have always considered the Hilton hotels as quite luxurious, but paying £300 for a 2 night stay where the experience was marred by the food just didn't feel like much fun. I would stay with Hilton again, just probably not the one in Glasgow.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Lisa L, Food and Beverage Team at Hilton Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2013

Dear Samantha G,

I would like to thank you for reviewing your experience at Morblas Seafood and Grill on TripAdvisor. I am sorry to hear that you did not experience the usual high levels of service and quality that we expect for all our guests.

I would like to extend our sincerest apologies for any disappointment caused as a result of the quality of the food served within Morblas Seafood and Grill and also our Room Service. We are constantly reviewing the feedback we receive on our Food and Beverage offerings to improve the service and quality provided. In the New Year, we will be launching a new Morblas Seafood and Grill A La Carté and Room Service menu which should make a noticeable enhancement.

Please email fb.glasgow@hilton.com with the subject: TripAdvisor Review for the attention of Gina when you are next visiting Glasgow.

Once again I would like to thank you for reviewing your experience of Hilton Glasgow and I do hope that your experience on this occasion does not deter you from staying with us again in the future.

Kind regards,

Gina
Food and Beverage Team

Reviewed 4 December 2013 via mobile

Had a wonderful experience today at the salon with jamie who did an excellent job. Im so happy with my hair.

The girls are great and very friendly and helpful.

Would highly recommend this salon.
Jamie is an excellent haur dresser.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 December 2013

Avoid room 2020 if you do not like to freeze and hate cold showers. impossible to sleep as I was too cold. asked for some blankets. Fortunately staff is very friendly and came fast. Location of hotel is not great unless you are working in this part of Glasgow. Not near shopping center. ViP breakfast room is depressing and food very average. Hotel needs Hilton Group to refurbish fast. It is certainly NOT a five star hotel and compared to high level competition in the world, it does not pay tribute to the image of Glasgow and Scotland.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank John D
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Ideal situation in city centre with on site parking. Chose this hotel as it was only a short taxi ride to SSE Hydro. So convenient and hassle free to get to concert venue. Lovely hotel with good size bedrooms and everything as it should be. Only complaint was our breakfast cereal bowls were never cleared from the table so they were a bit in the way and had to be juggled round, but the food was excellent. Checkout very efficient with very pleasant staff on desk.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family