“Family rooms need updating and cleaner.”
Review of Hilton Glasgow

Hilton Glasgow
Ranked #31 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed 25 December 2013 via mobile

Brilliant stay, shame they turn the fire in lounge off so early. Shower would have been better with detactable shower head. Food was good,'staff helpful and friendly. Power cut when we stayed so had to climb stairs to14th floor. Would go again on special deal.

• Stayed: October 2013

Reviewed 23 December 2013

i stayed at the Hotel for the Tartan ball for Variety the Children's Charity and had a wonderful time
service was superb i arrived only to find out i left my bow tie in London
No worries the front desk sorted me out .The night was amazing and the food was superb
i had a great room and was woken as planned to get an early flight must say great staff

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 December 2013

Stayed here once again for a few days and we got a great deal in a club room. We love this hotel and always have a really comfartable stay and this time it was even better because of the superb club lounge. The room was super (1818) a corner room with lots of space and it was so quiet being at the end of the corridor. Really comfortable bed and good shower. The club lounge was really good, high tea, canapes and beer and wine for a few hours at night and a regular supply of tea, coffee, biscuits and nuts throughout the day. Breakfast in the lounge has a set of hot choices and a Continental selection as well, great and plentiful.
All in all, this is the hotel to stay in for your short break in Glasgow. Not one complaint!

Room Tip: Go for a club room, its well worth the extra Corner room are bigger and quieter
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 December 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for one Night in November. Very nice front lobby. Check in was quick and staff were very pleasant. Room very nice. The shower however far to small and very well aged. I went down to tge restaurant for the Sunday lunch. Staff very unhelpful, very slow and lacked knowledge. I went up to the buffet abd finally found a ckean plate under the pile off filthy ones. Sunday Carvery was ok. Dessert were very well presented abd nice but once again dirty plates in the hot plate. Shocking. I didn't complain as I work in the industry so did not want to make a fuss. I left said goodbye to all staff abd was grunted at.

Went out for the afternoon.

Returned to the hotel and ordered room service at approximately 10pm. Service was reasonably quick and waitress nice. However the food was shocking. Mildly warm, very poorly presented and far from fresh. I phoned and complained, same lassie came up and took food away. She apologised. She phoned about ten minutes later to say my meal was free. Which it should off been as I did not eat anything.

Nice hotel. Shocking restaurant food and staff.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Lisa L, Food and Beverage Team at Hilton Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2014

Dear ChrisMI3528SJ,

Thank you for taking the time to review Hilton Glasgow and Morblas Seafood and Grill. We appreciate your feedback.

I am pleased to read that you liked our lobby area and received good service from our Front Desk Team. With regards to the shower, our Maintenance Team will include your feedback a as part of their on-going assessment of the facilities in our Guest Rooms. I have notified them of your concerns and we apologise for any discontent caused by this. We always encourage our guests to mention things like this to our front desk, as there is always a team member available to assist you at all times to improve or modify any situation.

I am sorry to read about your experience in Morblas Seafood and Grill and with Room Service and would like to take this opportunity to apologise on behalf of the team, this is not the kind of service we strive to achieve, and can assure you that our Restaurant Manager and Executive Chef will review our quality of product and service with their teams.

We are constantly reviewing the feedback we receive on our Food and Beverage offerings to improve the service and quality provided and I am happy to confirm that we will be launching a new Morblas Seafood and Grill A La Carté Menu and Market Menu which should make a noticeable enhancement. Next time you are in Glasgow, please email fb.glasgow@hilton.com with the subject: TripAdvisor Review for the attention of Gina.

Once again I would like to thank you for reviewing your experience of Hilton Glasgow and I do hope that your experience on this occasion does not deter you from staying with us again in the future.

Kind regards,

Gina
Food and Beverage Team

Reviewed 20 December 2013

Stayed here recently and upgraded to a "king hilton deluxe room" , room was clean and spacious on 6th floor , staff were very pleasant, breakfast was great and car parking was very handy, all in all a very good hotel but the little extras weren't there eg, bathrobes, mineral water in room . these are standard in many hotels of this class in Glasgow, this might seem trivial but that could be the difference to me returning or booking elsewhere, there are alot of very good hotels in glasgow and as good as the Hilton is it could be better

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 December 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for one night. I had booked the hilton gardens but there was a mix up somewhere along the line. However it worked in our favour as it was a much nicer room than we expected. It was still within walking distance of the Clyde auditorium and to the city centre. Staff were very friendly and helpful. I would stay here again

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 December 2013

I've stayed here 3 or 4 times in the past both on business and as a treat with my wife. I have always enjoyed the experience. My most recent stay was for a conference. As usual, the rooms were immaculate, the staff friendly and helpful, and the stay felt like a real treat. It's not cheap but in this case you do get what you pay for. The food is lovely if you wish to dine in the hotel but you'd be kind of daft to do so with so many good bars and restaurants within 5-15 mins walk. Travellers unfamiliar with the area would be best getting a taxi the short distance into town for a few pounds. I look forward to staying again.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business