“Comfortable and Close”

Ranked #31 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Comfortable and Close”
Reviewed 9 January 2014

Reasonable hotel for business travelers. A short walk to many businesses and restaurants. Service is solid. Bar offers a nice array of cocktails in a comfortable setting. The restaurant was out of a number of dishes. Sampled the filet and pork chops and both were overcooked.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Nicole J, Guest Relations Officer at Hilton Glasgow, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Dear Robert H ,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay.

Please accept our apologies for your disappointing experience in our Restaurant,this is not the standard we strive to achieve at Hilton Glasgow. We really appreciate your feedback and your comments have been communicated to our management team to help improve our guest experience.

I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back.

Guest Relations Officer

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (583)
  • Turkish first
Solihull
Reviewed 8 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed here a few times for work over the last few years. Some rooms bit dated. There are some refurbed rooms though. Which are lovely. Restaurant nice. Bar staff friendly and chatty, nice atmosphere. Food good. Breakfast at Hilton really good!! Would stay here for for business or pleasure

• Stayed February 2013
Nicole J, Guest Relations Officer at Hilton Glasgow, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Dear BekJam,

Thank you for taking the time to rate your stay.

I am happy to hear that you enjoy your stays at Hilton Glasgow and your feedback is greatly appreciated to help improve our guests experience.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 January 2014

Great weekend in Glasgow brilliantly enhanced by our stay at Glasgow Hilton
Staff : warm, welcoming and helpful.
Hotel : refurb has brought it up to date and looking good.

If you are planning to visit Glasgow this hotel will be right up your street.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Dear davey1tom,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.

It is fantastic you enjoyed your stay at Hilton Glasgow , we really appreciate your kind feedback.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Caceres, Spain
Reviewed 4 January 2014

This hotel is well located, walking distance from many of Glasgow's key attractions such as the main shopping centres, Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum, Mackintosh's School of Art, and easy driving from the airport and to the south side of the city. The facilities in the hotel are fantastic and score top points. Most of all the atmosphere in the hotel is extremely friendly and ideal if you are staying there with children, this friendliness captures the essence of Glasgow itself- and it was a joy for me and my family to spend five days there. I would definitely go back to the Glasgow Hilton again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Janine M ,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Hilton Glasgow.

We greatly appreciate your kind comments , I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and the hotels facilities.

I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back on your next visit to Glasgow.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 January 2014

I stayed here for three nights in December- along with government staff and a number of conference delegates (neither of which group I belonged to). I was greeted by name on arrival, helped with my luggage and shown my room- the hotel was busy but I assume I was flagged as it was my first corporate visit- I was given the roll out! The room was well appointed and very clean although the shower was merely a drip. Upon arrival I noted a bedside light out and I requested housekeeping change it- still after two nights this wasn't done so I contacted the concierge who immediately sent up a serviceman and it was seen to. The restaurant offered a set menu which I had one evening; excellent value and exceptional food. The room service menu was a little lacking but delivered quickly (I should have eaten in the restaurant again). Breakfast in the restaurant was a good selection of hot and cold food and drink. The full taxi rank outside every morning was brilliant. I had three excellent nights' sleep here. Well done.

Room Tip: As with most hotels, the higher the better (I I was on 16)- facing 'city side'- away from th...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Lisa L, Manager at Hilton Glasgow, responded to this review, 16 January 2014
Dear auntietrace,

Thank you for taking the time to review your three night stay at Hilton Glasgow.

It’s great to hear you enjoyed your time at the hotel and I will certainly pass on your kind comments to our team.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Kind regards,
Bluemilky1968
Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for Hogmanay and throughly enjoyed our night. Our room was on the sixth floor and was nice size and very clean as was the bathroom. We ate lunch in the bar which was good sized portions and tasted great. The hotel is only 10-15mins walk from the city centre and is easily accessed from the central motorway. We found all staff very friendly and welcoming and check in and out was very quick and hassle free. The only negative point being the fire alarm at 2am, which can happen anywhere, but the hotel staff dealt with this very professionally and quickly and didn't spoil our night at all. We will be back!

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Lisa L, Manager at Hilton Glasgow, responded to this review, 16 January 2014
Dear Bluemilky1968,

Thank you for taking the time to review your Hogmanay stay at Hilton Glasgow.

It is always a pleasure to share positive feedback with our team.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Glasgow.

Kind Regards,
Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed 1 January 2014

I stayed here again for New Year.

I just love this hotel, the staff are very friendly and superbly efficient. It is the staff that make this hotel superb.

Check in was friendly and efficient and I was given an upgrade to the Exec floor. The room was good and spacious. Would have been good if they had kept the air con on since was a little chilly on arrival in the room but it was soon warm.

The Exec lounge here is good with a nice size, friendly staff and plenty of choice of food. I enjoyed both nights in the lounge.

The breakfast was also nice in the main restaurant and there was plenty of choice, no issue with the orange juice that one other member mentioned.

As I said at the start of this review, it is the staff here that are superb and they certainly showed their skills during my stay on two occasions. The first was when I woke up on the first morning to have no running cold water. I called reception and within 5 mins a friendly maintenance man arrived and sorted the problem straight away. The second occasion was when we were all awoken at 0300 on New Years morning by an evacuation call. The call was clear and loud and people started to leave the hotel by walking down the stairs. Staff were available to guide us out and kept everyone informed. Luckily there was no fire and we were all allowed back in almost immediately but for me it showed that bothy the system worked and also the staff could be relied on to help us all out safely. I do not see this as an inconvenience but more that an evacuation of a large hotel like this can occur both safely and quickly.

Well done Hilton on a superb property.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Lisa L, Manager at Hilton Glasgow, responded to this review, 15 January 2014
Dear HullPhil,

Thank you for your great feedback regarding your New Year stay at Hilton Glasgow.

I am delighted to hear you love our hotel and have shared your kind comments with the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind Regards,